Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ferrie Bodde

edited June 2008 in Rumours
Skysports.com understands that Swansea star Ferrie Bodde has lodged a transfer request.

The Dutch midfielder played a huge role in Swansea's League One title win last term and the Swans had hoped he would stay put for their Championship campaign.

However, following a rejected bid from Derby and now interest from even some Premier League clubs - Bodde has taken the decision to file a request to leave.

Swansea rejected Derby's bid out of hand - declaring the offer 'laughable' but now a host of clubs are ready to do battle for the talented 26-year-old.

Along with Derby, it is believed, Wolves, Charlton, Wigan, Middlesbrough and Sunderland are all considering making a move.

Swansea boss Roberto Martinez has warned potential suitors it will be difficult to prise Boddie away from the club and has slapped a £2million transfer fee on the player.

"Ferrie has got two years on his contract and we are not a club who have to sell players because we have no debt," Martinez told the South Wales Evening Post.

"Ferrie has been fantastic for us and, when you look at the values of others and the prices being paid in the Championship, I'd say he is worth a minimum of £2million.

"Unless someone comes in with an offer that is above our valuation, there's no way we will sell him because he is one of our jewels."

never heard of him

Comments

• Surely even we could come up with a song for a fella with a name like that??
  • if you want my bodde and you think i'm sexy....

i'll get my coat
  • how does the "ill get me coat" 1 go ?
  • Ferrie 'cross the Valley...
  • Only seen him play once on the box for Swansea and thought he was the best player on the park. Someone did start a thread about Swanseas fat winger Robinson so whatever game that was on the box then.

Don't say much though, best player in a league one team and 2 mill is a ridiculous amount to suggest, Zheng must be worth 9 mill if that is the case
  • Boro, Sunderland and Wigan also interested so he must be good....
  • surprised if we get him. Is it me but I don't think we are that attractive club. I reckon he would choose Wolves over us, not to mention the prem clubs