Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Help with a dead lawn

DA9DA9
edited June 2008 in Not Sports Related
Right, all you gardening experts, sprayed some weeds a couple of weeks ago on the front lawn, resolve, now some of the grass around the original weeds (which have died succesfully) has turned brown/dead, so it has obviously affected the grass as well.
Two weeks ago I bought some seed & feed stuff, threw the new seed over the dead/brown patches as instructed (no planting or tilling required according to the box) and then the chemical stuff that came with it that allegedly promoted growth. Loads of rain and a couple of weeks later, nothing, still dead patches, so my question is, does anyone know of a wonder product that would revive the dead grass or help progress the now newish seed or is it to late and new turfs required?

Cheers in advance

Comments

• Options
    Never trust them "only weed killers" mate. Grass is a weed so how can it not kill it ? have an area of lawn/grass which is dead myself so brought some seed. When you read the directions sounds as much work as geting turf ! so not sure wht next step it.
    If it is a small area you can give it a small dig over (not deep) then put some compost and seed it. You will have to also protect the seed as the birds will take the seed in seconds .
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Can't you dig a square out and replace.

failing tht buy some green gloss paint
  • Options
    to new at this gardening malarky to help but good luck and let us know how you fixed it and if anything similar happens you will be the feast of knowledge
  • Options
    If you're passing by The Valley any time soon, why not pop in and have a word with Paddy?
    Not as daft as it sounds.