Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Inflation

2»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]I earn over £250k a year, have no mortgage and therfore couldn't give a toss. Get those interesst rates up I say, it pays me more money on my savings.

That's a nice salary, Chirpy. Good for you! *thumbs up*

I should imagine most on here are earning a lot less. Any ideas how we can aspire to that level of income?

It sure would help at the moment - and take the worry out of the present situation.
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Hard work fella.

I thought you knew everyting I say must be taken with a pinch, ney a celler, twice ney a barrell of salt!

I just like to add a bit of levity one these threads get serious.
  • Options
    I took what you said at face value, Chirpy ........ £250k, I was mightily impressed - and there was I thinking, what can I learn from Chirpy?

I should have known better! lol

;o)
  • Options
    it's probably more like £550k, eh Chirps?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]it's probably more like £550k, eh Chirps?

I'm blushing.
  • Options
    Revising inflation targets is like sweeping the problem under the carpet. Inflation has more risk to the economy, jobs, small businesses, large businesses and prosperity than higher interest rates ever will. Given that the latest interest rate moves (in the UK) have been down then a rise shouldnt pose too many problems.
  • Options
    given that downward movement on interest rates hasn't affected mortgage rates due to the interbank lending rates, I wonder if the same will be true when they raise them... somehow I doubt it
  • Options
    I wnet to the local Esso garage and it was 50p to pump up my tyres - Thats inflation for you.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MrOneLung[/cite]I wnet to the local Esso garage and it was 50p to pump up my tyres - Thats inflation for you.

Ha ha! I just BURST out laughing - it only takes one little prick and then we'd be discussing deflation.......*groan*

:o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]it only takes one little prick and then we'd be discussing deflation

Don't go there mate!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2008