Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Tiger Woods

Comments

• Has been offered and accepted a Vice-Captaincy role along with Steve Stricker by Jim Furyk for this years Ryder Cup in Paris. Who's to say he won't be playing in the 2020 renewal?
  • Riviera said:

He's just completed his first round at a PGA event in a year. A highly satisfying level-par 72 Farmers Insurance Open at Torrey Pines, he missed the cut at this tournament last year. He won his last major on this course in 2008.

Played there last year off the whites so well over 7000 yards. It's a beast of a course and not that picturesque. Unless you can smack drives consistently over 300yards with accuracy it becomes difficult to enjoy. All raised greens surrounded by huge bunkers so big, high approaches required, miss the fairway and it's thick clingy rough, not much 1st cut. To top all that it's a municipal course and has that feel.

I paid for my Californian mate and me so, after club hire, it set me back over $500.

Take it off your bucket list fellow golfers!

Nice! I used to live just up the road in Solana Beach and would drive by it whenever I went to my doctor in La Jolla. It's an absolutely beautiful part of the world. Never played it myself, haven't played in years, but family lore says that my brother shot a 73 there in high school.
  • Riviera said:

Has been offered and accepted a Vice-Captaincy role along with Steve Stricker by Jim Furyk for this years Ryder Cup in Paris. Who's to say he won't be playing in the 2020 renewal?

He has said that he wants to play in this Ryder Cup.
  • Riviera said:

Has been offered and accepted a Vice-Captaincy role along with Steve Stricker by Jim Furyk for this years Ryder Cup in Paris. Who's to say he won't be playing in the 2020 renewal?

So have I and we both have the same chance....
  • I'm going to the Friday and Saturday of the Ryder cup this year, really hope makes the team tbh, just makes the event that much bigger
  • edited February 2018

I'm going to the Friday and Saturday of the Ryder cup this year, really hope makes the team tbh, just makes the event that much bigger

Wow! Fantastic. On my "Bucket list"
    Edit- No it's not, sorry I was thinking of The Masters for some reason!
    I love the Ryder Cup but not keen on the crowds these days.
  • Riviera said:

Riviera said:

I always knew you were deluded but you've excelled yourself here.
  • Riviera said:

Riviera said:

I always knew you were deluded but you've excelled yourself here.
    Just putting things into perspective.
  • Riviera said:

He's got a fairway to go to be considered for selection
  • Riviera said:

He's got a fairway to go to be considered for selection
    Which hole would that be on?
  • Sponsored links:

• Just ironic that after all the amazing things Tiger did on the golf course that people will remember him being trapped in his crashed car cowering whilst the gorgeous Elin Nordin smashed the shit out of it with his #3 wood having found out about his rampant womanizing.

Pretty staggering really, he was married to one of the most beautiful women in the world and yet he was porking waitresses from Hooters that looked rougher than some old tart you'd find in the kebab shop at Bexleyheath at two o'clock on a Saturday morning.
  • Just ironic that after all the amazing things Tiger did on the golf course that people will remember him being trapped in his crashed car cowering whilst the gorgeous Elin Nordin smashed the shit out of it with his #3 wood having found out about his rampant womanizing.

Pretty staggering really, he was married to one of the most beautiful women in the world and yet he was porking waitresses from Hooters that looked rougher than some old tart you'd find in the kebab shop at Bexleyheath at two o'clock on a Saturday morning.

You may have some fillet steak at home but it doesn't always stop you from having a hamburger on the way...
  • Riviera said:

Just ironic that after all the amazing things Tiger did on the golf course that people will remember him being trapped in his crashed car cowering whilst the gorgeous Elin Nordin smashed the shit out of it with his #3 wood having found out about his rampant womanizing.

You may have some fillet steak at home but it doesn't always stop you from having a hamburger on the way...
    If he'd kept to only one hamburger he might have been all right!
  • Currently playing very well in Florida. Early days on day 2 but he is leading and looking hot. Proper field too, all the big names there.
  • Riviera said:

Riviera said:

Riviera said:

Currently playing very well in Florida. Early days on day 2 but he is leading and looking hot. Proper field too, all the big names there.

• Woods is doing well - hope it continues.
  • Lot more interesting than watching "paint dry" Speith however good he is
  • BR3red said:

Lot more interesting than watching "paint dry" Speith however good he is

If Woods does manage to resurrect his career after all the disasters that would be an amazing achievement. Seemed nailed on to beat the Majors record of Nicklaus at one stage.
  • He's one off the lead going in to the final round.
  • Riviera said:

He's one off the lead going in to the final round.

Hope he has a good last round-be nice to see him properly competing at the Masters.
  • Sponsored links:

• Riviera said:

He's one off the lead going in to the final round.

Hope he has a good last round-be nice to see him properly competing at the Masters.
    He's 12/1, only Johnson and Spieth are shorter!
  • Thought there would be fireworks from the leaders back 9- wasn't to be yet...

Reed looking good at mo
  • Reed needs to birdie 18

Or paul is back in play..
  • Hang on Tiger!
  • Bagged a 44 footer to go within 1!
  • What a putt was thinking his putting was a bit off today. Play off casey/reed?
  • edited March 2018
    What a putt.
  • Reed may have blew this

Has to chip in

Woods birdie on 18th???
  • Reed should have chipped first time lol. Can woods bring a playoff? Would be incredible