Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Which TV programme....

edited June 2008 in Not Sports Related
do you hate ? I know it's popular,but Big Brother makes me cringe. And that blokes voice ....

Comments

• Agree don't watch it but it irritates me all the same.
    Emmerdale, Eastenders, Coronation Street etc
    Heartbeat, Casualty, X idol or pop factor, dancing on rollerskates etc

Only a couple of things on the box I watch. Makes that sky subscription seem worthwhile though..... ;-)
  • All soaps,Big Brother,Eggheads,any pop idol type programme or anything with russell brand in it
  • Used to like Big Brother, but not watched the last 2-3 series, cant bare it now, morons the lot of the, I actually think it insults your intelligence to watch it.

Emmerdale
    Corrie
    Casualty
    Holby

will tolerate Eastenders, although the plots & story lines are ridiculous.
  • I don't think it insults your intelligence to watch it, if you watch it objectively. Despite the 'contestants' all entering for stardom, famous on the outside, hidden agendas, it is still a clever social experiment.

The girl that got kicked out, didn't realise she was aggressive, she obviously hasn't been told before, how interesting that where she is from they all speak like that, so it wasn't strange, to her, everyone else spoke differently to people, and she's learnt a hard lesson.

I remember watching the psychologist bit last series about that Charley. She stormed off crying after a row, some girls went after her, then when in the bedroom she stood higher than them all on a dresser thing in the middle of the room. THey compared it to animal instincts. She wanted to see who was on her side, she then when she felt more comfortable that she did have some loyalty she raised her status again by standing taller than her fellow housemates.

Also, anyone who watched 2 things this year already and not laughed must have had a serious sense of humour bypass. When they were getting shocked whilst sitting in those suits, i was laughing so much. It was a natural reaction, no fakeness in that. it was instant, and they couldn't have reacted in any other way as it hurt them. the second time i cracked up was when Alex was having a pop at Mo about disgracing his religion as he was standing in a bra and she was waiting for him to take it off before continuing the discussion. even they cracked up.

I think Big Brother has its faults, but it does bring important issues to the table. The Muslim row was an interesting one. Double standards to the highest degree. Its ok to smoke and drink but cross dressing is crossing the line. who made those rules???

anyway, I like big brother, if you didn't guess. but only as maybe i watch it differently to others. Its kinda like watching meerkat manor with people! (which by the way was very sad at the weekend as Flower died - i may be on an old series but i did actually shed a tear!)
  • I think the social expirement argument would be valid for the first couple of series, now its an excuse for wannabe wags, gay drama queens and nut jobs to self promote.
  • I don't think so. I think its just we get used to the experiment itself.

Its still interesting to watch wannabe's behave. Its such an abnormal experience, to be within the same confines for 3 months. I couldn't even imagine what it'd be like, whether I wanted to be famous or not, I don't think they realise what they are signing up for some times, They can't behave a certain way for 3 months.
  • [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]I don't think so. I think its just we get used to the experiment itself.

Its still interesting to watch wannabe's behave. Its such an abnormal experience, to be within the same confines for 3 months. I couldn't even imagine what it'd be like, whether I wanted to be famous or not, I don't think they realise what they are signing up for some times, They can't behave a certain way for 3 months.

Try going to prison, biggest social experiment ever, and longer than 3 months usually
  • [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]Agree don't watch it but it irritates me all the same.
    Emmerdale, Eastenders, Coronation Street etc
    Heartbeat, Casualty, X idol or pop factor, dancing on rollerskates etc

Only a couple of things on the box I watch. Makes that sky subscription seem worthwhile though..... ;-)
    That nails it I think!

I actually shout "aaargh" is I see/hear the slightest snippet of e**tenders and have to keep shouting until I have turned it off/over. I have a real phobia for it.
    Perhaps I should see a doctor ...
  • edited June 2008
    Big Brother. How Channel 4 are still getting away with flogging such a long dead horse amazes me.

Eastenders. I used to like it but can't stand it now.
  • Sponsored links:

• It pulls in ratings sadly and if they didn't show it then ITV or Sky would.
  • Eastenders is a poor as it comes for me. Did i miss somthing or were we supposed to celebrating some sort of 'Britian Day' on wednesday?? Eastenders is nothing more than a pantomime at the moment. The actors are so shite its unbelivalbe, some characters that astound me are: Chelsea, Keith, Gary Minty and Heather. for the love of god i think it has run its course and needs to be axed. My family have almost becomed brain washed with it. they moan how shite it is yet watch it every night and again on sunday!!!Albert Square does not exisit anywhere in real life and has no realtion with London of today. They would all be dead for starters; there in the cafe for a fry up every morning and in the vic by 11am everyday! oh and not one single person has a washing machine they all use the laundrete, and they all use the corner shop for there shopping! they must be all loaded if i tried to do my weekly shop in my corner shop shop it would cost about a grand!! as you can tell i hate eastenders, i know its loved by many but it does my nut, the only good thing for it is that it gives me an excuse to nip out into the garden to tinker with the motor and have a craty snout.
  • Big Bro
    Emmerdale
    Im a celeb in need of cash get me out of here
    X Factor
  • edited June 2008
    [cite]Posted By: addick1965[/cite]All soaps,Big Brother,Eggheads,any pop idol type programme or anything with russell brand in it

All my wifes favourites in other words. Mind you I bet nearly all women love the programmes we are listing.

We all love the football and sport in general, which generally they hate, or is my relationship different to the majority ?
  • Extreme Makeover.......my missus loves but she always ends up crying....drives me mad.
  • I used to really hate Joe a WWM programme from th e70's.
  • [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: addick1965[/cite]All soaps,Big Brother,Eggheads,any pop idol type programme or anything with russell brand in it

All my wifes favourites in other words. Mind you I bet nearly all women love the programmes we are listing.

We all love the football and sport in general, which generally they hate, or is my relationship different to the majority ?

i love soaps covered end and my husband hates them. so we have to try and split it. he loves supernatural stuff which i think mainly is khazi, Apart from Medium which i love. So I have to sit through a fair bit of crap and i think its only fair he watches some soaps. monday night does tend to stretch his patience when you can have a soap fest up until 9pm.

its also unfortunate for him that Paramount are running three repeat episodes of Sex and the City each and every night at the moment.. fantastic. but then i think most men should watch it, they might learn a thing or two.
  • All the Soaps
    The Apprentice
    Pop Stars / Britain's Got Talent
    Cricket :-)
  • I dislike most TV programmes apart from Sky Sports, BBC News 24, Sky Movies and UK Food
  • Big (Bollox) Brother lazy TV and everything thats bad with todays TV producers in one show.

Anything with Graham Norton on which means most TV.
  • Sponsored links:

• All soaps and sorry folks but SoccerAM is awful.
  • [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]

No I think you are in the majority, luckily Mrs. Algarve hates all the reality shows, except Come Dancing, does not mind most sports and likes football.

It leads to some very intersting discussions in the bar, when football "hating" women expect her to be like them, and are shocked when she tells them to open their minds, and try and join in with the bloke they are supposed to love, instead of giving him stick about it. "It's his holiday too" is a line they are not expecting, and in some cases it actually does change their mind set.
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]

i love soaps covered end and my husband hates them. so we have to try and split it. he loves supernatural stuff which i think mainly is khazi, Apart from Medium which i love. So I have to sit through a fair bit of crap and i think its only fair he watches some soaps. monday night does tend to stretch his patience when you can have a soap fest up until 9pm.

its also unfortunate for him that Paramount are running three repeat episodes of Sex and the City each and every night at the moment.. fantastic. but then i think most men should watch it, they might learn a thing or two.

me and tavern should start going for a pint on mondays.
  • you'll usually find him in the bugle on his own reading the paper :-)

Right off to the pub for a little sav blanc myself.
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]

The day I can learn anything from a bunch of American airheads is the day I jump off a cliff... LOL
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: addick1965[/cite]All soaps,Big Brother,Eggheads,any pop idol type programme or anything with russell brand in it[/quote]

We all love the football and sport in general, which generally they hate, or is my relationship different to the majority ?[/quote]

its also unfortunate for him that Paramount are running three repeat episodes of Sex and the City each and every night at the moment.. fantastic. but then i think most men should watch it, they might learn a thing or two.[/quote]

Yeah and don't I know it. After they finish on Paramount she watches them again on Paramount +1. :-)
  • [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]Eastenders is a poor as it comes for me. Did i miss somthing or were we supposed to celebrating some sort of 'Britian Day' on wednesday?? Eastenders is nothing more than a pantomime at the moment. The actors are so shite its unbelivalbe, some characters that astound me are: Chelsea, Keith, Gary Minty and Heather. for the love of god i think it has run its course and needs to be axed. My family have almost becomed brain washed with it. they moan how shite it is yet watch it every night and again on sunday!!!Albert Square does not exisit anywhere in real life and has no realtion with London of today. They would all be dead for starters; there in the cafe for a fry up every morning and in the vic by 11am everyday! oh and not one single person has a washing machine they all use the laundrete, and they all use the corner shop for there shopping! they must be all loaded if i tried to do my weekly shop in my corner shop shop it would cost about a grand!! as you can tell i hate eastenders, i know its loved by many but it does my nut, the only good thing for it is that it gives me an excuse to nip out into the garden to tinker with the motor and have a craty snout.

For someone who claims to hate it you seem to know an awful lot about it! Listing character names and everything!
  • Red i told you mate, its on in the back ground i admit some nights when i get in from work anc crash next the misses she has got it on, plus all the mags we get on a sunday with the papaers is nothing but filled with triffe from the sqaure.i used to watch in the old days stoped watching it once mike reid left, just how anyone could find pat butcher sexy made me laugh big time!! its always on at my mum and dads when i pop round on sundays so u pick things up. i admit i see it occasionally but it still is the biggest pile of cack on the bbc. bit like last season really, u know its gona be shit and u will come away pissed off and angry but u still sit there for 90 mins watching it!!
  • Big Brother. Bag of Shite.
  • Friends. Whish seems to be on every time you turn the telly on. It's just not funny.