Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

BBC Footy Last night

Now I know it was a crap boring game, but, how do the BBC manage to double the dullness of it.

Motty is a boring, gibbering twat and as for Lawrenson, geezer is a first class C*%!, he never has anything positive to say and basically slags off everyone. Plastic Irish nob, go and commentate on them feckers and slag them off.

Comments

• Options
    I was hoping that they would have had the 5 Live commentary available via the red button, but they didn't so I ended up muting the tv and listened to the commentary on the radio.

Can't stand Motson, Lawrenson etc - the only decent football coverage is Sky unfortunately, and even they make a mess of it with all the Super Sunday, Grand Slam Sunday rubbish.
  • Options
    Totally agree , I can't stand Lawrenson , he moaned about the game at every opportunity . Why do they bother with him
  • Options
    I liked the fact that Bobby Charlton was Beck's boyhood hero according to motty! Despite the fact that his so called hero retired when he was still a toddler, or can your footballing hero be the man that runs the football course you attend?
  • Options
    But 5 Live has Alan Green on, and Graham Taylor, and Chris Waddle!
    I cannot stand Green. Mike Ingham is good.

The sooner JP takes over from Motty the better.
  • Options
    As stated on the previous Motty thread Tyler and Gray are head and shoulders above the rest
  • Options
    I did laugh out loud at Lawro's "Beware Greeks bearing whistles" crack though.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]I did laugh out loud at Lawro's "Beware Greeks bearing whistles" crack though.

His 'Much Adu about nothing' line was good as well.

I agree though, Motty has been a fantastic servant to both the Beeb and football in general, but his best days are long behind him now. Lawro will be frank and honest, but he just hasn't got the spark, aggression, passion, or technical insight that really draws you in.
  • Options
    Was total drivel throughout. The footy reminded me to never watch paint drying
  • Options
    I'm sure the BBC thinks that a pundit or commentator who doesn't jabber cliches or have a one dimensional persona would be elitist. What a patronising orgainisation they are.
  • Options
    listening to radio 5 live last night driving homs and had forgot this game was on. Got in and tuned the tv on and went round the channels as you do Sky 1, then 2, 3 & extra......no sign of it. Then went to Sentanta, ITV 2 & 3 and even channel 5.

Couldn't beleive it when i eventually found it on BBC 1......for a meaningless friendly FFS......

football is being totally oversold. I remember when I'd have watched it as there would have only been 2 or 3 live games a season.....now theres one virtually everyday.

Ps - great bit in the daily mail today from a journo in the states. Went into a bar with 50 screens and none were showing the game - but had about 6 other sports beeing shown as well as a live feed of a press conference from the white house. He got them to switch 1 screen to the footie but no-one bothered to watch it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ps - great bit in the daily mail today from a journo in the states. Went into a bar with 50 screens and none were showing the game - but had about 6 other sports beeing shown as well as a live feed of a press conference from the white house. He got them to switch 1 screen to the footie but no-one bothered to watch it.[/quote]

having seen the League 1 standard football they served up I'm not surprised !!!
  • Options
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/7424825.stm

Even the beeb hate lawro!! very funny, just never got why the use an irishman on co comentry and a scott in the studio to slag us off, Wrighty was poor but showed passion and said what we thought, Shearer is dull!!! and as for lee dixon christ!! the perfect panel would be, Lineker in charge, an ex england manager, a tipped future england manager, an england Legend and a current player injured or suspended ect.. Ie: Bobby Robson, Martin O'neil, Terry Butcher/ince/gazza/ Michael Owen always injured so always availble.
  • Options
    Bobby Robson (bless him) would struggle to know where he was !!
  • Options
    i know poor bobby was just an exapmle, just he was the last england manager to have a wonderfull thing called 'personailty' Taylor,Hoddle,Sven,Mclaren ect, Vennables would be worth a shout.
  • Options
    to be fair at least the bbc haven't got david pleat....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ross[/cite]to be fair at least the bbc haven't got david pleat....

I don't know what it is but I can't stand the alleged kerb crawling tw**!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ross[/cite]to be fair at least the bbc haven't got david pleat....

They have, he regulary works on 5Live. Can't stand him either.
  • Options
    and no HD! pah
  • Options
    Or, even worse, David Platt. That man could make an evening out with Ollie Reed, Jeffrey Bernard and Peter O'Toole boring
  • Options
    kill David Platt, live life