Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Who are your non-footballing heroes?

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]Liz Hurley
    Carol Vorderman
    Halle Berry
    Clare Nasir
    Kate Garraway
    Nigella Lawson
    Carol Thatcher
    Kelly Brook
    Alesha Dixon
    Fern Britton
    Holly Willoughby
    Charlie Theron
    J Lo
    Cheryl Cole
    Billie Piper
    Coleen Rooney
    Tess Daly
    Kylie Minogue
    Martine McCutheon
    Eva Longria
    Abi Titmuss
    Zoe Lucker
    Mariah Carey
    Suzanne Shaw

You sound like that bloke on "Throw Momma From The Train" who's writing a book called, "Women I'd like to pork".
  • Options
    The guy who first ate a whelk either f**kin starving or very very brave !

on the guy that thought of eating jellied eels "so i have just caught his snake like thing which is a fish (yeah right !) and now i think ill cook it then wont eat it foreawhile then let if set solid in its own "juice" and then ill eat it " brave or a complete loon
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]The guy who first ate a whelk either f**kin starving or very very brave !

on the guy that thought of eating jellied eels "so i have just caught his snake like thing which is a fish (yeah right !) and now i think ill cook it then wont eat it foreawhile then let if set solid in its own "juice" and then ill eat it " brave or a complete loon

Loon...they are vile
  • Options
    The doctor who did the first angioplasti (a cable through the arteries to find blockages with the aid of a camera), performed it on himself evidently.
    Now how about that for bottle!
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Jimmy Johnstone
    Morrissey/Marr
    Tom Simpson
    Martin Scorcese
    Isambard Kingdom Brunel
    Lenny Bruce
    Johnny Cash
    Mark E Smith
    Gazza
    Tommy Cooper
    Sir Ian Botham
  • Options
    Lookout
  • Options
    The first girl to go oral on me
  • Options
    u mean the one that told u to "f**k off" that was very oral.
  • Options
    Any bird who takes it up the Gary.....lol
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]u mean the one that told u to "f**k off" that was very oral.
    [cite]Posted By: Fishnets[/cite]Any bird who takes it up the Gary.....lol

Now we're talking, heroes, every one of them
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I forgot Helen Mirren
  • Options
    Lance Armstrong and Bob Champion, in fact anyone from any walk of life who has had and beaten cancer.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]Lance Armstrong and Bob Champion, in fact anyone from any walk of life who has had and beaten cancer.

Selma and Patty Bouvier.
  • Options
    My Great Grandad for his military cross from WW1 at the somme, all of my nans brothers who never made it home from WW2, the 2 that did and my grandad who was in the RAF in WW2

all heros the lot of them
  • Options
    Liam Gallagher
    Ian Botham
    Shaun Edwards
    Peter Kay
    Frank Skinner
    Noel Gallagher
  • Options
    My wife for putting up with me going to football week in week out, for two wonderful daughters and for the way the has reached the top of her branch of pharmacy and yet remain such a nice person
  • Options
    John Peel

Quentin crisp

Tony benn

Cheryl Baker

and of course THE VALLEY,VOTE VALLEY! CAMPAIGN ORGANISERS. where would we be now?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]Liz Hurley
    Carol Vorderman
    Halle Berry
    Clare Nasir
    Kate Garraway
    Nigella Lawson
    Carol Thatcher
    Kelly Brook
    Alesha Dixon
    Fern Britton
    Holly Willoughby
    Charlie Theron
    J Lo
    Cheryl Cole
    Billie Piper
    Coleen Rooney
    Tess Daly
    Kylie Minogue
    Martine McCutheon
    Eva Longria
    Abi Titmuss
    Zoe Lucker
    Mariah Carey
    Suzanne Shaw

Almost 100% with you there fella. A few I don't know though and then you go and let yourself with that old bag of bones Mirren!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Alex Wright[/cite]Lennie Bruce
    Tony Benn
    My late Father

Never got the Lennie Bruce thing, I know a lot of comics quote him as a hero or inspiration, but everything I have seen of him I find average, maybe he stood out more in his era?
    I think Lennie broke the ground that people like Bill Hicks and Ben Elton later trod. Maybe hero is too strong a word but anyone who managed to incorporate politics sexism and racisim in their act in the early 60's deserves respect. There was a good biopic made about 35 years ago, it's worth a view.

I'm sure two of my choice would change if I pick again next week :)
  • Options
    My eight year old son kieran, we lost rachel ,his mum and my wife ,to cancer three years ago, he's been brilliant , he's shown such strengh, full of love and makes me laugh with his jokes and cheekiness.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: shrew[/cite]My eight year old son kieran, we lost rachel ,his mum and my wife ,to cancer three years ago, he's been brilliant , he's shown such strengh, full of love and makes me laugh with his jokes and cheekiness.

Just to let you know I came into work with the hump this morning and then I read that. If an eight year old can laugh through his adversity then why should I be a miserable bugger. You've obviously got a good one there, look after him.

Cheers.
  • Options
    It's good to know how many people have listed familiy members. There's a lot of good people out there.
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Ian Botham
    Oliver Reed
    Keith Moon
    Noel Gallagher
    Tiger Woods
    Shaun Edwards
    Norman Collier
    Tommy Cooper
    David Lloyd
    Nigel Benn
    The Chuckle Brothers
    Zippy
  • Options
    Groove from the Hoobs
  • Options
    Bill Hicks
  • Options
    Marcus Trescothick
    Andrew Strauss
    Michael Vaughan
    Ian Bell
    Kevin Pietersen
    Andrew Flintoff
    Geraint Jones
    Ashley Giles
    Matthew Hoggard
    Steve Harmison
    Simon Jones
    Paul Collingwood

The 2005 Ashes winning squad (not forgetting 12th man Gary Pratt who ran out Ricky Ponting at Trent Bridge) he deserves a mention alone just for doing that!
  • Options
    Jimmy Mizan`s Mum + Dad. Its humbling to know there are such people in the World. Sad that they have to walk amongst such scum bags.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Jimmy Mizan`s Mum + Dad. Its humbling to know there are such people in the World. Sad that they have to walk amongst such scum bags.

Good shout
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Jimmy Mizan`s Mum + Dad. Its humbling to know there are such people in the World. Sad that they have to walk amongst such scum bags.

On that score you could also include the parents and family of Stephen Lawrence.
  • Options
    BFR the reason i said that re Jimmy Mizens parents was the fact that his mum a day after his murder went on TV to say she had forgiven his murderer and didnt want any hate etc because of his death. He was buried today.
    I cant know how much pain they must feel but i do know they are better people than me to be able to forgive the scum bag. I would be all hate and revenge.
    People like that deserve a better society. Sometimes with all the crap and scum about you can forget that there are truely good people out there as well.