Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

I reckon Russia will beat Holland!

Please feel free to abuse me at 9.30 after a dutch 4-0 win but I have a feeling the Russians will win. Putting my unknown reputation on the line!!!

Comments

• I also think they will win. 0-0 at the moment
  • ummmm no
  • Missed first few mins of the game. why are the Dutch wearing black arm bands and why aint Robin playing ?
  • Robben injured in training. Boulahrouz new born baby died couple days old, thats why black armbands.

Russia playing very well
  • Russia playing very well but one has to suspect that unless they can score soon they'll become frustrated.

Fatigue will also come into play.

Hope the Dutch win tbh
  • That Russian (Kolikin?) has one hell of a dig on him!

I want Holland to win though.
  • well well well.....
  • made it a better last 30 though...
  • can;t believe bhoularouz is playing.

the russkis are a decent team 1-0 up
  • 1-1 van nistleroy
  • Sponsored links:

• yeah fair play to the dutch, playing terrible but got the goal. Russia should of had this wrapped up, they get in good positions but final ball not quite there.

I think that second was recinded because the ball went out of play first? Commentators saying the linesman 2 miles away told the ref to not book him but i think they are wrong. That brings up a interesting point, say it was a bad tackle (it wasn't barely touched him) should they still be sent off or booked even if ball went out of play?
  • Well done Russia. Absolutely played Holland off the park. They have some great players. Suppose it makes England faliure to qualify look a little bit better.....

Should of won by more.....Holland were so poor, nothing in attack and stood off them in defence
  • I thought that Holland would win tonight, but Russia deserved it right from the start. I wonder which team will be trying to sign Arshavin after tonight.
  • Russia were outstanding and hardly gave Holland a sniff. Really it should have been 3 or 4 - nil. I'll be amazed if Arshavin doesn't go for over 20m as he ran the show. Utd should sell Ronaldo and buy him. And if Celtic think they can sign Pavulachenko then no chance. Could now go all the way.
  • [cite]Posted By: matt896[/cite]ummmm no

i look like a tit now
  • [cite]Posted By: Mr-Invisible[/cite]Please feel free to abuse me at 9.30 after a dutch 4-0 win but I have a feeling the Russians will win. Putting my unknown reputation on the line!!!

Can't see it myself........

You just knew, and Ihave said it earlier in the tournament that teams who play the best, most exciting football never win.

I don't know if this is possible, I haven't studied the draw, but I expect Germany V Italy final. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • edited June 2008
    Russia looked technically brilliant tonight. I'm not surprised we didn't qualify, I think I'm coming to realise that we have a few good players but we're not actually that good at all. I mean when was the last time you saw England play like Russia did tonight? Not in my living memory, not that type of football.

Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if they were in the final.
  • Slaven Bilic said something a little while ago that summed it up for me.

It's not that you are bad, it's that a lot of other teams are better.

Sums it for me, most of the sides I've seen this tournament would have done a number on our heroes I'm afraid.

Germany played some superb football the other night I'm ashamed to say.

I think we could of beat France only because they looked awful, possibly Greece and Austria again only because they were pish. Cappelo needs to do what a manager should of done a long time ago for England and pick players in form and who can function in a team ethic, that means if he wants to play one up front picking a player who can fulfill that role not Wayne Rooney who is not that sort of player. And a midfield that functions as a unit, not four/five individuals, no matter how good they look INDIVIDUALLY for their respective clubs.

Russia at 22/1 a few weeks ago seemed silly, wonder who took a punt on the lame nag?
  • All my fault - I have been following Holland for the tournament, and had them in the sweep.

If anyone knows how to back a loser, it's me.
  • Do you reckon Arshavin will come to England and i so will Arshavin be popular amongst all football fans, could there even be an arshavin slot on Match of The Day?
  • Sponsored links:

• Ars-Havin Slot on MOTD, ooooer Kap!!!
  • Not surprised the Dutch lost, teams rarely play well throughout the tournament. It's usually won by a team who pick things up as the tournament progresses. If Spain lose tonight then all 3 teams that won all their 3 group matches will have gone out in the quarters. Whilst i'd like Spain to win the tournament as i love the way they play, it wouldn't surprise me at all if Italy (who would have been out if Buffon hadn't saved Mutu's penalty), go through to the semi's.
  • Arshavin is on pots of dough at Zenit. their owner isn't far off abramovich by all accounts and arshavin is earning bundles and will be playing champs league next season so can;t see it.
  • He has already stated to Zenit he wants to leave and they have confirmed it. Doubt it will be premier league but he is great.

All very well a few saying I knew the team playing well from start wouldnt win Euro but you would of thought they would beat Russia before possibly losing in semi
  • I tipped Russia on here a couple of weeks ago - just after they lost their opener. They will win this.
  • [cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]I tipped Russia on here a couple of weeks ago - just after they lost their opener. They will win this.

Anyone but the Germans
  • I also had a strong suspicion that Russi would beat Holland and I hope they go all the way. I am amazed that Croatia are out though, I really thought they were going to win the tournament.
  • [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]
    Russia at 22/1 a few weeks ago seemed silly, wonder who took a punt on the lame nag?

I bet the princely sum of £1 on it!