Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Options
    cblock said:
    I think Lord Snooty of the Tory party is on to something when he talks about dropping the comma after the word and, and several phrases which are not to be used any more.

An electric cattle prod up the rusty bullet hole from me for those who continue to use the following phrases:

My bad
    Hollybobs
    Back in the day
    I don't want to sound racist/homophobic/mysogynistic, but.....
    Listen, I'm being truthful now.. (You're not the rest of time then).

Feel free to add.

anytime soon
    Staycation
    Mini moon
  • Options
    neighbours. 

they have a bathroom window that looks out on our garden. not a problem but they obviously have some real nasty smelling dumps as they are consistently opening it and leaving it open for hours on end (which is the main issue) 

now i know its not a major issue but they themselves piss me off whenever i have heard them (not on the loo) but when they're outside in their garden or when they are naturally just being loud. the conversations are usually dull and they're usually so happy. talking about tennis, dining out and other middle class ramblings which me being a negative anti social moaning git these conversations just wind me up. add to this their over spending on landscaping their garden which has taken about the same amount of time as the M20 roadworks and the over predictable fact that i have just found out they are palace fans, i am now on the verge of finally losing it, causing sufficient damage to those insufferable nigels for good. 
    I dont think its your neighbours.....its you. 90% of your rant about them is just normal living next door to people stuff. stuff. I open my bathroom window every morning after having a shower & dont shut it until evening. Perhaps you should go & live alone somewhere
  • Options
    In the pub. Racist Chelsea fan chundering on about golliwogs and using the n word
  • Options
    Channel 4

They have the main channel as well as more 4, E4 and All 4 online but seem to want to show tons of repeats of American sit coms despite having tons of old stuff they could be showing like Scully, Prospects, the Manageress etc. 

I’m currently sat in bed watching every episode of Scully, takes me right back 
  • Options
    Amazon packaging 
  • Options
    Americanisms

Pundits talking about football and saying 'Offence' instead of ATTACK, is one example
  • Options
    Gorilla glue. 

I didn't know you have to dampen one surface with a fine mist of water before gluing the other surface - what a palarver.  I'm going back to Locktite. 
  • Options
    Going in the NU bogs for a line and someones taking a shit. 
  • Options
    I think Lord Snooty of the Tory party is on to something when he talks about dropping the comma after the word and, and several phrases which are not to be used any more.

An electric cattle prod up the rusty bullet hole from me for those who continue to use the following phrases:

My bad
    Hollybobs
    Back in the day
    I don't want to sound racist/homophobic/mysogynistic, but.....
    Listen, I'm being truthful now.. (You're not the rest of time then).

Feel free to add.

You can add Nom Nom to that list.
    Whatever happened to yum yum or yummy
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Greg Wallace's manchild act on inside the factory
  • Options
    My partner using menopause as an excuse to not put her her beer on a coaster unless it overlaps it.

• Options
    Greg Wallace's manchild act on inside the factory
    Recording it but not yet seen it. Has he done his "cor blimey just a salt of the earth millwall fan greengrocer outta peckham done good guv" speech yet? Seems to be a mandatory feature of his tv appearances. 

Is he wearing a baker boy cap n'all the loveable rogue?

• Options
    Perhaps he should have ended with a rendition of 'no one like me, I don't care'.
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Perhaps he should have ended with a rendition of 'no one like me, I don't care'.
    Everyone loves a cheeky chappie barrow boy from the East end innit guvnor?
  • Options
    They were in a Mattress factory, it went something like:

WOWWWWW i've neva seen so many mattresses in one place, blimey!

'ow many springs in em?  ONE THAAASAND AND FIFTY FOUR?  GORD BLIMEY!

Then proceeds to bounce up and down on one, WAHAAAY....

COCK
    I note the program has changed tack from food to other stuff now. 

Had a random thought about what they could do next whilst listening to Wallace's excitement during the manufacture of wax jackets. 

What about, 'Inside the sex toy factory?' 

'WAHAAY'
    'SO YOU'RE TELLING ME THAT THAT WAS JUST MOLTON RUBBER 30 MINUTES AGO?'
    'CAN I HAVE A GO ON THAT?'
    'WHOO WHOO' 
    'CANT WAIT TO TRY THE FINISHED PRODUCT' ...Etc.

(I quite like the program tbf.)

• Options
    The apparently all one word 'inanywayshapeorform'
  • Options
    buckshee said:
    Channel 4

They have the main channel as well as more 4, E4 and All 4 online but seem to want to show tons of repeats of American sit coms despite having tons of old stuff they could be showing like Scully, Prospects, the Manageress etc. 

I’m currently sat in bed watching every episode of Scully, takes me right back 
    Got Prospects on DVD recently, absolutely fantastic. Scully is top drawer too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Every single piece of my footwear squeaking on the floor while on hols.

Even took my trainers and sockies off last night and my feet were squeaking on the floor ffs.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Gorilla glue. 

I didn't know you have to dampen one surface with a fine mist of water before gluing the other surface - what a palarver.  I'm going back to Locktite. 
    What about T-Rex 🦖 tape, you can only pull it apart by 6 inches, with their small arms.
  • Options
    Macronate said:
    Every single piece of my footwear squeaking on the floor while on hols.

Even took my trainers and sockies off last night and my feet were squeaking on the floor ffs.
    Try suede hush puppy loafers available at Clarkes, mention my name for a 25% discount. ;)

• Options
    Whilst going swimming with my girls on holiday is one of life's true pleasures and nothing I'd swap for the world, repeated armband seam strikes across the nipples most certainly belong on this page. 
  • Options
    The A2 again.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    The A2 again.
    Troubles on it today or the absolute fun of it last night

Either trying to get on it or dealing with the fact they put it down to one lane from Pepperhill to the Cobham junction last night!!

Absolute shambles!!
  • Options
    UPS - Do all the hard work getting a parcel from Donnington to my local village, 5 miles up the frog, OVERNIGHT, and the div in the van taking it 35 odd miles back to the depot because he couldn't find the address, no phone call nothing.