Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dowie's day off

edited November 2006 in General Charlton
So his publicised day off a couple of weeks ago .... I wonder what that was about?
Was it after the Bolton game?

Comments

• Options
    It was after the Bolton Cup game - the conspiracy theorists are already getting stuck into this one!
  • Options
    When i read that he'd been given the day off, one of my mates (gooner) said 'can you imagine Pat Rice telling Wenger not to come in' somethings going on there....he brought it up again on Monday night.
  • Options
    maybe he said "if you win, i'll take a day off" and they as they 'hate him so much' (!?!?) they decided to win so they could have a day off from him beating them within an inch of their lives!?!
  • Options
    I presume the players were given the day off too or at least those who didn't pick up knocks etc. Is it practice for the manager to take these days off too?

In which case Reed might have said what are you doing here today, last night you said you weren't coming in...
  • Options
    I dont know what the big thing is.... surely any manager is entitled to a day off!!
  • Options
    Yeah, but with this, he was told to take a day off.
  • Options
    Anyway, he's got plenty of time off now.