Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cardiff or Portsmouth?

Who do you want to win the FA cup?

The (welsh) underdogs?
or Pompey?

I personally cannot bear the thought of the taffs winning the cup as we'll never hear the end of it from every welshman in the western hemisphere!
Plus they have JFH and if he scores I will be quite seriously miffed...
And their fans are horrible; a self styled leek-flavoured millwall!

Comments

• Options
    I agree on 100% on that. Got a few mates who follwo Pompey from my days on the South Coast as well and think they also deserve something for the years of following a (mostly) crap team also. Plus there's also the Walshie factor and that great day...
  • Options
    come on the bluebirds!!!!
    the only reason im not there is that im saving for a season seatickt in the north stand. come on city.
  • Options
    Pompey all the way. I don't like Cardiff one jot and I'm sure the feeling from them toward me is pretty similar
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Cardmouth or Portsiff, don't care. Would love it to be Charlton, still one day maybe in my lifetime. :-(
  • Options
    your never see it mate,we dont do cup runs.
  • Options
    Although I usually like to support the underdog, I can't support Cardiff. Apart from the JFH thing (don't you just know he's going to score) I don't think the Welsh should be in it. They have their own leagues and their own cup competition and their own gateway to European competitions. The "big" Welsh clubs should all support their local arrangements, not muscle in on ours.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Harvey Gardens[/cite]Although I usually like to support the underdog, I can't support Cardiff. Apart from the JFH thing (don't you just know he's going to score) I don't think the Welsh should be in it. They have their own leagues and their own cup competition and their own gateway to European competitions. The "big" Welsh clubs should all support their local arrangements, not muscle in on ours.

Agreed.
    For the most part, it's the JFH aspect that turns me against them the most. Don't like Portsmouth much due to HH, but he's the best of two evils. Would be very unsure if Defoe could get his hands on a medal though.
  • Options
    I live with a cardiff fan so naturally i will be supporting pompey.
  • Options
    Pompey all the way over disgusting Cardiff
  • Options
    Pompey on balance given that Judas will miss out.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pompey all the way for me.

Despise the Cardiff fans with a passion.

Might be a wee bit biased though as I met the organiser of their London Supporters Club at my Grandad's wake and he was a top man. In fact, all we did was talk football and Charlton & Pompey in particular, for around two hours. Stuff like that lingers, long may their bells chime.
  • Options
    Can't believe ayone would want the Welsh scum to win OUR cup.

Play up Pompey.......
  • Options
    Pompey for me. Don't care much for Cardiff.
  • Options
    I'm glad I read this thread. I am so disinterested that I thought the final was between Bournemouth and Wrexham. Now, I'm enlightened.
  • Options
    JFH, Cardiff ... has to be Pompey .. but it really is a choice of the better of two evils
  • Options
    Wow, I never realised just how much antipathy there was towards Cardiff. Perhaps we should declare them our new "local" rivals, if Palace don't want to know.
  • Options
    pompey for me.
  • Options
    pompey
  • Options
    pompey for me also
  • Options
    Cardiff for me
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pompey
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Harvey Gardens[/cite]Although I usually like to support the underdog, I can't support Cardiff.

Pretty much how i see it.

Isn't it a shame you can't turn on the telly now and see a proper 'road to wembley' build up ?
  • Options
    Isn't it a shame you can't turn on the telly now and see a proper 'road to wembley' build up ?

Absolutely. Every goal from every round, fans making their journeys, helicopters tailing the team coaches, and best of all Cup Final It's a knock out! Those were the days.
  • Options
    I hope football is the winner : - )

Would go for Pompey over Cardiff for the reasons given above but not all that bothered. Don't dislike JFH either.

Just want to see an exciting and skillful final with both teams involved so we can nail the myth that we need one or two "Rich four" clubs to make it watchable.

Finals in recent years (other than when Pardew was involved) have been dreary to watch and painful to listen to as the commentators gush praise on the "superstars" of the big four and their "wonderful" fans. Even seeing Man Utd stroll around against Millwall was a let down. should have been 9 or 10 nil.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stone[/cite]Can't believe ayone would want the Welsh scum to win OUR cup.

Play up Pompey.......

Spot on
  • Options
    Pompey....purely because Jimmy Floyd Hasslewank plays for Cardiff!
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Posted By: Henry Irving: I hope football is the winner : - )

I've just been sick after reading this. ;-))
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stoneroses19[/cite]I live with a cardiff fan so naturally i will be supporting pompey.

lol
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Happy Harry will be....errrr.....v.happy after todays result. Well done to Pompey, even if that little git Defoe doesn't deserve it.
  • Options
    I'd rather have seen the bell ringer bloke than the prat in the hat that the BBC's producer seemed obsessed with. How many times did we have to look at his ugly tatooed body this afternoon?