Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2019
    Stig said:
    In the old days when the internet was young, smaller and not dominated by corporates, you could Google practically any word and one of the first things you'd see would be a dictionary definition. This would be followed by other interesting and useful information about the subject. In those days a simple internet search was (or at least, could be) an education. Nowadays, no matter how obscure your chosen word, the returned search will almost certainly be the name of some company, product or brand. Searching the internet is no longer educational, it's just unwanted window shopping.
    Try define: word. 
    Cheers Canters, I always go for the more downmarket 'meaning' myself. Does the trick if it's a definition I want, but does nothing to replace the spontaneous learning that's been lost through corporatisation.
  • Options
    The complete fuckwit contestants who can't answer the easiest questions ever on Tipping Point.  You wonder how they even get dressed in the morning and live
  • Options
    Bargain hunt 

So called experts convince members of the public to buy a load of old toot.  Then,  when it goes to auction, it always makes a loss. The team that have lost the least is then declared the winner & everyone celebrates like they've just won the world cup. 

Awful show!
    TV license fee probably paying for all that old toot aswell!
  • Options
    Bargain hunt 

So called experts convince members of the public to buy a load of old toot.  Then,  when it goes to auction, it always makes a loss. The team that have lost the least is then declared the winner & everyone celebrates like they've just won the world cup. 

Awful show!
    Have to agree. It seems the object of the show is to be the team that loses the least amount of money........OUR money. We fund this programme. 
  • Options
    I’m sitting on Capobino beach near Marbella, lovely day, a few cold beers, chilled out, bloody lovely......UNTIL..... the beach bar DJ fires up the PA and starts playing a load of old moronic DOF DOF DOF noises masquerading as music, while trying to sound hip and cool! Why? If I want to hear such shit I’ll go to a club. It’s a beach FFS.
    What was amusing was the amount of people who reached for their earphones as soon is this insult to music started playing records to us! Toss rag!

• Options
    Bargain hunt 

Awful show!
    Have to agree. It seems the object of the show is to be the team that loses the least amount of money........OUR money. We fund this programme. 
    And buying retail to sell at auction?

Item priced at £10
    Knock the stall holder down to £8
    Sell at auction for £10 if they're lucky
  • Options
    The complete fuckwit contestants who can't answer the easiest questions ever on Tipping Point.  You wonder how they even get dressed in the morning and live
    Like practically everything else on ITV it is specifically designed to make thick people feel better about their lives as they can laugh at even thicker people. Best avoided if at all possible.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Just to confirm

It's Konsa, Harriott and Bielik

Not Konsah, Harriet and Beilik

I hate you all that keep misspelling our player names, whether they be past or present.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    That Dazzler21 is a right annoying melon.
    You are right there Dizzler21  :)
  • Options
    Paul Ince on the radio. Not only is he totally devoid of insight, his distion is abysmal - he doesnt even pronounce the first 'n' in Man United, clearly his very favourite phrase.
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    Paul Ince on the radio. Not only is he totally devoid of insight, his distion is abysmal - he doesnt even pronounce the first 'n' in Man United, clearly his very favourite phrase.
    *diction
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    *diction
    FFS
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    IdleHans said:
    *diction
    FFS
    That's easy for you to say
  • Options
    Lyall Taylor.

It's Lyle, FFS.
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    Lyall Taylor.

It's Lyle, FFS.
    Never seen it spelt the first way ever. Must be just you.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Getting up at 03.30 to exercise my dogs only for all of them to as good as say, you can feck off have you seen the time. Then not being able to to return to sleep myself. 😩🐕
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    Getting up at 03.30 to exercise my dogs only for all of them to as good as say, you can feck off have you seen the time. Then not being able to to return to sleep myself. 😩🐕

That's ruff mate
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    Must be barking
  • Options
    When reading a book it really annoys me when an asterisk or number appears somewhere in the sentence or paragraph.

Which means I either ignore it but wonder if I’ve missed something intrinsic or I spend my whole time continually looking them up in the appendix and so continually losing my concentration on what’s being read!

The current book I’m reading is littered with them!😾
  • Options
    That there's currently a thread facilitating CL's military strategists, Middle East historians and the many apparent members of the diplomatic core ongoing on the main site. But if you want to discuss the floppy haired, lying, twonk about to be announced as the man to sort it out you're shuffled off to the backwaters of the site where you're not even allowed to quote each other.

I'm so furious might even ask for my money back... 

:-p
  • Options
    As I couldn’t find the “general things you find pretty fucking minging” thread, it’s going on here.

people taking their tops off on busy train journeys, can barely move on my train tonight and you have people pressed up against top less sweaty fuckers.
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    Must be barking
    I'm gonna have to paws for thought on that one.
  • Options
    As I couldn’t find the “general things you find pretty fucking minging” thread, it’s going on here.

people taking their tops off on busy train journeys, can barely move on my train tonight and you have people pressed up against top less sweaty fuckers.
    Any of them birds?
  • Options
    The new low calorie Cadbury bar has 30% less sugar, but is 22% smaller.  Needless to say the price remains the same.   
  • Options

Why men in general find it necessary to take their tops of when the temperature rises above 21*C.
    You see them here on Sunday mornings wandering around the market! Quite puts me off my aperitif!