Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tiger Woods

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Garcia, what the fuck?

#tincup
  • Options
    You go for the middle of the green, 2 putt and move onto the 18th where you hope you can birdie. Silly Sergio! Woods looked the best I've seen him, tee to green in a long time, he shaved the hole on numerous occassions!
  • Options
    Tiger, like or loath, the best golfer ever ...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I think he's awesome, but Jack Nicklaus was a bit special too
  • Options
    Sergio is full of praise for him:

Speaking after the third round, Garcia said of Woods: "He's not my favourite guy to play with. He's not the nicest guy on Tour. So it will good for both us not to play together again.

"We don't like each other. It doesn't take a rocket engineer to figure that out. He is who he is. I am who I am. It's best we're not playing together again."
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Sergio is full of praise for him:

Speaking after the third round, Garcia said of Woods: "He's not my favourite guy to play with. He's not the nicest guy on Tour. So it will good for both us not to play together again.

"We don't like each other. It doesn't take a rocket engineer to figure that out. He is who he is. I am who I am. It's best we're not playing together again."

He comes over as a arrogant bloke tbh , and very much up his own. Maybe thats one of the reasons why he has a crap Ryder Cup record, because no-one likes playing with him?
  • Options
    Woods might be an arsehole, but you have to admire his comeback from personal (self inflicted) problems and from injuries, that takes some doing.

Like all the best sportsmen and women he has an extraordinary drive and self belief that drive him onwards when others would give in.
  • Options

Woods might be an arsehole, but you have to admire his comeback from personal (self inflicted) problems and from injuries, that takes some doing.

Like all the best sportsmen and women he has an extraordinary drive and self belief that drive him onwards when others would give in.

Totally agree.
  • Options
    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/golf-devil-ball-golf/according-marshals-tpc-sawgrass-tiger-woods-never-asked-015005268.html#more-id

Sports Illustrated's Michael Bamberger talked to the marshals involved and, well, Tiger's story doesn't exactly check out.

Gary Anderson, one of the marshals in the group, told SI, "He didn’t ask us nothing, and we didn’t say nothing. We’re told not to talk to the players.”

That might be fairly condemning, but listen to what Anderson's boss said of Tiger after the round.

From the Sports Illustrated report ...

Anderson’s boss, John North, was the chief marshal for the first three holes. He stood over Woods’s ball to protect it from the throng and was five feet away when Woods played his shot. North has worked the tournament as a volunteer marshal for 30 years, he’s a graduate of the Naval Academy, he served in Vietnam, he’s a FedEx pilot and he donates his round on the Stadium course for being a volunteer to the Wounded Warriors project.

“Nothing was said to us and we certainly said nothing to him,” North said. “I was disappointed to hear him make those remarks. We’re there to help the players and enhance the experience of the fans. He was saying what was good for him. It lacked character.”

So basically, Tiger flat out lied. That's not arrogance, that's being an utter dickhead.
  • Options

Riviera said:

Arsehole of a human being. Don't care how good a golfer he is - he's a prick. Hope he fucks his knee again.

Of course, forgot you knew him personally.......
    You don't need to know him personally. Every single interaction he has with people, every time you watch him on the course, the background of all the shit with the various women being treated like dirt. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck - it's a duck.
    It could be a goose doing a good impression
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The Woods/Garcia spat took a new twist tonight.....

So Woods and Garcia don't like each other and never have. As far as I can see it's Sergio who seems to have the problem.
    At the recent Players Championship Garcia, who had been drawn to pay with Woods accused him of gamesmanship by taking a club out of his bag which indicated that he was going to attempt a difficult shot and the crowd reacted as they do over there with gasps and whoops, this all happened as Garcia was taking a shot on the other side of the fairway and he says he was put off his shot. Anyway Tiger won the tournament and Garcia completely choked on the signature 17th hole. Garcia made a big thing in press conferences about the incident and how much they disliked each other and how Woods was a liar.
    Then this week before the BMW at Wentworth at the players dinner he made some joke in a speech that they should make up and he'd have Tiger round for dinner, for Fried Chicken he said. This was a Fuzzy Zoeller moment, he'd said the same about Woods wanting Fried Chicken at the Masters dinner the year after Tiger first won it. Fried chicken is the stereotypical stable diet of the poor black communities in the USA and is considered an insult.
    Garcia, and Zoeller incidentally, apologised for the remark. Tiger said he was upset but it was hoped we'd move on. But tonight we had the chief of the European Tour, George O'Grady sticking up for Sergio by saying that the Spaniard has "lots of coloured friends"!
  • Options
    Woods withdraws from The Masters, big shame. No major is the same without him there.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    I think this is a new low for Woods. Last week he was chipping like me on his way to a career high 82, yesterday he withdrew after 11 holes citing problems with his glutes. If he's even having trouble with his glutes then his body must be utterly screwed after the years of stress put on it. This could easily be another Masters missed.
  • Options
    Watched some of it on Sky last night, quite painful to watch.

• Options
    edited February 2015
    Hes sadly never going to be the player he once was,far too many injuries
  • Options
    you could tell just by the way he was bending down when taking the ball out of hole he wasn't fully fit.
  • Options
    Saw an interview with him a couple of weeks ago and he was saying he's hitting the ball well again and it's flying off the tee.
  • Options
    Saw it last night. So sad to see a legend reduced to playing like me on an off day. Needs to adapt his game to protect his body. Whether he can be competitive that way remains to be seen
  • Options
    Not a bad career!
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Shot a 64 today, his lowest round for two years. Currently 22/1 for The Masters, get on board I'd say.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He could go into the week-end leading this comp.
  • Options
    Has registered to play the US Open.
  • Options
    Very sad if this does turn out to be true, but not surprising...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/41422577
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Very sad if this does turn out to be true, but not surprising...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/41422577

Very sad to read this, would have been to see Tiger in his prime against the crop of youngsters around at the moment. Even if he does come back you can't help but feel he would be a shadow of the golfer he once was.
  • Options
    Disappointed he never got to beat the record of Nicklaus. Hope he gets his head together...
  • Options
    his father kept him going, kept him on the straight and narrow and exerted serious discipline even when he was a grown man .. after his dad's death, Tiger found 'freedom' with all the inherent potential problems that entails ..

a sad end to a glorious career .. but he's not the first to go that way and he will not be the last
  • Options
    He's just completed his first round at a PGA event in a year. A highly satisfying level-par 72 Farmers Insurance Open at Torrey Pines, he missed the cut at this tournament last year. He won his last major on this course in 2008.
  • Options
    Thoroughly enjoyed watching that. Think he enjoyed it too. Seems far more relaxed and despite what some may think of him, for me he is possibly the greatest ever and I'm so pleased to see him back
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:

Thoroughly enjoyed watching that. Think he enjoyed it too. Seems far more relaxed and despite what some may think of him, for me he is possibly the greatest ever and I'm so pleased to see him back

Think Nicklaus was a better player and Palmer did more to raise the game's profile. If Woods is able to come back and compete it would be an amazing achievement - the game needs him.

• Options
    Riviera said:

He's just completed his first round at a PGA event in a year. A highly satisfying level-par 72 Farmers Insurance Open at Torrey Pines, he missed the cut at this tournament last year. He won his last major on this course in 2008.

Played there last year off the whites so well over 7000 yards. It's a beast of a course and not that picturesque. Unless you can smack drives consistently over 300yards with accuracy it becomes difficult to enjoy. All raised greens surrounded by huge bunkers so big, high approaches required, miss the fairway and it's thick clingy rough, not much 1st cut. To top all that it's a municipal course and has that feel.

I paid for my Californian mate and me so, after club hire, it set me back over $500.

Take it off your bucket list fellow golfers!