Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Options

MrLargo said:

Not getting tebkatest episode of "MrLargo in/on America" yet today.

Bit of a slow news day for you sadists I'm afraid. She's only bought two bandanas since my last report and we have now moved from Playa del Carmen to a picturesque town called Bacalar that doesn't have many shops. Having said that, from what I've seen so far, if the only shop in town was an ironmongers then she would be in there negotiating the purchase of something completely unnecessary. "Oh my gaad, those self-tapping tungsten tip screws are like sooooo cute".

We set off on the three hour drive down the coast yesterday morning and it was reasonably uneventful, except for her insistence on blaring music out at top volume - a mixture of Jewish prayers set to music, gangsta rap songs about busting a ho's pussy (not a cat) and some heavy bass stuff that seemed like a soundtrack for injecting heroine. I felt like a dad ferrying his unruly daughter to the high school prom, which is a bit weird as she's a year older than me.

Yesterday evening she made the mistake of starting a conversation with some English people in a bar. I saw my opportunity to engineer this situation into a good old British piss up. I could feel the disgust in her eyes as we made our way through pretty much every tequila and mezcal on the list. I felt like a man again. Mind you, she's getting her revenge this morning - it's 11am, I'm hungover and she's already blasting out some dope beats at top volume. Every time someone walks past our balcony, I feel a sense of shame that she doesn't seem capable of recognising that we're in a tranquil, scenic town and she's the only person in at least a 15 mile radius who's shattering the peace with ditties about "the bitch is beggin' for my dick".

Anyway, 75 hours from now I'll be on my way to the airport. Never before have I craved a 10 hour flight so desperately.
    I would piss myself if she gets your phone and finds these posts!
    I've changed my pin three times this week to avoid that risk. However, I also dallied with the idea of screenshotting these posts and Whatsapping them to her to explain my mysterious disappearance, before I accepted that I'm a coward and settled down to another day of meekly following her around handbag shops.
  • Options
    Just caught up on this thread & the tales of @MrLargo . This can't be real. I'm pissing myself with laughter here!
  • Options
    I mean, people starting sentences with 'I mean'.
    I mean, why would you do that?
  • Options
    Fitness fads, or rather people that go on about them

Talking to people at work I’m always loathed to hear what the latest pile of bollocks they have signed up for because a PR agency has got said fad a double page spread in the evening standard and they’ve bought into it

Some stuff is okay but I can’t stand these people wanking on about the new way to exercise or telling me it’s really good and I should try it.

I’m okay for handing over £30 a session for some boot camp just because it’s got a bit of branding behind it

Why don’t you just go on a proper run or cycle or swim and stop seeking attention
  • Options
    Pissing cars!!!

Last August the Crankshaft Sensor went and buggered up (£200)... My Wife had her MOT in September and needed a new Anti-Roll Bar to pass (£150), knew that I needed a new tyre and headlight ahead of my MOT this year so got that done early, didnt really mind because they're the usual things that you'd expect the car to fail on.

Nope!!... Last week my car had its MOT - its own Anti-Roll Bar failed!! (£200) - Drove into work this morning and have felt my clutch start to go so its £650 that I'm now going to have to fork out to get that replaced!!
  • Options

Pissing cars!!!

Last August the Crankshaft Sensor went and buggered up (£200)... My Wife had her MOT in September and needed a new Anti-Roll Bar to pass (£150), knew that I needed a new tyre and headlight ahead of my MOT this year so got that done early, didnt really mind because they're the usual things that you'd expect the car to fail on.

Nope!!... Last week my car had its MOT - its own Anti-Roll Bar failed!! (£200) - Drove into work this morning and have felt my clutch start to go so its £650 that I'm now going to have to fork out to get that replaced!!

I would imagine it's the bushes in the anti roll bar that have gone rather than the bar itself.

They're a piece of piss to change.
  • Options

Pissing cars!!!

I would imagine it's the bushes in the anti roll bar that have gone rather than the bar itself.

Yeah sorry for my car it was just the bushes in the anti-roll bar that went rather than the whole thing

Just bloody irritating the amount of cash our cars are eating at the moment
  • Options

Pissing cars!!!

Yeah sorry for my car it was just the bushes in the anti-roll bar that went rather than the whole thing

Yeah, they can be money pits mate. The problem with most modern cars is that there's less and less you can actually do yourself on them anymore (although they are generally more reliable).

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Pissing cars!!!

Yeah, they can be money pits mate. The problem with most modern cars is that there's less and less you can actually do yourself on them anymore (although they are generally more reliable).

@DaveMehmet are you down here for this "Car show" next week? Don't know what its all about, but my ladies have had to move puppy training to the saturday and they aint happy. ;)
  • Options
    T_C_E said:

Pissing cars!!!

@DaveMehmet are you down here for this "Car show" next week? Don't know what its all about, but my ladies have had to move puppy training to the saturday and they aint happy. ;)
    Yes mate, I'll be there. You going?
  • Options

T_C_E said:

Pissing cars!!!

I may wander up for a beer in the club. ;)
  • Options
    T_C_E said:

T_C_E said:

Pissing cars!!!

I may wander up for a beer in the club. ;)
    OK mate, give me a shout when you get there. I'll be there fairly early as they like to have all the show cars in place before the general public arrive.
  • Options
    so, everyting is good apart from everyting she says & everything she does.
  • Options
    Don’t worry mate, you’ll soon be back on south eastern. Whilst you’ve been away new 2020 timetable has come in as well
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrLargo said:

Yeah, perhaps the sarcasm didn't come across that well on my previous post. It's 3 rashers of hate, 2 Cumberland hateages, poached hates, bubble & hate, a couple of slices of hate pudding, hate beans, grilled tomhatos and, because I'm trying to be healthy, a nice slice of hatefruit.

Hatey, hatey, hate.
    I am sensing an inner anger...
  • Options

MrLargo said:

Yeah, perhaps the sarcasm didn't come across that well on my previous post. It's 3 rashers of hate, 2 Cumberland hateages, poached hates, bubble & hate, a couple of slices of hate pudding, hate beans, grilled tomhatos and, because I'm trying to be healthy, a nice slice of hatefruit.

Hatey, hatey, hate.
    I am sensing an inner anger...
    I think it's love
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

Very quick holiday update, as some of you seem to be taking an interest in it.

Last couple of days have actually been really nice, and now that she's away from the shopping environment we've got on pretty well and I'm enjoying her company. Appreciate this probably isn't what some of you were hoping to hear but I have warmed to her a fair bit. To be honest, the only thing that stops it from being the perfect romantic getaway is that every time she speaks and every time I look at her, I have red hot hatred pulsing through my veins like boiling oil.

Anyway, she's nearly finished having her henna tattoo done, and I urgently need another strong drink. My next update will hopefully be a closure report when I'm flying home on Saturday.

I'm keeping myself sane by constantly singing that "Bertie Mee said to Bill Shankly" chant. I love you Charlton, I love you England.

This saga deserves it's own thread admin @i_b_b_o_r_g
  • Options
    Dance crazes. Don't care what age you are, 8 or 80, sort your fuckin life out
  • Options
    Ambiguous snakes and ladders boards
  • Options
    Stig said:

Dance crazes. Don't care what age you are, 8 or 80, sort your fuckin life out

Sorry I only came her because I thought it was Charleston Life.
    Well now you can Foxtrot Oscar.
    (I'm only here because I thought it was cha cha charlton life)
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

Ambiguous snakes and ladders boards

You have to explain.
  • Options
    I’m gonna make a guess here, what if the tail or head is not exactly on one square but just creeps into an adjacent one?