Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

First push bike?

edited November 2006 in General Charlton
Thought Id copy the first car theme and ask what your 1st bike was? Not tricycle etc. Proper bike!!

Had a Comanche (one down from a Chopper) and then a Puch BMX that I took the back brakes & mud guards off off cos I thought it would make me go faster! Was a great idea until I was going down a hill and needed to brake quickly and then went straight over the handle bars

Comments

• Options
    My first was a 10 speed townsend mountain bike in yellow! I was a late bike developer at about 10!
  • Options
    black and silver raleigh burner.

still in me dad's garage, should've sold it to some twat in hoxton for half his monthly wage.
  • Options
    Mountain bikes werent even about when I was 10.

BMXs.. Proper old skool
  • Options
    GRIFTER - The daddy of all bikes
  • Options
    I aways hated those bmx things, i was 10 in 1990 so i think the mountain was around then! Well the ones aimed at kids!
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    1990? Fuk that makes me feel ancient! I was doing my A Levels in 1990..........
  • Options
    Three speed chopper.
  • Options
    blimey dood, i thought we were about the same age, give or take 3 ish years! aint you 30?
  • Options
    I use to ride a butchers bike for a butchers shop in Eltham! and do the deliveries when i was a kid!but the guy who run the shop asked me to make a decision!Go Ipswich away in cup or get the sack!So i chucked a chicken at him and went Ipswich away!
  • Options
    BMX for me....

Remember those foam wrap round things they had on the handlebars?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: 04_MCS[/cite]blimey dood, i thought we were about the same age, give or take 3 ish years! aint you 30?

Me? If only...
  • Options
    "Ta-Tavern! Fer-fetch yer cloth!"

Mine was a blue and gold BMX, Raliegh me thinks. Then a Mongoose.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LoOkOuT[/cite]"Ta-Tavern! Fer-fetch yer cloth!"

Mine was a blue and gold BMX, Raliegh me thinks. Then a Mongoose.
    Nice one!to make it worse he was a Millwallie fan that ran the shop!And was jealous we were doing better than them!as usual!
  • Options
    the only bike i ever had was a chopper,and even that was a hand-me-down.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PeakeysRocket[/cite]the only bike i ever had was a chopper,and even that was a hand-me-down.
    Use to always get stuck in third gear!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: 04_MCS[/cite]blimey dood, i thought we were about the same age, give or take 3 ish years! aint you 30?

33 mate..... I know. The years have been kind....
  • Options
    First bike was some kids thing from the old Toy shop (Phillips?) in Dartford. A fantastic old shop sold all sort of stuff.

I used to have a cut down version of a chopper (can't remember the name but it was the same style but smaller and no gears). This thing had a front brake that was a death trap, pull it too hard and you were over the handlebars shortly followed by the back of the back.
  • Options
    tomahawk?
  • Options
    Yeh it went Chopper, then mid size was a Comanche and then Tomahawk
  • Options
    "Yeh it went Chopper, then mid size was a Comanche and then Tomahawk "

Dan - Wasn't there a "Chipper" in there somewhere? Or am I making it up?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not too sure mate to be honest

Was that the one for 5 yr olds over 6ft? ;-)
  • Options
    a bmx of some kind..
    then i had a diamond back which was the dogs danglies of bikes at the time
  • Options
    After his Cinquecento revelation, I bet 04_MCS had a lovely bike, complete with shopping basket on the front......
  • Options
    Chipper - Tomahawk - Comanche - Chopper. Don't know where a Grifter fitted in. Early raleigh BMX maybe?
    Them Choppers getting stuck in between 2nd and 3rd gears had a major contribution to the fall in child births in the 90's.
  • Options
    Same as Arfur, a Bright Red Grifter, better than the BMX's you get now no doubt.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]After his Cinquecento revelation, I bet 04_MCS had a lovely bike, complete with shopping basket on the front......

Oi your pushin ya luck son! ;-)
  • Options
    red and white BMX After Burner, must of covered miles in it every day riding round the estate !!

Curb It was after a bike, and was asking in the pub last week if anyone has got a big chopper hidden away anywhere ?

:-)

*i'll get my coat*
  • Options
    Striker then Grifter. Always dead jealous of my cousin's Chopper (so to speak) which always used to go faster than my Grifter. Nothing to do with the lump of lard riding it of course...
  • Options
    Was she after a big gear stick between her.......

"TO THE TREES!"
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    [cite]Posted By: 04_MCS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]After his Cinquecento revelation, I bet 04_MCS had a lovely bike, complete with shopping basket on the front......

Oi your pushin ya luck son! ;-)

I've even managed to find a pic of your first ever bike:

Complete with shopping basket...