Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Khan V Gomez

Wow!
What a fight! The best, most intense 5 rounds I have seen in British boxing for some time.
The boy Khan is now a man, so much bigger and stronger than when he fought in Athens.
However he is not the finished product his camp would have us believe, not yet anyway. To be given such a fight by a 30 something journeyman shows he is still some way off taking on the Yanks et al.

Great sport. It's been a good few weeks for us armchair athletes. Euro 2008 has already produced more than it's fair share of excitment, cricket has been interesting and the US Open last weekend is still with me. Wimbledon starts Monday as well. Fantastic!

Comments

• Options
    ...everything Chirpy said! ;o)
  • Options
    ...everything F-Blocker said about Chirpy!

Khans hand speed is amazing
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite] Wimbledon starts Monday as well. Fantastic!

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????!
  • Options
    everything algarve said about what chirpy said!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]Wimbledon starts Monday as well.

Must remember to take my umbrella to work
  • Options
    They know Khan aint the finished boxer yet. If he faces 1 of the Mexicans or South east asians he will be beaten. He was hurt by the left hook to the chin and the body shot.

Love the "smaller" guys fightsmuch more action than the super heavys.
  • Options
    Best fight i have seen in ages i thought he could have let gomez go another round TBH.

i dont think it was an early stoppage or the ref was wrong as i could see the argument for stopping it but Gomez is durable and if you watch the punches Khan threw whilst gomez was against the ropes only one hit the head the rest were glove and shoulder.
    Khan showed everything that he needed too last night the boy is coming good
  • Options
    Good fight last night, however if you want to see a better fight than that, see if you can find the Graham Earl v Michael Katsidis from Feb last year, for the Commonwealth Lightweight title.

5 mental rounds. Best fight i have seen.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]They know Khan aint the finished boxer yet. If he faces 1 of the Mexicans or South east asians he will be beaten. He was hurt by the left hook to the chin and the body shot.

Love the "smaller" guys fightsmuch more action than the super heavys.

totally agree GH - He's kidding himself if he thinks he is ready for a World Champs fight he'd get battered. thanksfully he;s got Frank Warren looking after him who is of the same opinion so won't let the hypre rush him through. plus he's not near being considered contender yet anyway.
  • Options
    I just watched it and I think Gomex/Armstrong broke one of Khans ribs, very good hearty performance from Khan though but like is said above not ready for a decent Mexican or dare I say it Nate?