Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Options
    T.C.E said:

johnny73 said:

BT.
    Our phone line and broadband went down on Friday afternoon. It's definitely external to our property as no signal is being received and we had no problems for the last year. All our hardware are BT products.

Gripe 1. Arranging an appointment for an engineer. Booked appointment 1 for Monday morning. This was cancelled and they left a message on my mobile. They asked us to text to arrange a convenient time to talk. Unfortunately the number they gave us to contact does not accept text messages. Tried calling but it was an automated message stating customer services would be in touch. They didn't get back to us.
    Booked appointment 2, for this morning, through website. Wife received a text message yesterday stating that someone would phone within 5 minutes. No one called. Wife waited in all morning today. No engineer arrived. I called customer services to arrange a third engineer appointment. All seemed to go well and I will be waiting tomorrow for them to arrive. Received an automated email confirming the appointment. The only issue is that the house address stated in email was an old address we moved out of 18 months ago! Not hopeful.

Gripe 2. If it turns out the fault is within the boundary of our property then we will be charged £125 for the engineer visit. Despite the fact all our products and installation were provided by BT!

Did you do the internal checks on the house wiring before calling them. We've just had the same problem with BT, by the way its £129. :(
    Yep followed the process. Our electrics were completely rewired just prior to getting BT installed over a year ago. Absolutely no issues in that time and nothing has been changed. We only have one line in, it's a simple set up in the house. I thing they disconnected us by accident. Guess we will find out tomorrow.
  • Options
    Have you turned it off and back on again?
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    People @ work leaving toilet cubicles in a state, i.e. Not flushing the loo after having a shit, toilet papet all over the place and piss on the seat. Seriously clean up after yourselves, this used to be done at Secondary School not when your older and at work!!
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Have you counted down 10 seconds?
  • Options
    Any customer services person who says all very sincerely that they'll 'call you back', and then don't.

You know 9 times out of 10 they won't do it. It's so annoying.
  • Options

Replacing GU10 light bulbs.

I don't know if it is me or just the light fitting in my kitchen but I can't seem to get them out without breaking them. Then I have to use pliers to get the base out and then struggle to get the new light bulb in.

They are fiddly feckers.

I have a little sucker type thing that I use to get them out (think like the sort of thing you get on the end of a kids bow n arrow set)
  • Options
    When someone phones you at home and says: "Oh, I didn't think you would be there".
  • Options
    bacterial vaginosis adverts on the tv.

• Options
    genuinely not knowing which thread to post my anti regime thoughts on today. So much hatred toward their incompetence and so many threads I could write on
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

bacterial vaginosis adverts on the tv.

Then the next ad comes on with the women grinding the hard skin off the bottoms of her plates and then tips the fuckin shavings in to the bin
  • Options
    "Flintoff, Savage and the ping pong guy."

Painfully artificial laddish banter for the simple.
  • Options

Sutton united making the fifth round of the FA Cup, playing out their skin and the side show is a fat goalie eating a pie.

All seemed a bit staged and cringe worthy
    'Banter' staged by The Sun has to feature highly. And anything put out to be deliberately viral on social media.
    I do get a strange satisfaction when I see a post on Facebook captioned "Let's make this go viral!!" and it clearly hasn't been shared many times.
  • Options
    johnny73 said:

T.C.E said:

johnny73 said:

BT.
    Our phone line and broadband went down on Friday afternoon. It's definitely external to our property as no signal is being received and we had no problems for the last year. All our hardware are BT products.

Gripe 1. Arranging an appointment for an engineer. Booked appointment 1 for Monday morning. This was cancelled and they left a message on my mobile. They asked us to text to arrange a convenient time to talk. Unfortunately the number they gave us to contact does not accept text messages. Tried calling but it was an automated message stating customer services would be in touch. They didn't get back to us.
    Booked appointment 2, for this morning, through website. Wife received a text message yesterday stating that someone would phone within 5 minutes. No one called. Wife waited in all morning today. No engineer arrived. I called customer services to arrange a third engineer appointment. All seemed to go well and I will be waiting tomorrow for them to arrive. Received an automated email confirming the appointment. The only issue is that the house address stated in email was an old address we moved out of 18 months ago! Not hopeful.

Gripe 2. If it turns out the fault is within the boundary of our property then we will be charged £125 for the engineer visit. Despite the fact all our products and installation were provided by BT!

Did you do the internal checks on the house wiring before calling them. We've just had the same problem with BT, by the way its £129. :(
    Yep followed the process. Our electrics were completely rewired just prior to getting BT installed over a year ago. Absolutely no issues in that time and nothing has been changed. We only have one line in, it's a simple set up in the house. I thing they disconnected us by accident. Guess we will find out tomorrow.
    Had a similar-ish thing a little while ago. Turned out my father in law had accidentally cut the wire outside the house when he was helping out with some gardening. No idea how.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    People who don't understand that at an assessment centre for a graduate scheme you are not directly competing. Why not spend 6 and a half hours making yourself look good rather than trying to make everyone else look bad and ruining the group exercise.

Fucking arsehole.
  • Options

johnny73 said:

T.C.E said:

johnny73 said:

BT.

Had a similar-ish thing a little while ago. Turned out my father in law had accidentally cut the wire outside the house when he was helping out with some gardening. No idea how.
    Turns out it was a problem at the local junction box (?) Which I would have thought should have been picked up in their online check. At least it's sorted now.

Which brings me onto another annoying issue connected with this.

Nice friendly customer service operators/ engineers etc (any representative of a large organisation).

So I am pissed off, shoddy service / website, and I want to have a rage and moan, but everyone I speak to is so bloody nice and friendly. I'm not going to take my anger out on them as they are just doing a job.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2017
    The way everyone in Greendale takes the piss out of Pat!
  • Options
    Whenever a member of the public on a political debate says 'politicians are completely out of touch with reality'

That may well be true but if ever there was an overused term.
  • Options
    Yes, yes, yes, YES, YES, YES!!! I have touched reality.
  • Options
    If, IF anyone gets internal telephony or connectivity issues look up 'data dan' on Facebook. A very good friend of mine and as opposed to handing Openreach some money to fix something inside your house that I could talk you through over the phone, Dan will take care of you for a very sensible price too.

Need a router or hub shifted, speak to Dan. Need a CCTV system installed that you can view on your smartphone. Chat to Dan
  • Options
    Sitting on a bollock.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Sitting on a bollock.

Anyone we know ?
  • Options
    Eueww. Feeling sick now.
  • Options
    Usually back the draw in the Premier League darts
    Forgot tonight, 3 of 4 matches drawn so far. Typical.
  • Options
    edited February 2017