Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Greenie said:

Beardy tossers, putting Xmas decs and fairy lights in their beards, just crazy.............. grade A bells.....!

Awesome idea, off to the shops this afternoon.
  • bbob said:

Greenie said:

Beardy tossers, putting Xmas decs and fairy lights in their beards, just crazy.............. grade A bells.....!

Awesome idea, off to the shops this afternoon.
    This could be a progression for the Vagazzle.
  • bbob said:

Greenie said:

I'm hoping they put a xmas candle in there & then light it..........

• https://www.google.fr/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/books/2017/sep/30/robert-macfarlane-lost-words-children-nature
    iainment said:

LenGlover said:

The bloke from the Salvation Army who shook a tin (or maybe a bucket) at me and said “no donation for Christmas, Sir” as I passed by without donating. I carried on and didn’t make a scene, but nonetheless felt angry. I’ll decide which charities I give money to, thank you very much. I am not being shamed by a grinning idiot.

There was a Salvation Army bloke at Clacket Lane services a few weeks back. I was desperate for a 'comfort break' so ignored him on my way in. However on the way out I got my wallet out with a view to giving him a few quid as I don't mind the cause myself.

However he said ' we don't take cash sir I NEED you to set up a direct debit.' I politely told him that I don't set up direct debits and it was the cash I was prepared to offer then or nothing.

He wasn't happy and another charity has been crossed off my list for being too choosy as to how they do things.

It's my money and I decide how or if I give it! They obviously don't need it enough if they are able to implicitly criticise my financial arrangements.
    I work in Clapton and there's an 'artisan' bakery nearby. I was working yesterday and for the first time popped in and got a cardomon bun as I was starved. The bun was £2.20 which offended me but even worse was the notice on the counter. From 3 Jan they're no longer taking cash. FFS shops beginning to go away from cash.
    And the bun wasn't nice.
    Possibly the one I see on ITV London news the other week. What happens if a local poor person has come by a fiver and wants a roll?
  • Down Clapton 5 years ago they would be more looking for a wrap.
  • These days they can probably convert their £5 into 0.00000001 of a bitcoin at no 1 chatswprth Road and then by the time they’ve walked to the artisan baker place it will be worth 7.50 and they can get a roll and half a small flat white with some bitcoin leftover as an inheritance for their kids.
  • edited December 2017
    Greenie said:

When explaining something, either in writing or verbally, anyone who puts the word 'Simples' at the end is guaranteed to be a dick, I have never met an exception to this valuable life rule.

I feel like I've either posted this on here, or strongly agreed with it on here before. But take a like, drives me up the wall.

Edit: Bonus twonk point if they make the little meerkat noise following the 'simples'
  • edited December 2017
    Been mentioned before but the TUI ads are doing my head in.

Not once have I been asked by the stewardess on the plane on the way to my holiday whether they can get me anything and I reply "Can you get me there any sooner?", have I then been immediately transported to my holiday destination.

Not once have I been on holiday where the reps have lifted me up and dropped me effortlessly into the swimming pool.

Not once have I been served dinner before the waiter then pirouettes away from the table.

Utter garbage.
  • People in cars that have window washers that spray straight over the roof of their own car onto the car behind. Bastards

OMG! That is really awful.
  • Macronate said:

Not once have I been asked by the stewardess on the plane on the way to my holiday whether they can get me anything and I reply "Can you get me there any sooner?", have I then been immediately transported to my holiday destination.

Not once have I been on holiday where the reps have lifted me up and dropped me effortlessly me into the swimming pool.

Not once have I been served dinner before the waiter pirouettes away from the table.

Utter garbage.

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm seeing their Idents all over the Simpsons at the moment and I want to throw the woman out of a plane. Her stupid expression as she meanders through all the stupid scenes the advertising agency have created. The way they've warped that 'ain't nobody song' (I was ambivalent to it previously, now I just hate it), to this middle England acceptable ditty.

Everything about it brings me out in a hive of anger and fury
  • Sponsored links:

• cabbles said:

Macronate said:

Not once have I been on holiday where the reps have lifted me up and dropped me effortlessly me into the swimming pool.

Not once have I been served dinner before the waiter pirouettes away from the table.

Utter garbage.

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm seeing their Idents all over the Simpsons at the moment and I want to throw the woman out of a plane. Her stupid expression as she meanders through all the stupid scenes the advertising agency have created. The way they've warped that 'ain't nobody song' (I was ambivalent to it previously, now I just hate it), to this middle England acceptable ditty.

Everything about it brings me out in a hive of anger and fury
    But Would Ya?
  • Mince pies. I'm hoping for ground up meat then feel disappointed.
  • The helmet on the train behind me talking for the whole 40 minute journey on the phone to his builder mate, chatting shit about ‘price per meter’ and ‘loadsa day work’ in his booming voice. Throwing the odd swear word in there every now and then. All the time while sipping on shit beer and burping his dirty breath all over everyone within a 10 seat radius. Wanker.

was he American ?
  • The helmet on the train behind me talking for the whole 40 minute journey on the phone to his builder mate, chatting shit about ‘price per meter’ and ‘loadsa day work’ in his booming voice. Throwing the odd swear word in there every now and then. All the time while sipping on shit beer and burping his dirty breath all over everyone within a 10 seat radius. Wanker.

Least it weren't one of those dirty foreigners eh mate

• scum in society.

Just heard that the 3 kids that were killed in the house fire yesterday died because someone climbed onto their roof & poured petrol down the chimney. How can anyone think of doing that - how much evil do you have in you to do that ??? A life sentence is too good for them - this is what the death penalty should be brought back for.
  • Carter said:

The helmet on the train behind me talking for the whole 40 minute journey on the phone to his builder mate, chatting shit about ‘price per meter’ and ‘loadsa day work’ in his booming voice. Throwing the odd swear word in there every now and then. All the time while sipping on shit beer and burping his dirty breath all over everyone within a 10 seat radius. Wanker.

Least it weren't one of those dirty foreigners eh mate

Tsk! Bexleyheath line no doubt.
  • Some City type wannabe on the train, earwigging my conversation. I'm gonna start burping and farting in a minute, nosey git. ;)
  • edited December 2017
    Everything being named after the Queen. I'm a little bit of a Royalist, wouldn't mind them carrying on with them being much trimmed down, Especially financially. However the still constant naming of new buildings, ships and outside toilets after them is now really pissing me off. Britain's new fancy big war ship, what great inspirational name can we give this? Ah fuck it we'll just name it HMS Queen Elizabeth 'cause they're surely can't be any other ships with a similar name. Must of taken months of high level meetings to come up with that one. Oh and we'll name her sister ship HMS Prince of Wales while we're at it, Genius.

was he American ?
    Hey!!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Tim Peake
  • Alexandra Armstrong's singing
  • TRICKY89 said:

The French. Last one I met pulled his car over and asked me for directions to Edinburgh. We were in Sutton-at-Hone ffs. Rifle dropping white flaggers all of them.

I assume you told them it was straight down the A2 until you can't go any further?

• Riviera said:

McBobbin said:

Alexandra Armstrong's singing

He's classically trained.

So what??? He's shite! As are Nick Knowles and Jason Mumford; other "celebs" who have recorded albums. I don't know what is worse by these nobodies, recording these records or writing children's books?
    I have heard of all three of them. Perhaps you should get out more Chirpy? How many of the books have you read incidentally?

Can't you give the stroppy old git act a rest for Yuletide mate? :wink: