Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

2nd Ketman Test - England vs. New Zealand

England v New Zealand 132-4 (14.25pm - 23rd May 2008)

England's bowlers took four quick wickets either side of lunch to spoil New Zealand's bright start to the second Test at Old Trafford.

New Zealand's openers put on 80 before Ryan Sidebottom removed Aaron Redmond (28) and James Marshall (0).

James Anderson had How caught behind for 64 after the restart before Monty Panesar had Brendon McCullum (11) caught by Paul Collingwood at slip.

Kiwi skipper Daniel Vettori had won the toss and elected to bat first.

Comments

• And Daniel Flynn had his teeth re-arranged after hooking one into his mouth.
  • What happened in the First Test in the end anyway, noticed as England took wickets everyone was posting then the posts dried up I take it we didn't win then :-)
  • edited May 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]What happened in the First Test in the end anyway, noticed as England took wickets everyone was posting then the posts dried up I take it we didn't win then :-)

A draw...
  • what's with this 2nd ketman test or any cricket you lot call it a ketman

Please explain or is it a medway addicks joke
  • edited May 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]what's with this 2nd ketman test or any cricket you lot call it a ketman

You have to be a member of the Medway clique.
  • WSSWSS
    edited May 2008
    The whole Ketman thing started on this site so no clique!

I think it's because of Ketman's love for cricket - i'll try and look where it originated.

Lol - look how many "Ketman" threads there are, even BFR started one!:

http://www.charltonlife.com/forum/search.php?page=1&PostBackAction=Search&Keywords=Ketman&Type=Topics
  • [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]what's with this 2nd ketman test or any cricket you lot call it a ketman

If it was one of my jokes, it would be funny...
  • We're 86-4 in the final test
  • absolutely dreadful, 5 gone
  • Sponsored links:

• Nice recovery but a bad day for England.
  • 292-7.

Stuart Broad can bat a bit so if Anderson, Sidebottom and Monty hang about we should get to 320 or so with any luck.

It depends how much it darts about first thing.
  • Actually 273/7, but I think the highest score at Trent Bridge this season is ca. 280, and with the new stands in place the ball is apparently swinging around a lot more this season. There doesn't look to be a lot in the wicket, but if the ball swings for Sidey and Broad on what is their home patch this could already be a good total.

The Kiwis let their advantage slip at 86/5 and that too could be the turning point.
  • [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]Actually 273/7, but I think the highest score at Trent Bridge this season is ca. 280, and with the new stands in place the ball is apparently swinging around a lot more this season. There doesn't look to be a lot in the wicket, but if the ball swings for Sidey and Broad on what is their home patch this could already be a good total.

The Kiwis let their advantage slip at 86/5 and that too could be the turning point.

I don't know where I got 292 from!!

But substitute 300 for 320 and the rest of the original post applies.
  • Anderson and Broad are still there.
  • 331-7
  • broad and anderson going along very nicely ........sh*t, blame me.
    338-8
  • Hope Broad gets his 50.

He's rode his luck and grafted well.
  • Broad on 49 not out. 341 - 8 at lunch
  • Sponsored links:

• Needs to get his concentration back young Broad, he has performed admirably so far
  • Broad's fifty. Well done sir.
  • There was a piece about Stuart Broad in one of the Sunday papers.He's already had more test victories than his dad, won 3 out of the 5 Tests he's played.

His dad only won 2 in 25 games.
  • 364 all out. Broad an excellent 64.

Monty out to a shocking decision from Bucknor.
  • [cite]Posted By: The Equaliser[/cite]There was a piece about Stuart Broad in one of the Sunday papers.He's already had more test victories than his dad, won 3 out of the 5 Tests he's played.

Chris Broad was one of those players like Peter Willey and Ramprakash who only got picked against the "tough" teams. The West Indies especially. His county oening bat colleague, Tim Robinson, got selected for the "easy" games at the time like India.
  • [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: The Equaliser[/cite]There was a piece about Stuart Broad in one of the Sunday papers.He's already had more test victories than his dad, won 3 out of the 5 Tests he's played.

Chris Broad was one of those players like Peter Willey and Ramprakash who only got picked against the "tough" teams. The West Indies especially. His county oening bat colleague, Tim Robinson, got selected for the "easy" games at the time like India.

Chris Broads 2 test wins were both against Australia, Down Under , 1987.Those wins were also Mike Gattings only victories as England captain.
  • 14 - 2. Anderson has bowled 2 crackers. Off stump ripped out on both balls.
  • Quite a few Glory boys on here as soon as England start doing well. No posts at all as the wickets tumbled yesterday shame on all of you ! :-)
  • That off stump looks a bit sorry for itself now!

Been watching all day and getting in a summer mood, it is a thousand fold more enjoyable when things go our way Kets!
  • 62-4 now , Anderson with the lot