Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• What with these sports bras and wearing socks above their knees, what are these players turning into?
  • edited August 2018

"cultural appropriation"

This is my biggest gear grinder at the moment.

There's a video of a young woman verbally attacking a young lad Corey Goldstein for his dreadlocks.

Dreadlocks somehow fit her view of cultural appropriation.

Though they have been worn by the black community throughout history, they were regular features of nations worldwide since the dawn of man. Celts had them, Nordic Vikings were known to have had them. Before these I can almost guarantee cave men had them as they could not brush or wash their hair.

Cultural Appropriation is first and foremost a sign of respect. That's it.
  • People that call the Notting hill carnival just “carnival” like it’s the only one
  • buckshee said:

People that call the Notting hill carnival just “carnival” like it’s the only one

One of the organisers was on telly yesterday commenting on the amount of crime at NHC, saying that less than 300 were arrested last year and that more people get arrested at football matches, so its not a problem.
    What games does he go to?
  • Greenie said:

buckshee said:

People that call the Notting hill carnival just “carnival” like it’s the only one

One of the organisers was on telly yesterday commenting on the amount of crime at NHC, saying that less than 300 were arrested last year and that more people get arrested at football matches, so its not a problem.
    Millwall.
  • Dazzler21 said:

"cultural appropriation"

This is my biggest gear grinder at the moment.

There's a video of a young woman verbally attacking a young lad Corey Goldstein for his dreadlocks.

Dreadlocks somehow fit her view of cultural appropriation.

Though they have been worn by the black community throughout history, they were regular features of nations worldwide since the dawn of man. Celts had them, Nordic Vikings were known to have had them. Before these I can almost guarantee cave men had them as they could not brush or wash their hair.

Cultural Appropriation is first and foremost a sign of respect. That's it.
    White people with dreadlocks deserve all the abuse they get.

Why would you want them? they're dirty.
    I'd have them given the choice. It save me a fortune in holiday hats.
  • People who take a trolley to a self checkout till. Ditto for people who take booze to a self checkout knowing it'll need to be checked by a cashier anyway.
  • Sponsored links:

• Greenie said:

buckshee said:

Just one of those made up figures that get trotted out, unchallenged.

If there was a fixture that ended in that many arrests and physical injuries, it'd be made to be played behind closed doors every season in a heartbeat imo
  • Croydon said:

People who take a trolley to a self checkout till. Ditto for people who take booze to a self checkout knowing it'll need to be checked by a cashier anyway.

Sorry if I annoy you, but I sometimes get my shopping in a small trolley, as at gone 70, I find carrying heavy objects like 4 bottles of milk (4 pints each), very heavy to carry along with other things. I do not get much, probably about £30 worth of food, so when paying, if the queues are long then I go to a self-service checkout for quickness. I can normally check my items out as quick as people with baskets, but if I annoy you so much, I will join the long queues in future....NOT :smiley:
  • ross1 said:

Croydon said:

People who take a trolley to a self checkout till. Ditto for people who take booze to a self checkout knowing it'll need to be checked by a cashier anyway.

Sorry if I annoy you, but I sometimes get my shopping in a small trolley, as at gone 70, I find carrying heavy objects like 4 bottles of milk (4 pints each), very heavy to carry along with other things. I do not get much, probably about £30 worth of food, so when paying, if the queues are long then I go to a self-service checkout for quickness. I can normally check my items out as quick as people with baskets, but if I annoy you so much, I will join the long queues in future....NOT :smiley:
    For feck sake dont tell em what your wearing while doing this @Ross theres no way back from that. ;)
  • bbob said:

ross1 said:

Croydon said:

Are you bathing in the milk or do you run an independent yoghurt factory from your spare room ?
    It is a weeks supply of milk, cereal for breakfast and many cups of tea, plus my wife cooks with it, how much do you use in a week?
  • ross1 said:

bbob said:

ross1 said:

Croydon said:

Are you bathing in the milk or do you run an independent yoghurt factory from your spare room ?
    It is a weeks supply of milk, cereal for breakfast and many cups of tea, plus my wife cooks with it, how much do you use in a week?
    Couple of pints, 3 in a milky week!
  • ross1 said:

Croydon said:

What's the rush Ross? :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2018
    Annoys me every year yet couldnt understand why at 7:30am over half the cars on the road this morning had their headlights on

I know its not as light in the morning now as it is in June and July but seriously?
  • edited August 2018
    ross1 said:

ross1 said:

Croydon said:

I have to get back to my computer to see if the takeover has happened :smiley:
    Can get CL on your phone if you want Ross. ;)
  • ross1 said:

ross1 said:

Croydon said:

I have to get back to my computer to see if the takeover has happened :smiley:
    Can get CL on your phone if you want Ross. ;)
    And I thought you were a friend :smiley:
  • ross1 said:

Croydon said:

You carry on Ross, you've sussed the exception to the rule already. Wisdom with your age and all that, though I had you in your 30s for some reason!

• edited August 2018

Annoys me every year yet couldnt understand why at 7:30am over half the cars on the road this morning had their headlights on

I know its not as light in the morning now as it is in June and July but seriously?

because 90%ish of people have their lights set on auto so they come on when light levels are low. then there's the 10% of people who still control their lights manually driving around with them off when they should really be on
  • Croydon said:

ross1 said:

Croydon said:

You carry on Ross, you've sussed the exception to the rule already. Wisdom with your age and all that, though I had you in your 30s for some reason!

After supporting Charlton all my life I sometimes feel older than my age :smiley:
  • rina said:

because 90%ish of people have their lights set on auto so they come on when light levels are low. then there's the 10% of people who still control their lights manually driving around with them off when they should really be on
    At 7:30am in the Summer?

If you need your lights on this early in the year then you need to book an appointment with the opticians, fair enough if its raining etc. yet not when its just a bit cloudy
  • rina said:

At 7:30am in the Summer?

If you need your lights on this early in the year then you need to book an appointment with the opticians, fair enough if its raining etc. yet not when its just a bit cloudy
    Having headlights on all the time isn't something to get upset about. Fog lights when it isn't foggy yes, full beam yes. My van the headlights are always on as a supposed safety feature, I think it's meant to be a sensor but that must play it safe and has them on all the time and my car has the same so if I go through a tunnel in the middle of the day they come on.