Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

This week I've been mainly listening to......

edited May 2008 in General Charlton
Well my 70's compilation album with hits as eclectic as Quo - Rocking all Over the World, Squeeze - Cool for Cats, Roll over Beethoven - ELO, Baker Street - Gerry Rafferty, Heart of Glass - Blondie, I don't like Mondays - The Boomtown Rats, Ike and Tina Turner - Nutbush City Limits, Don Mclean - American Pie, The Knack - My Sharona, Mud - Tiger Feet, Elton John - Pinball Wizard, David Bowie - Ziggy Stardust, Slade - We're All Crazy Now and one or two others.

When you think that the Seventies took in the end of the Beatles in 1970, through Glam Rock, club acts like Showaddywaddy and the Rubettes to the start of punk and new wave, woven through all of this time were mega-hits by mega-bands and artists like Bowie, The Who, The Stones, Genesis, Elton John, Quo and more. I was in my teens for most of the seventies. It's probably my age but I seem to like the stuff more now than I did at the time.

Comments

• Steve Roach - Magnificent Void
    Dead Can Dance - Serpent's Egg
    Fear Factory - Archetype
    Sigur Ros - Agaetis Byrjun
    Bad Religion - Against The Grain
  • a grand dont come for free , orginal pirate material, hard way to earn an easy living
  • [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]a grand dont come for free , orginal pirate material, hard way to earn an easy living

Dry your eyes is a classic. Think that's a great album.

Mozart's mass in C minor, as recommneded by Stanmore, has been waking me up via the iPod every morning.
  • [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]Well my 70's compilation album with hits as eclectic as Quo - Rocking all Over the World, Squeeze - Cool for Cats, Roll over Beethoven - ELO, Baker Street - Gerry Rafferty, Heart of Glass - Blondie, I don't like Mondays - The Boomtown Rats, Ike and Tina Turner - Nutbush City Limits, Don Mclean - American Pie, The Knack - My Sharona, Mud - Tiger Feet, Elton John - Pinball Wizard, David Bowie - Ziggy Stardust, Slade - We're All Crazy Now and one or two others.

When you think that the Seventies took in the end of the Beatles in 1970, through Glam Rock, club acts like Showaddywaddy and the Rubettes to the start of punk and new wave, woven through all of this time were mega-hits by mega-bands and artists like Bowie, The Who, The Stones, Genesis, Elton John, Quo and more. I was in my teens for most of the seventies. It's probably my age but I seem to like the stuff more now than I did at the time.

The 70s are the best although I accept that whenever you first get into music, normally as a teenager, the music of that era will always be more significant and memorable to you.

That's a strange old compilation Bing. Mud and Squeeze? Boomtown Rats and ELO?

Also in the 70's you had the best of the Stones albums (Exile), Who's Next, The Ramones, Patti Smith, some great Van Morrison albums, All the best punk, motown and philly were still producing good music, some of the best reggae ever from the Harder They Come through to Two Sevens Clash via The Wailers live at the Lyceum as well as Dylan's last great work Blood on the Tracks.
  • for give me for not being nostalgic but I've been listening to Usher's new album all week and it's absolutely fab.
  • Ida Maria
  • Whitey - The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
    The Last Shadow Puppets - The Age Of The Understatement
  • Telegraph road- Dire straits

Saw knopfler in concert the other night.The man can play a few notes!
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]That's a strange old compilation Bing. Mud and Squeeze? Boomtown Rats and ELO?

It's just a Hits Album - I think I bought it from Woolies a few years ago.
  • I downloaded one of the those dodgy compilations that they used to do in the 60s and early 70s of people singing the curent hits.

It was called Reg Dwight's Piano Goes Pop and it's got versions of In the Summertime, Spirit in the Sky and Young Gifted and Black.

The singer sounds familair but I can't put my finger on who it is : - )
  • Sponsored links:

• Robyn - Robyn
    New Coldplay stuff
  • Loads of Funky House Promos

Channelle H - I want It
    Alex Gaudino ft Shena - Watch Out
    Ricki-Lee - U Wanna Little of this
    Stonebridge - You Don't Know
    Danni Minogue vs Jason Nevins - Touch me like that
    Shanie - Don't give me your life
  • [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Channelle H - I want It
    Is that the bird from Big Brother?
  • The best of Louis Prima
  • Scarlett Johansson - Anywhere I Lay My Head
    The Zombies - Odessey and Oracle
    Elvis Costello - Momofuku
    4 O'Clock Planes - Charlie Chimp
    Nick Cave - Dig Lazarus Dig
    Neil Young - Decade
  • Months after buying it I still keep going back to Radiohead 'In Rainbows' - great, great album...

Otherwise the iPod is on shuffle - last track on my way into the office this morning was The Smiths, 'What difference does it make?'
  • [cite]Posted By: HarryAMuse[/cite]Nick Cave - Dig Lazarus Dig

Superb album - been playing it again today
  • Arcade fire & The young knives
    Oh! and a bit of M G M T (time to pretend)
  • The Black Keys - The Rubber Factory and Attack and Release
  • nick cave was brilliant live, he had a roadie just to put back everything he knocked over while moving round the stage like a demented daddy long legs..... this week been listenin to
    great lake swimmers, cat power, and escaped into some old vinyl last night , a crackly version of floyds wish you were here, perfect with a nice glass of wine.
  • Sponsored links:

• Fad gadget, The Fratellis, Weird Al Yankovic.
  • edited May 2008
    Beth Rowley`s album " little Dreamer" playing at the moment, great voice.

Its been an ambition of mine to contribute to a "Listening to thread" thats another one ticked off the list, as I read most of the comments above I find myself saying " Nope, never heard of them" its alright its an age thing. ; )
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Channelle H - I want It
    Is that the bird from Big Brother?

No Idea mate could well be though, she sounds like a 'air head' :-)
  • New Charlatans album is excellent
  • Neil Diamond - 12 Songs. Picked this up for £4 in HMV Bexleyheath on saturday morning. Quality album.
  • Spiritualized - Songs in A&E
  • The Whitest Boy Alive, great dance act formed by the bloke from Kings of Convenience, erland oye. Saw them down here in Brighton last week. One of the best gigs I've been to.

White Lies - Anyone catch them on Jules Holland? 'Death' is good.

Postal Service - Brilliant. Every song.
  • I've been revisiting the album Hysteria by Def Leppard in the last week. Absolute classic rock.
  • Oh Paul Everett your credibility as a DJ has all but vanished now!!

Chenelle whatever her name is.................

Oh dear man!!

Zutons new stuff and Pigeon Detectives new stuff in preparation for going to see both this weekend. Pigeon Detectives Brixton Friday and Zutons Bedgebury Sunday.
  • a week ago I was listening to the bubbles from my regulator in the Red Sea.

I'm back in London. At work. It's raining.

Sometimes like sucks :-(