Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Southampton sack Pearson

and replace him from someone from the Holland 78 squad, Jan Poortvliet, who has managed the following big names:

Eendracht Aalst
Brabantia
de Valk
Overpelt
Den Bosch
Telstar
Nuenen
Helmand Sports

Really think that club is falling apart.

Comments

• Brabantia - isn't that a kettle....
  • Soton fans are royally pissed off at this it seems.
  • AFKA are you sure that they are real clubs he managed ? or do u have a problem with spelling like me ?
  • Jan Poor - Headline writers' wet dream.
    [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]Brabantia - isn't that a kettle....

Good one, Centurion.
  • [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]AFKA are you sure that they are real clubs he managed ? or do u have a problem with spelling like me ?

lol, i think one's in the Kent Suburban, and two others are in the Eltham & District !!
  • Wasn't Pearson brought in to keep them up? Maybe I missed something.................
  • You have to ask why?

He saved them, before he arrived they seemed doomed.
  • Well at least the Saints fans don't have to see their rivals Pompey winning trophies or playing in Europe. D'oh
  • [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]Soton fans are royally pissed off at this it seems.

Suprisingly not. A quick scan of their main forum and it seems that a lot are excited by it and think it could turn out a masterstroke.

All agree that its 'very Rupert Lowe' though....
  • Would love to see them go down after what they down at our place this season to innocent fans, and even better would be us sending them down
  • Sponsored links:

• not really a sacking as he was only on a contract until the summer but not much of a reward for keeping them up.
  • Telstar- thought that was a record label or something like that :-)
  • Telstar was a hit for The Tornadoes, the first tune by a British band to make number one in the states.

It's also the name of a relatively new British film about producer Joe Meek - who produced the record, partly funded by tango man of all people...
  • When you see the mess Southampton are in it does make you think how far are we away from this. This was a club who were releagated 3 seasons ago, in the first year down did not make the play offs, second year were very unlucky not to get in the final, then the parachute money goes and only escape the drop on the last day. And all this with a very respectable average gate. I know it is obvious but we have to go back this year otherwise we could be comming up for very rough times.
  • Think the above was as a result of a very dodgy, at least unstable, infighting board (Rupert Lowe bringing in Clive Woodward etc); which is something we're not yet suffering from.
  • http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/southampton/7427097.stm

Have a look and listen, sounds like Martin Jol. Seems he's been brought in because he will be on a lot less than Pearson and he's good with kids, (no not like Dave Jones :-) and they won't have hardly any experienced players cos they will sell them all.

Good bet for relegation, but then look what Palace did last year :-(
  • Its all about the Musshhrrrrrrooms

I give them the Mushhhrrooomms for breakfast lunch and then some of my Magic cakes for tea

Then we go to my brothers bar in the evening and have some more Mussshrrroomms