Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mouse Rescue

edited June 2008 in Not Sports Related
Well it is Wednesday, so far this week my very lovely cat Percy has brought in 3 mice, all alive. He has no concept of hunting just to play with, and once he is in the house he seems to loose interest and abandons them running around!! All rescued and in one piece thanks to my hubbie whilst i revert to being a sterotypical screaming girly. Anyone else have this problem??

At present he is lying flat out asleep at the top of the stairs, so the mice in Blackheath can sleep soundly at least for tonight, however tomorrow is another day.....

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2008
    Yeps. Got two cats - both of them awesome hunters. Both very different though - one does the traditional cat thing - brings them in dead and drops them in the middle of the floor as a 'present', the other is a sadistic little sod and brings them in alive, plays with them, growls like a m*****f***** if you go anywhere near him then rips them to pieces and devours 'em. Git - I have to sponge up whats left at least four times a week. The 'killer cat' has so far had mice, rats, sparrows, magpies, pigeons and squirrels - and I've caught him chasing foxes down the garden before as well - most territorial cat I've ever had - and he had his nads chopped off at six months so Christ knows where he gets it from. I once came home from work at 11 o'clock at night to find he'd somehow dragged a wood pigeon in through the cat flap, dismbowelled it and defeathered it into the bargain. it was like Freddie Krueger had thrown a nutnut in Homebase's bedding department
  • Options
    Ha Ha - Awesome Leroy

One of my previous cats "Mog" (inventive I know) once decided to leave a little present for me when i woke up - A headless rabbit is really not a pleasant surprise to wake up to in the morning.
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Mine have gone to pussycat heaven now but as two sisters from the same litter, they were like chalk and cheese. One struggled to catch anything that squawked or squeaked; frogs were her limit: the other was the cat equivalent of a sadistic mass murderer. Fortunately she left few body parts to greet us, she swallowed everything bar the odd gall bladder and a few feathers.

All of this reminds me of a Peanuts cartoon of Snoopy lying on his kennel roof with a thought bubble which went something like this:

"I'm glad I'm not a cat"

"I couldn't never eat a cold mouse on a foggy morning"
  • Options
    My nans ginger tom called Sandy was part moggie part Tiger. Used to hunt in the corn fields at the back of her bungaloo. Once it strolled into her kitchen when we (some of her many gran kids) were having breakfast and jumped up on the table. I thought it had a funny tash, it then dropped on the table a live grass snake ! never have so many kids moved so quick ! I swear that cat was laughing !! It then did the same with this large rat, memeroies of nan running round room with a broom above her head like the woman in Tom and Jerry.
    Next door has two cats. They often come into my garden and i "move" em on. The Only bird that i have seen them shy away from are the paraqueets they skreetch like f**k at the cats from a safe height and im sure the cats are thinkin"idont know what that is but i dont like it ".
    No house cat can compare with the "cats" in the cable tunnels at Deptford power station though. These were ferral -mostly hairless and boy u wouldnt want to get within 10 feet of them. As Leroy says they used to growl rather then make cat noises. They lived on the rats in the tunnels. I have known big f**k off guys who would not go into those tunnels because of those cats. I used to carry two torches and a very large broom handle , make loads of noise, throw stuff about and hope like hell they didnt have kittens because then they wouldnt back off !
  • Options
    I remember our cat smidge also now in pussycat heaven after an eventful 18 years of cat life once managed to catch a seagull in our back garden..when i say caught he was just laying on it until the bird had enough and started to take off.I think the seagull got a few feet off the ground before the cat let go,he had the hump for the rest of the day.
  • Options
    Mums old moggie called Kit a hero of mine. The house next door was once rented by one of the Mets Finest he was an absolute dick. He had this big f**k off dog used to bark like mad when we went into the garden. One day i noticed the cat walking up and down the line of the fence almost taunting the dog. The dog was going mental and stuck his nose right through fence, odear o dear that was exactly what the cat wanted ! wam it belted the dogs nose full claws out !! Dog yelps and runs off.Sometime later same sorta thing , but this time the dog isnt gona put its snout through the fence, its standing back. The cat turns round, arse in air and pees all over the hound from about 2 feet !! I should have done the same to the guy !!!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]Yeps. Got two cats - both of them awesome hunters. Both very different though - one does the traditional cat thing - brings them in dead and drops them in the middle of the floor as a 'present', the other is a sadistic little sod and brings them in alive, plays with them, growls like a m*****f***** if you go anywhere near him then rips them to pieces and devours 'em. Git - I have to sponge up whats left at least four times a week. The 'killer cat' has so far had mice, rats, sparrows, magpies, pigeons and squirrels - and I've caught him chasing foxes down the garden before as well - most territorial cat I've ever had - and he had his nads chopped off at six months so Christ knows where he gets it from. I once came home from work at 11 o'clock at night to find he'd somehow dragged a wood pigeon in through the cat flap, dismbowelled it and defeathered it into the bargain. it was like Freddie Krueger had thrown a nutnut in Homebase's bedding department

I had that once with a wood pigeon, massive thing so God knows how he got it through the cat flap, feathers everywhere. Have two female rescue cats now but no cat flap. When they want to come in they knock.
  • Options
    Our cats have got bells - but still manage the odd catch.
    Cats are a scourge on birds.
  • Options
    There are things you can do re cats and birds in the garden. Put feeders up high enough that cats cant bushwack. make sure there are no close bushwacking places.
    Ground feeder tables , a cage can be brought which fits over the table little birds get in cats and larger birds cant.
  • Options
    My sister got this sweet kitten called spike, she then went on holiday and left spike with me to look after for two weeks. I'm not a great fan of cats but love play fighting with kittens. After two weeks "training" sweet spike became fighter spike, terrorising local cats, bird life and dogs. My comeuppance came when spike chased my yelping border collie down the road one day!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We've always had cats, they must really love us beacause over the years they've brought home all sorts of presents for us: mice, birds, toads, frogs, a guinea pig, goldfish, koi and a headless baby adder. Worst mess of all was a slow-worm that they butchered in our kitchen; we came home to a scene reminiscent of the Somme, you wouldn't believe how much blood there is in one of them things. Most disgusting though was an old kebab wrapper with traces of onion and chile sauce that one of them lovingly dragged through the catflap and left for us. How could anyone say they prefer dogs? No mutt would every give you presents like that.