Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Options
    when you've been standing on the train and someone seated gets up and pushes past you to get off before you.  So they had a nice comfy seat AND they want to get off before.  I always block them

How would they know that you want to get off if you've been standing all the time?
  • Options
    Stig said:
    when you've been standing on the train and someone seated gets up and pushes past you to get off before you.  So they had a nice comfy seat AND they want to get off before.  I always block them

How would they know that you want to get off if you've been standing all the time?
    They should wait till the train stops and let the aisle clear 
  • Options
    Letting myself get 90 pages behind on the takeover thread. Starting to read it again, but not quickly enough and getting 98 pages behind. Wasting best part of two evenings wading through the backlog for very little return. Best thing worth reading about was AUN's wang flasher.

Still one day it will all be worth it, when the takeover is completed and having read the whole thread takes on the sort of kudos associated with having seen a 7-6 victory over Huddersfield. 
  • Options
    As far as I know you needn't be Paddy Hopkirk to shop in Asda, so why do so many drivers perform a dramatic rally turn to enter their car park in Bexleyheath?
    Don't ever go to Tesco's Woolwich car park then.  It is the wacky races down there.  

• Options
    Automatic hand dryers in pubs, restaurants etc. 

If it's not a Dyson airblade or something of similar quality, don't bother installing it as everyone still walks out with wet hands...

That's if they wash them.
    But very often there are three urinals, two basins and one hand dryer. Surely this assumes that only two thirds of people wash their hands, and only half of those bother drying them.
  • Options
    The Orwellian use of the word 'progress' to justify the decline and deterioration in standards of so many aspects of life.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That's a proper world weary post Len, I feel you pain. 
  • Options
    Bourbons and so-called 'Nice' biscuits tainting the decent biscuits in the barrel with their overbearing flavours. 
  • Options
    Stig said:
    Bourbons and so-called 'Nice' biscuits tainting the decent biscuits in the barrel with their overbearing flavours. 
    Ginger nuts are the worst offenders.
  • Options
    Restaurants that charge 12.5% service charge - which you only realise when you get the bill.  No matter how good it was - I ain't coming back
  • Options
    Tyres
  • Options
    Tyres
    Anything in particular? I wouldn't be without them.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Not a general thing but the new Ketchup advert with Ed Sheeran is annoying when he TAPS THE SIDE OF THE CHUFFING BOTTLE like a fish flapping away trying to get back in the water and ketchup should go everywhere except on the plate ( digitally modified to show ketchup landing on the plate of course ). He can play 4 or 5 different instruments at once but can’t get sauce out of a bottle.
  • Options
    Radio X these days. Almost guaranteed to hear Catfish and the bottlemen or Sam fender within 5 minutes if you tune in. 
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Radio X these days. Almost guaranteed to hear Catfish and the bottlemen or Sam fender within 5 minutes if you tune in. 
    Both make me happy
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Carter said:
    Talal said:
    Both make me happy
    Not saying either are bad but the repetition is tiresome. Tend to listen to Absolute more now as a result where they have the no repeat guarantee. 
  • Options
    42 degrees today and rising tomorrow. Definitely not built for this, roll on Autumn 
  • Options
    42 degrees today and rising tomorrow. Definitely not built for this, roll on Autumn 
    I'm jealous. I don't think our combined temps for the year would be much over 42.
  • Options
    Honestly, there's no escaping it mate. I'm making new shutters for our place so the sun's beating down through the windows all day.
  • Options
    Honestly, there's no escaping it mate. I'm making new shutters for our place so the sun's beating down through the windows all day.
    We all feel for you Rob, honest.
  • Options
    The Aloe Vera pile gel has melted and the last usable bit out the bottom just slipped  off my finger and onto the floor ffs roll on Autumn 
    The last useable bit of your bottom? There's piles and there's piles! 
  • Options
    McBobbin said:
    The Aloe Vera pile gel has melted and the last usable bit out the bottom just slipped  off my finger and onto the floor ffs roll on Autumn 
    The last useable bit of your bottom? There's piles and there's piles! 
    Bottoms aren't usable in anyway when the farmers have struck
  • Options
    Circle line trains. Twice today (there & back) I waited for almost 10 mins for a circle line train where 2 district line & 3 metropolitan line ones came & went. Ffs !!  I used to think the underground was the envy of the world. Not any more.