Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2011
    Deborah Meaden
    Louis Spence- he is like shit in a field these days- everywhere
    Jason Gardener
    Dancing on Ice- utter crap
    ITV Sport
    Heart Radio
    Adele the singer
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Macronate[/cite]The Dragons in the Den introducing themselves..'Hello, I'm Peter' or 'Hello I'm Deborah'.

If the entrepreneurs don't know the names of the people they're pitching to then they've got no hope.
    They're being polite!

Things that annoy me: People with no manners!
  • Options
    American t.v, American films, American accents, American football & America. Also the acronym KMT.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: happyvalley[/cite]American t.v, American films, American accents, American football & America. Also the acronym KMT.

You forgot Americans.
  • Options
    Clicking on the red X instead of the minimise/maximise button.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]Well I'll continue driving the way I have and was taught. Letting other drivers know what I'm doing rather than leaving it up to guesswork.
    Anyway it says "not normally" signal. It doesn't say NEVER signal does it? Common sense should tell you to.
    As you say, glad we've cleared that up.[/quote]

But it confuses everyone, if you signal right and go straight ahead its bloody dangerous. You do not signal right when you are going straight on, that is common sense!! Would you signal right but go straight ahead at a crossroads?
  • Options
    Sidcup roads being dug up - when will it end? I've lived in sidcup for about 7 years now and i'm sure every main road has been dug up and re laid 3 times in that 7 years.
  • Options
    Baseball. "That was an awsome catch in the outfield" Fuckin' ought to be with a glove the size of your head.

Had an argument about baseball once with a yank."It's the greatest sport in the world" I replied. "How come nobody else int he world plays it then?"
  • Options
    The cubans play it better
  • Options
    Passengers who leave rubbish in my car, very annoying and quite ignorant.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]Well I'll continue driving the way I have and was taught. Letting other drivers know what I'm doing rather than leaving it up to guesswork.
    Anyway it says "not normally" signal. It doesn't say NEVER signal does it? Common sense should tell you to.
    As you say, glad we've cleared that up.

So suppose I'm approaching a four way roundabout from the opposuite direction to you. I would not necessarily have to brake on my approach because you are not indicating as you cross the roundabout. However, because you insist on indicating right when you are going straight on, I have to stop, wasting time and fuel, until you then indicate left, by which time too late.

You dont indicate right to show you're not turning left normally, so why do it on a roundabout. Whoever taught you was a spacker, and I will continue to mouth obscentities at anyone who causes me to stop for no good reason because they are letting me know what they are doing. Gah!

Nothing personal but it really should be obvious that if you dont signal you're going straight across.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: siblers[/cite]Passengers who leave rubbish in my car, very annoying and quite ignorant.

Agreed I don't like driving a wheelie bin courtesy of other people either!

Trouble is the worst culprits are my wife and daughters!
  • Options
    In my car collection/delivery days you could always spot the lease car: full to the brim with old crisp packets, drink cans, sandwich wrappers, fag packets etc. Though I'm sure that wouldn't apply to anyone on here!
  • Options
    The one about people voicing their innane thoughts and making noises like huffing and breathing heavily for the benefit of others - Good one!!

Those who litter cars, work places etc... Tell them you would hate to think what their house looks like. That normally shames them!!
  • Options
    Charlton Atheltic Football Club!! :P
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: IdleHans[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]Well I'll continue driving the way I have and was taught. Letting other drivers know what I'm doing rather than leaving it up to guesswork.
    As you say, glad we've cleared that up.

So suppose I'm approaching a four way roundabout from the opposuite direction to you. I would not necessarily have to brake on my approach because you are not indicating as you cross the roundabout. However, because you insist on indicating right when you are going straight on, I have to stop, wasting time and fuel, until you then indicate left, by which time too late.

You dont indicate right to show you're not turning left normally, so why do it on a roundabout. Whoever taught you was a spacker, and I will continue to mouth obscentities at anyone who causes me to stop for no good reason because they are letting me know what they are doing. Gah!

Nothing personal but it really should be obvious that if youdontsignal you're going straight across.

You're all getting confused. I'm talking about proper roundabouts, on major roads. Not mini ones.

EG - The Yorkshire Grey Roundabout - Imagine you are approaching from Lee towards Eltham. You want the 2nd exit, or straight on if you like. If you don't signal right the the cars coming out of the first exit -A205 South Circular Westhorne Avenue pull out in front of you. Make your direction clear and they wait. Simple. No move on.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    People moaning about Americans all the time.
    Top Gear.
    Know it all types who think their take on something is always far more important and worthy than anyone else's.
    Top Gear.
    Carrots.
    People you know who support MK Dons (yes I know one!) Sending you gloating texts after the match when their Cardboard football club finally beats yours after 5 attempts and you have been dignified in victory on the previous 4 occasions.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: IdleHans[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]Well I'll continue driving the way I have and was taught. Letting other drivers know what I'm doing rather than leaving it up to guesswork.
    As you say, glad we've cleared that up.[/quote]

Nothing personal but it really should be obvious that if you[u]dont[/u]signal you're going straight across.[/quote]

You're all getting confused. I'm talking about proper roundabouts, on major roads. Not mini ones.

EG - The Yorkshire Grey Roundabout - Imagine you are approaching from Lee towards Eltham. You want the 2nd exit, or straight on if you like. If you don't signal right the the cars coming out of the first exit -A205 South Circular Westhorne Avenue pull out in front of you. Make your direction clear and they wait. Simple. No move on.[/quote]

Utter bollocks. Look how many times, you do not indicate right when going straight on! It does not matter if the roundabout is in Eltham or Milton Keynes. Get over it and learn how to drive! I bet you've never had an accident but seen hundreds in your rear view mirror :o)
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Posted By: Greenie[/cite]

Utter bollocks. Look how many times, you do not indicate right when going straight on! It does not matter if the roundabout is in Eltham or Milton Keynes. Get over it and learn how to drive! I bet you've never had an accident but seen hundreds in your rear view mirror :o)

You do it your way, I'll do it mine. I give consideration to other drivers, you don't. You're probably 18 years old. You'll learn.
    You'll also learn that swearing doesn't make you sound clever.
    and I will continue to mouth obscentities at anyone who causes me to stop for no good reason because they are letting me know what they are doing. Gah!

Yeah, you continue doing that.

At a roundabout you give way to the right. Why would you be looking at what a car on the opposite siae of the roundabout is doing? On a major roundabout like YG, you wouldn't see me if I was on the opposite junction would you? So you need to know what the car coming from your right is doing. If he uses his indicators to tell you, then it stops you making an error. But don't you worry, you just keep on pulling out on other drivers and mouthing obscentities at them. Really clever.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    If going straight on at a roundabout, I indicate just before I take my desired turn off, indicating at the exit before your turn off is fairly dangerous.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]
    Posted By: Greenie

You do it your way, I'll do it mine. I give consideration to other drivers, you don't.

Even if they're in the bus lane at Shooters Hill traffic lights?

:-)
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I think you are confused too Len. My issue at SH/Well Hall Road is when I am in the suspended bus lane. If a bus lane is suspended then use it. That is the idea. Don't come up the outside and try and cut in when they are open.

I give no consideration to cheats. That's what the are on Well Hall Road/Shooters Hill -Cheats.

Driving REALLY isn't difficult.
    I won't let anyone push in, wherever. Bus stops, bars, the train station at WHL where I grabbed hold of some hoody who tried to jump the barrier while we were all queuing. Got the shock of his life as I dragged him back and sent him to the back of the queue. England v Netherlands 2001.
  • Options
    Milton Keynes

No idea what possessed me to walk from the coach station to the ground. It's a really really strange city, and very pedestrian unfriendly.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: siblers[/cite]If going straight on at a roundabout, I indicate just before I take my desired turn off, indicating at the exit before your turn off is fairly dangerous.

Depends which way you are indicating!!
  • Options
    When you're in a place with multiple lifts and you're in one, waiting to go, the door shuts and then some numbnut pushes the button and the doors open back up. They invarably only want to go up one floor. Just wait 60 seconds for the next one you selfish pricks.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite][quote]
    Posted By: Greenie

Utter bollocks. Look how many times, you do not indicate right when going straight on! It does not matter if the roundabout is in Eltham or Milton Keynes. Get over it and learn how to drive! I bet you've never had an accident but seen hundreds in your rear view mirror :o)[/quote]

You do it your way, I'll do it mine. I give consideration to other drivers, you don't. You're probably 18 years old. You'll learn.
    You'll also learn that swearing doesn't make you sound clever.

[quote]and I will continue to mouth obscentities at anyone who causes me to stop for no good reason because they are letting me know what they are doing. Gah![/quote]

Yeah, you continue doing that.

At a roundabout you give way to the right. Why would you be looking at what a car on the opposite siae of the roundabout is doing? On a major roundabout like YG, you wouldn't see me if I was on the opposite junction would you? So you need to know what the car coming from your right is doing. If he uses his indicators to tell you, then it stops you making an error. But don't you worry, you just keep on pulling out on other drivers and mouthing obscentities at them. Really clever.[/quote]

Thats right Chirpy, I'm 18, no wait a minute I'm 46, I passed my test when I was 17, oh yes and my motorbike test a year later, also did advanced driving courses on both. Swearing is sometimes very necessary especially when people will not admit they are wrong and it gets frustrating when they clearly do not understand a basic rule of the road wherby they could cause an accident to themselves or someone else. The roundabout thing is a particular bugbear of mine because a lot of people, it appears yourself included, do not have a clue. As for your I will continue to do it 'your way', its a good job we do not all take that tac, some people do not like the 30 MPH speed limit, lets hope they dont decide to go at 60mph cause they're doing it their way.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: siblers[/cite]If going straight on at a roundabout, I indicate just before I take my desired turn off, indicating at the exit before your turn off is fairly dangerous.[/quote]

Depends which way you are indicating!![/quote]

I give up!!
  • Options
    Chirpy Red: You are wrong, read the highway code that has been posted and you will realise that. Stop being ignorant and start indicating properly and therefore making life easier and safer for other motorists. There is no excuse for not understanding (or performing) the correction indication at roundabouts or any type of junciton.

Greenie: You are right.
  • Options
    Charlton Fans.
  • Options
    No I'm not.