Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Toulalon?? Scott Parker style.

The French midfielder last night Toulalon or somthing like that really reminded me of Scott Parker in his pomp with us, long sleve shirt rolled up, was everywhere and got stuck in and had a decent shot on him. Was without doubt the best frenchman on the pitch last night. How the mighty have fallen with the french, Raymond Domenech the coach hardly moved from the same spot all night ala maclaren!! will be sad to see the likes of thuram makaele and henry no longer playing in major tournaments. Henry looked a shadow of his former self altho at times he seemed to be only one of a few who gave a toss. This tournament has been great so far, i didnt have much hope or feeling for it but it has been blinding so far what with the dutch and spanish finally showing how good they are, and the emergance of croatia as we knew to well are a real dark horse.once we get into the final stages i can only see it getting better and better. I fancey the dutch to be honest just because there football is so good to watch any young kids out there watching should be made to see what real total football is, croatia are the dark horses for me could easily see them sneaking in the back door altho to be honest they deserve everything they achieve from the tournament. As an englishman im gutted were not there, but remeber as a kid watching watching world cup 94 in the states without us and remeber watching more games than i would have done if we were there, remeber watching the likes of Gheorghe Hagi, Hristo Stoichkov and of course Carlos Valderama and now in 2008 i definatly have watched more in this tournament too.i just hope every english player who performed so badly in qualification are sat at home like the rest of us thinking, christ i wish i was there..

Comments

• Options
    Agreed re Toulalan, I thought the Italians had so much luck last night and yet they still couldn't score from open play! Luca Toni played like a big carthorse. I fancy the Spaniards to give them a right pasting in the quarters (cue 1-0 win to Italy...)
  • Options
    I think Tierry Henry has a lot to thank Arsne Venger for. Brought him to this country as a relatively unknown player, made him into probably the best striker in the world a couple of seasons ago. Moved away from Arsenal and look at him now, very ordinary!
  • Options
    LUCA TONI - How he has scored so many in the bundesliga I'll never know - what an absolute garbage player.

As for Toulalon good good player

As for the eyties luck on their side like it was 2 years ago - can see them doing it again.
  • Options
    3 bad games doesn't make you a garbage player. His goalscoring record in the past few seasons is incredible.
  • Options
    Maybe the defences in Germany are shite.

If Luca Toni and that Mario Gomez were the top scorers in the Bundesliga, then what else could it be. That double miss by Mario Gomez, the other day was worse than Ronny Rozenthal's for Liverpool against Villa.

The Dutch look far and away the best team, but the best team doesn't always win these things. Spain look weak defensively, The Italians are poor up front and will miss Pirlo and Gattuso in the next round.

I think Croatia have every chance, but suspect that Portugal might just steal it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]LUCA TONI - How he has scored so many in the bundesliga I'll never know - what an absolute garbage player.

Agree entirely Ledge - I can never undersand how he's done so well in Germany.

I saw him play twice for Fiorentina - he reminded me sooooo much of Steve Jones in his playing style and goes down quicker than Drogba.
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]LUCA TONI - How he has scored so many in the bundesliga I'll never know - what an absolute garbage player.

As for Toulalon good good player

As for the eyties luck on their side like it was 2 years ago - can see them doing it again.
    Yep. German defences renowned for being shite. Just like Italian defences (97 goals in 191 games in his final four seasons in Italy)

And kudos to you on the 'eyeties' comment. Nice bit of thinly veiled jingoism there.

With you on Toulalan though - looks very good on the ball, and managed to make all those around him in the French midfield look very ordinary. Reminded me a bit of Owen hargreaves.
  • Options
    Ive got luca toni and Mirsolav klose in my euro dream team neither have scored yet so hopping they come good in the later stages. the comentry on the game was awful again last night, highlight for me was motty nearly having a heart attack when the french had a throw in, i have never heard someone get so exited over a throw in, as much as motty is alegen surly to god this has to be his last major tournament.
  • Options
    Luca Toni plays alongside Klose and Ribery and others - but he is being played upfront on his own and is used as the target man for Italy, whereas for Bayern Munich he feeds off the chances others create.

I'm not sure what's uyp with Gomez though, for Stuttgart he scores plenty of goals, seemingly he isn't on the same wavelength as Klose who's created several good chances for him. Most were surprised that he started up front ahead of either Podolski (who played wide left) or Kuryani.