Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Tough times ahead

Football has had in terms of crowds a boom time over the past 10 years,I was just wondering what peoples views are on the prospect of a recession and the effect it may/could have on crowds.I for one have only just started to notice the effect fuel is having on my pocket,and from a business point of view will be interested how the next few months go.If junior clubs can't attract sponsor's to buy their kits it will have a massive knock on effect to me.On the same basis if people stop coming through the turnstyles if could hurt clubs big time.

Comments

• Its a real interesting point. The next season is likely to be the first tightening of household expenditure since the popularisation of modern football kicked in.

As an aside, the amount of people travelling to games in their own car fell 9% last season, and i would expect that to fall by quite a bit this year.
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Its a real interesting point. The next season is likely to be the first tightening of household expenditure since the popularisation of modern football kicked in.

As an aside, the amount of people travelling to games in their own car fell 9% last season, and i would expect that to fall by quite a bit this year.

I would say more than a fair bit, I drive most of the time due to my boy going and I have free parking at the Lib club, what with current fuel rates and expected hike in duty again in October I think I will let the train take the strain, not convenient but belt will have to be pulled in.
  • Belt already being tightened my end

Girls dance in Comps all over the South East and Central England, and the fuel rises are killing, along with there training 4 times a week we are looking to cut down on Comps and maybe give up one night of training.

Also noticed it with my monthly shop spent around £20.00 more than the average month and got knowere near what i normally get.

Wont be leaving so early on a match day save money on a least one round LOL unless i get Ginge to pay