Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Question - Mark Mansfield

Used to love sunday evenings - Charlton Live. Who can ever forget his commentry of the playoff final. For Charlton fans his famous " Ilic has saved it" is as big as "They think its all over - it is now". Anyone know why he has dropped off the radar ?

Comments

• nice guy as well mate,shared a car with him on occasions loves charlton with a passion,good show as well,loved the gazza inpersonater.
  • Yeah met him once and had a chat with him. Got talking about Charlton obviously. I thought I had a good knowledge and opinions but he left me in the shade.
  • would like to now whats hes up to.
  • Feel sure that someone on here will know. I hope so anyway. I wonder if he ever posts on here. or even still goes to The Valley.
  • A few of us have been trying to contact Mark recently (in light of Dave Davies's passing away).

Looks like he still wants nothing to do with the club. Last I heard he had left Clubcall to go and do something completely different. His wife is still involved in radio - Sue works for LBC.
  • Thats a real pity I think. Sorry if it is general knowledge but what was the big falling out over ?
  • he is actually my uncle and my name is also Mark Mansfield, so i shall find out for y'all. He used to own llamas btw.
  • Cheers llama.
  • You live on shooters hill? Anywhere near the red lion?
  • closer to the Bull really
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Thats a real pity I think. Sorry if it is general knowledge but what was the big falling out over ?

From what i recall, Mark built up Charlton Live on Millenium and the Club just pulled the plug on it, without any notice, following the capital radio tie up.
  • Oh right. Must have been a kick in the nuts then. Must hurt if you can walk away from the footie club you love. Trying to think what Charlton would need to do for me to walk away. Can`t think of anything.
  • edited May 2008
    As big as they think it's all over it is now - BOLD BOLD STATEMENT.

Not even charlton fans can think that
  • Think their might be a few non English fans who might ?
  • I'm sure its been covered before. Put Mark Mansfield in the Search under comments, and i'm sure it will through up the answers.
  • 'As big as they think it's all over it is now - BOLD BOLD STATEMENT.

Not even charlton fans can think that'

Charlton over England anyday Ledge. When I said to an ex 'I would rather have Charlton winning the F.A cup than England winning the World Cup'.

I love CAFC more than the national side.
  • No wonder he is keeping a low profile Mark "Special Agent" Mansfield
  • Mark Mansfield - Spoilt brat.
  • Sponsored links:

• Charlton Live blimey remember listening to this years and years back

What was the music they played at the start?
  • I used to love it. If only I'd rung in and given my thoughts occasionally .......
  • [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]Charlton Live blimey remember listening to this years and years back

What was the music they played at the start?

Charlton Live, Charlton Live, Charlton Live dum dum der der dum

btw - Has anyone got a recording of the original Gary Sergeant advert, the one that went...

So you got your tax return, there's one name you should learn..........
  • for friendly clear advice, at a very special price, Gary Seargeant.....
  • for friendly clear advice, at a very friendly price, Gary Sergeant!

Those were the days.
  • Who's our next caller?

Pat from Eltham...........Always amusing.

Can be heard on TalkSport these days.
  • Vic from Charlton,
    Nigel from Lee,
    James from Tower Bridge,
    Neal Target (obviously ashamed of where he lived)
    Sylvia from Charlton
    Dave from Thamesmead
  • what about Vic from Charlton, he was always value for money, not forgetting Millwall Dave from Thamesmead.
  • Those were the days!

So anyone got a copy of the GS ad?
  • If you can't remember how the theme went then go to my blog BDL Blog(shameless plug) and on the sidebar to the right you will find Valley Music where you can listen to the theme tune to your hearts content!