Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Riviera said:

RedPanda said:

Checking in for 2 Ryanair flights with a friend. Both times we've been kept apart and Ryanair have noted 'you have been split up, we can assist if you click here (just have your credit card handy)'. Scamming, unethical scum bags.

Riviera said:

Anyone who uses Ryanair gets what they deserve.

September 2017

Not every airport has an alternative to the destination you need to go to. But I know what you are getting at Chirps, you pays yer money...
    Use another airport then.
  • Riviera said:

Riviera said:

RedPanda said:

Checking in for 2 Ryanair flights with a friend. Both times we've been kept apart and Ryanair have noted 'you have been split up, we can assist if you click here (just have your credit card handy)'. Scamming, unethical scum bags.

Riviera said:

September 2017

Not every airport has an alternative to the destination you need to go to. But I know what you are getting at Chirps, you pays yer money...
    Good idea, drive an extra 100 miles to save a tenner.
  • Isnt something that annoys me... More left disappointed and deflated

As most know I moved roles internally yet staying @ the Orpington Office - Since the beginning of December I've been in the London Office training (Something I've really enjoyed doing) yet over the last few weeks there's been the potential for me to be based permanently from London if wages can be agreed.

Found out today that I will be returning to Orpington in just over a week and feel really deflated now, not just because I've really enjoyed working back up here in the City, yet also because I know SouthEastern are about to mess up big time
  • Isnt something that annoys me... More left disappointed and deflated

As most know I moved roles internally yet staying @ the Orpington Office - Since the beginning of December I've been in the London Office training (Something I've really enjoyed doing) yet over the last few weeks there's been the potential for me to be based permanently from London if wages can be agreed.

Found out today that I will be returning to Orpington in just over a week and feel really deflated now, not just because I've really enjoyed working back up here in the City, yet also because I know SouthEastern are about to mess up big time

just keep rocking up at the city office everyday mate.
  • edited February 2018
    Greenie said:

Riviera said:

Riviera said:

RedPanda said:

Riviera said:

September 2017

Not quite, Chirps is suggesting you actually driving an extra 100 miles to spend a tenner more, so you can sit together... Oh and possibly having to fly on another day if it's not peak season.

Easy Jet seem to have adopted the same policy BTW, so you may have to drive 200 miles.
  • Greenie said:

Riviera said:

Riviera said:

RedPanda said:

Riviera said:

September 2017

Not quite, Chirps is suggesting you actually driving an extra 100 miles to spend a tenner more, so you can sit together... Oh and possibly having to fly on another day if it's not peak season.

Easy Jet seem to have adopted the same policy BTW, so you may have to drive 200 miles.
    who the fuck were the proclaimers flying with?
  • Greenie said:

Riviera said:

Riviera said:

RedPanda said:

Riviera said:

September 2017

SweatyJet.
  • Greenie said:

Riviera said:

Riviera said:

RedPanda said:

Riviera said:

September 2017

Well it would depend where they were going wouldn't it, silly... :lol:
  • Sponsored links:

• Flicking through my phone book to find @DaveMehmet ‘s number to text him. Standing there for 30 seconds swiping my finger up and down all of my contacts beginging with D, but unable to locate him, and getting frustrated whilst doing so......suddenly it occurred to me his name isnt Dave.

Has suddenly occurred to us that you cant spell beginning ;)
  • Work colleagues who talk and talk, turning what should be a quick 5 minute chat into an hour long conversation about absolutely nothing. I just made the mistake of popping into someone to tell them something on my way out and didn’t get away for half an hour. How can people not see how much of your precious time they’re wasting with such inane drivel??
  • edited February 2018

Flicking through my phone book to find @DaveMehmet ‘s number to text him. Standing there for 30 seconds swiping my finger up and down all of my contacts beginging with D, but unable to locate him, and getting frustrated whilst doing so......suddenly it occurred to me his name isnt Dave.

Stop altering my posts please.
  • Bottle banks.

Surely it'd make more sense to intermix the green brown and clear glass bins so you could stand in one place and dispose of all your glass in one go.

Instead they put all the green ones together, all the clear ones together and all the brown ones together meaning you have to go back and forth between each area.

This isn't rocket science, surely?
  • Flicking through my phone book to find @DaveMehmet ‘s number to text him. Standing there for 30 seconds swiping my finger up and down all of my contacts beginging with D, but unable to locate him, and getting frustrated whilst doing so......suddenly it occurred to me his name isnt Dave.

Why did you have to edit your post @ 6pm, minutes before you replied to me ;)
  • Unboxing videos.
  • I’ve realised I’ve started to miss words when I’m writing sentences now. It’s starting to really wind me up. I’m questioning whether it’s some sort of early sign of something like dementia that could affect me in later life, or the more plausible thing, the age of the smart phone. Sentences and words get finished for us with predictive text, and I wonder if it’s making my brain a little lazier and this is how it’s manifesting itself
  • edited February 2018
    cabbles said:

I’ve realised I’ve started to miss words when I’m writing sentences now. It’s starting to really wind me up. I’m questioning whether it’s some sort of early sign of something like dementia that could affect me in later life, or the more plausible thing, the age of the smart phone. Sentences and words get finished for us with predictive text, and I wonder if it’s making my brain a little lazier and this is how it’s manifesting itself

You should probably doctor.

(Jokes aside, I find myself doing it in emails all the time, mate.)
  • Closed threads that keep "popping" open. ; )
  • Recruiter Spam.

1. Most of it is drivel; I don't do permanent work so none of them are applicable, but even if I did - it's clear these assholes don't bother to look at profiles before engaging in the "send" button.

2. The amount of times they dont even proofread/pre-populate their shitty templates, so you get emails entitled "Hey [first_name!]".

3. I've just seen one that lists legal obligations (i.e (a) eye-care, and (b) contributory pension) as "benefits". If that's not a warning sign then I'm not sure what is.
  • Sponsored links:

• Buying a ticket to London then getting a ton of pop-up ads for round trip tickets at half the price I just paid.
  • That won't stop it. On the buses the bus stopping sign lights up when pressed but it doesn't stop everyone else getting off at the stop from pressing the button too.

That's another thing that annoys me.

Why did you have to edit your post @ 6pm, minutes before you replied to me ;)
    Alright Sherlock, you can have that one.
  • turning cafc twitter notifications on and reaching for the phone every time only to be greeted by;

"which one of our players is a massive austin powers fan"

an hour later

"yeah baby "
  • Email subscriptions when you unsubscribe yet still continue receive emails from that company because they've sneakily put you on an endless amount of mailing lists.

Just feck off!!
  • Bus wankers.