Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Best Fish and chips

not the venvue it was brought at but what is the best fish and chips ,cooked etc.

haddock in beer batter very crispy
chips ---- not frys(yank bollox) thick cut some crunchy
lots of salt and viniger
bit of lemon for the fish
bit of tarter sauce

2 pieces of bread and butter.

if feeling a bit "ecky thump Northern monkeyish" mushy peas are allowed.

Comments

• Cant beat Cod & chips, as long as the batter is crispy, tartare sauce and a wally, loads of vinegar.
  • Charlton village the best.Avoid the one opp Blackheath station costs a fortune
  • Has to be white/onion vinegar for me.

With a crusty roll.

No Ketchup.
  • God i'm hungry now!
  • Cod and Chips
    Cod Roe and Chips

HAs to be a walley Onion Vinegar
  • me 2
  • [cite]Posted By: Tavern[/cite]Charlton village the best.Avoid the one opp Blackheath station costs a fortune

Been in there whilst waiting for a train with the kids, chips aint bad, but as you say, it is Blackheath village after all, surprised they even have a chippy.
  • Taverm fella know what you mean about the Blackheath station chippy. £7.30 FFS only wanted the fish not the trawler it was f**kin caught in !

PS did say NOT the shop mate !!!
  • [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Taverm fella know what you mean about the Blackheath station chippy. £7.30 FFS only wanted the fish not the trawler it was f**kin caught in !

PS did say NOT the shop mate !!!
    Sorry i thought you meant the one opp the venue nightclub!lol!
  • Has to be Yorkshire fish & chips cooked in real beef dripping. Probably outlawed now for Health & Safety reasons!! LOL. And yes, mushy peas are an essential part of the whole experience
  • Sponsored links:

• Anyone eaten in that Fish And Chip resturant just off Marylebone High St

Its teh nuts in there dear but well well worth it
  • Best fish and chips I've had was in a pub (features in Doc Martin) in Port Isaac....
  • has to be one Sav one batterd Saus large chips loads of salt and tommy suace all over!!!
  • I love saveloys but they repeat on me

I love saveloys but they repeat on me

see what I did there, ah, see what I did
  • look i know its f**kin a difficult question but that looks alot like either Sav and chips or sausage and chips not alot like f**kin FISH and CHIPS !!!!
  • Da9 you still got it mate !!!!

PS i do know a good clinic though !
  • The best fish n chips are those eaten by the sea, usually whilst fighting off scavenging seagulls!!
  • getting dived bomed by the fecking seagulls when were kids in folkstone was always part of the fun, lee evans does a wicked routine about seagulls.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sz4_nPTOsfY
  • [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]I love saveloys but they repeat on me

I love saveloys but they repeat on me

see what I did there, ah, see what I did

Look like dog's co**s...
  • man i do worry about u son i do honest ?
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]man i do worry about u son i do honest ?

So do I....
  • [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Da9 you still got it mate !!!!

PS i do know a good clinic though !

I know, I know, I'm a flawed genius, I know

Do they do natural yoghurt?
  • wish i had not read this before i ate my poxy cheese salad!
  • Curry Sauce anyone?

Not everytime but just occasionally it's perfect.

And why do most northern chippies just sell "fish" not cod or haddock etc just "fish"
  • Some on here must remember the chip shop at Crewe, very tasty!
  • Rock and Chips

With Mushy Peas and a buttered Roll and a pickled onion

Loads of vinegar on the chips and a good dose of salt

eaten with a wooden fork near the Bandstand at Broadstairs

luvly fecking jubbly
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Curry Sauce anyone?

Not everytime but just occasionally it's perfect.

And why do most northern chippies just sell "fish" not cod or haddock etc just "fish"

Because its mutant fish with no real name, due to the chemicals these norvern monkees pour into the sea
  • edited May 2008
    Scampi and chips, from the chippy on Old Dover Road
  • When I go up to see a mate in Fleetwood we always have a Fish and Chip supper. Had Beer battered John Dory there which is the bomb.

However once I asked for Cod and Chips, and was surprised at the looks I got.

Have you never heard of Cod Worm my mate said ...

So its Haddock all the way from now on
  • thats done me Riscardo never ever will i eat cod again just googled it disqusting looking thing