Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Valley Flags update

edited November 2006 in General Charlton
Now Ben said it, I might as well let you know, the first 6 banners are now in production at Icon Design, and should be ready to be installed in the North Upper next Thursday by Icon.

LoOkOut very own design is one of the ones currently being produced, and will live as one of two directly behind the goal.

More info should be appearing in the next few days on cafc.co.uk

Comments

• Rothko, you are a genius, (and anyone else who deserves credit ie henry, lookie, the club and anyone else who helped contribute. Rothko said on the tour of the valley that they are nearing an answer as to when and if this is gonna come off! I was well pleased then, and i am even more pleased now.

Well done all involved, cant wait to see em.
  • good work rothko!
  • congratulations!!

well done am looking forward to seeing them!
  • well done to all involved, can't wait to see them.

very important think is to learn from past mistakes and make sure they are treated correctly.
  • what designs were choosen in the end?
  • Dan, can you host a pic for me? If so I'll send over the final artwork this afternoon, and people can see what going up
  • Good work

One question though, where exactly are they going up?
  • [cite]Posted By: carlingaddick[/cite]what designs were choosen in the end?

OK, they are;

Live by the Sword
    Wembley Goal times
    Walsh first goal time and date
    Many Miles
    My Only Desire
    C'Mon you Addicks
  • [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]Good work

One question though, where exactly are they going up?

Along the back of the North Upper, where at present there is clear plastic
  • So we'll be able to see them from the North Upper..... I wasnt sure if they were going on the lip between the North lower and upper....
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]So we'll be able to see them from the North Upper..... I wasnt sure if they were going on the lip between the North lower and upper....

Would love them on the lip, but two big sponsorship deals mean we can't for now.

If you turn round and look behind you, you'll see em.
  • Good work all those involved!!
  • Are there plans to put them elsewhere too?

What about Flags?

:D
  • The big flags will be coming in the new year, waiting on designs
  • [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]So we'll be able to see them from the North Upper..... I wasnt sure if they were going on the lip between the North lower and upper....

Would love them on the lip, but two big sponsorship deals mean we can't for now.

If you turn round and look behind you, you'll see em.

Cool - looking forward to seeing them
  • Here's what they'll look like:

Charlton-FC-Banners-6x1.jpg
  • Cheers mate, better then my shambolic attempt to post them up!
  • How exciting...
  • Can while we here, just say a big thanks to Ben for the work he's done behind the scenes at the club on this
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2006
    Where's the one I did with "ALL TRUE FANS ARE @ WWW.CHARLTONLIFE.COM FACT"?
  • On a t-shirt hehe
  • Fantastic! Ill be able to see them my first game back is against Everton........
  • Noticed that Dowie's red n white army has been deleted ;o)

Well done Rothko and all involved.
  • edited November 2006
    hehe, lucky I ignored Mr Hayes on that one
  • Fantastic!
  • Glad people like em, and as their going to be a permanent fixture in the North Upper, is a good thing, the first batch will be there for a while, and they'll be a chance to change them next season.
  • Don't want this to become too much self regarding nonsense but well done Rothko on chasing down the designs, the printers, the press office, the club, the installers, etc, etc.

Raised another £180 (about half a banner) last night at the Les and Robbo Q&A and may even have found a short cut to a bank account in the Oak afterwards. Now the first are up I hope donations for the big overhead flags and more banners will really step up.

I was all for a "Seed, Lawrence, Curbs, Dowie" banner but Rothko kept saying "no, too early". What does he know that we don't? Have you ever seen Peter Varney and Rothko in the same room?
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Don't want this to become too much self regarding nonsense

Or, to quote Mr Wolf in Pulp Fiction, "Let's not all start sucking each other's d*cks just yet..."