Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Ronaldo transfer "saga"

Where do you stand?

A. A fascinating tale that fully deserves full back page coverage during a major tournament and which has me on the edge of my seat awaiting the next instalment of will he, won't he.

OR

B. Just make your flipping mind up to go or stay. I couldn't give a monkey's either way.

Comments

• Options
    B.
  • Options
    C, Has been seen in talking to Pard`s at Clacketts Lane service, then I`ll take an interest! ;-)
  • Options
    B.
    Looks like tevez is thinking of walking aswell
    can we have a C. Do u love seeing man u. in trouble and on the back foot for a change its fantastic :-)
  • Options
    B, Although I'd like to see him stay.
  • Options
    He's already decided and I think he has also decided it is his business and not the British press. If I were a Man U supporter it would of interest to me but as we are not (far as I know) making a bid its all a bit dull to me.
  • Options
    What makes me laugh is Man utd getting the hump because Madrid are basically doing to them what they've done to other clubs for years. Didn't see United fans moaning when they cherry-picked Rooney, Ferdinand, Carrick, Hargreaves, Tevez. Funny how they don't like it now.
    Just accept that for a kid growing up in Portugal, playing for Madrid is the pinnacle of his career. Take the 60-70m and build again. No 1 player is bigger than the club.
  • Options
    I find it quite 'extraordinary' that he want's to leave Man Utd to be honest if it's silverware that rocks his boat.
    I think Real are some way off the pace re European stuff is concerned, having said that go and watch them win it next season just to prove me wrong.
  • Options
    In the great words of ABBA "money ,money money its a rich mans world"
  • Options
    Wise words mate...
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I don't see what United's problem is ? nothing new here, move on ........................
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    B
  • Options
    If you look at how many goals he got last season - they wouldn't have got any silverware without him.

This is why they don't want to sell - but I don't think they have a choice now.

I agree that a move to madrid is strange if you're after trophies and you are already in a euro cup winning team....
  • Options
    Like Chris said. What goes around comes around. He's already made up his mind, get on with it.
  • Options
    B, but I'd like to see him stay in the English game.

But he wants out, Man U know it and are just posturing for more money.

Before they start moaning about Madrid illegally poaching him two words: Owen Hargreaves.
  • Options
    B - Couldn't give a flying
  • Options
    I would be surprised if he has another season that good again. I would bite there hand off if they offered £80m and bring in Messi as a replacement, then with more than half the fee still remaining invest in more players, such as a goalkeeper as Van Der Sarr is retiring at the end of the season. Exciting times for man yoo fans.
  • Options
    Think the Geezer is a Prize twat & ManU are better off getting Rid, he's winning things both domesticaly & in Europe & getting paid a fortune to do so yet shows no loyalty to the club that have made him the player he is, Just signed a Huge 4 Year Contract for £100k + per week. The bloke has no class. The only positive thing is it is happening to ManU :-)
  • Options
    Maybe it's just Manchester he hates? In terms of quality of life, family, friends, food and lifestyle Madrid wins hands down... on the pitch things are different.

But he's going and BFR man Utd are posturing and will hol;d out for the most money they can get. I'd take 80million and purchase the Russian lad and 2 or 3 other players.
  • Options
    b
  • Options
    we should be concerned about QPR`s ,Coventry,Ipswich ,money. Can we get to a 20,000 average gate this year? Can we finish in top 8 ? Not who Renaldo plays for which is sad really.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: T[/cite]Maybe it's just Manchester he hates? In terms of quality of life, family, friends, food and lifestyle Madrid wins hands down... on the pitch things are different.

But he's going and BFR man Utd are posturing and will hol;d out for the most money they can get. I'd take 80million and purchase the Russian lad and 2 or 3 other players.

Make you about right- also the fact that his advisers will make a stack of cash from the transfer will have influenced them and therefore Ronaldo.

Have to say it ManU are a class act in getting the best from any deal and that, also, the Premiership will be a poorer place without him.

But hey ho- not CAFC relevant so not particularly bothered.......
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Where do you stand?

A. A fascinating tale that fully deserves full back page coverage during a major tournament and which has me on the edge of my seat awaiting the next instalment of will he, won't he.

OR

B. Just make your flipping mind up to go or stay. I couldn't give a monkey's either way.

You're obviously reading the wrong papers Henry.

And there's me thinking you were a Guardian man.
  • Options
    Its an interesting saga.

I think the domination of the English top 4 in Europe is echoing alarm bells around UEFA and the other top European clubs at the moment. I think it has finally dawned on them that the Champions League structure they have created, coupled with the Sky money, has created a monster. It certainly wasn't in the original remit for the English clubs to be the main beneficiaries of the commercial change we've seen in the last ten years.

There appears to be a collective mass effort now, from Real, Inter, AC etc to try and nip the English dominance in the bud now before it is too later.

Itys a double edged sword for most of us i suspect. Many i reckon loathe the premiership, and what it stands for and created, yet its nice seeing the world's best players on match of the day on a saturday night.

Something has to give, and i suspect UEFA are doing all they legally can to assist the other top clubs in nipping the English dominance now.

As for Ronaldo, its about money. Pure and simple. Earning £5-6m a year is great, until someone offers you £15m a year. Everyone has that little greed monster in them, its just greater in some than it is in others.

Shows what chance we have though, when the biggest club in the world can't even hold onto their best player.
  • Options
    I think they should let him go.
    No doubt means we'll get more money for Berbatov when he eventually goes in the next month or two...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Its an interesting saga.

I think the domination of the English top 4 in Europe is echoing alarm bells around UEFA and the other top European clubs at the moment. I think it has finally dawned on them that the Champions League structure they have created, coupled with the Sky money, has created a monster. It certainly wasn't in the original remit for the English clubs to be the main beneficiaries of the commercial change we've seen in the last ten years.

There appears to be a collective mass effort now, from Real, Inter, AC etc to try and nip the English dominance in the bud now before it is too later.

I would agree that uefa are definately trying to do this, but the other top european clubs may have trouble doing so as being part of G14 with the english clubs probably means that they have to toe the 'party' line on things.
  • Options
    I'd love to see the little w*nker rot in the Utd reserves.
  • Options
    I did see that Fergie has said he has made a bid for Berbatov and expects him to come to Man U.

Can someone explain how this differs from the Ronaldo saga other than Man U have finally made a bid.
  • Options
    I was thinking exactly that this morning, it comes straight out of the Harry Redknapp book of tapping up!

''Yes we are intresting in signing X player, not that the club have said we can talk to them yet but we thought we'd just let the player know''.

It's a joke, all summer he's been complaing about Real Madrid and then he comes out with that!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]I did see that Fergie has said he has made a bid for Berbatov and expects him to come to Man U.

Can someone explain how this differs from the Ronaldo saga other than Man U have finally made a bid.

Man U put a bid in - the proper way. I guess what is being argued over with Berbatov are the fine details.

Real Madrid haven't yet bid for Ronaldo and appear to be tapping him up.

A far better example of Man U tapping a player up would be Owen Hargreaves.