Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Zenit St Petersburg

All our grips about the UK at the moment, sometimes you completely forget just how fooked up other areas of the world are.

Zenit have not had a single black player in their 83-year history. Dick Advocaat said this week "the fans do not like them" "I cannot buy a black player whilst coach of Zenit. The fans would not allow it. I dont want to sign a player who will not be accepted by the fans"

Comments

• Options
    thats the iron curtain for you, its a culture shock
  • Options
    then they should not be allowed to play in a tournament run by Uefa or Fifa.
  • Options
    aren't they in the champions league next season ?

from the look of them last night I think they could do pretty well.
  • Options
    i heard that as well AFKA absolutely astounding a manager of a top level team in europe can come out with something like that and nothing be said of it. it's astonishing.

Razil - that's a cop out to be honest - the moscow teams have brazillians playing for them
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    [cite]Posted By: SE10Addick[/cite]then they should not be allowed to play in a tournament run by Uefa or Fifa.

spot on
  • Options
    So all the advert boards running the whole length of the pitch which said" Kick racism out" was just token boloxxx by EUFA. Which of course should be no surprise.
  • Options
    fair point, perhaps St P is less cosmopolitan than Moscow, certainly was when I was there.
  • Options
    disgusting

situations of cultural, endemic racism like this will never change unless black people are allowed to play a part

how on earth are these people going to remove their bigotted views on colour if they can never see/meet/talk to/admire a black person?
  • Options
    not being funny but didnt rangers have a no catholic rule well into the 80s?
  • Options
    and isnt taig and fenian mighty offensive,someone called me that they would be hitting pavement.the same applys to hun as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]disgusting

situations of cultural, endemic racism like this will never change unless black people are allowed to play a part

how on earth are these people going to remove their bigotted views on colour if they can never see/meet/talk to/admire a black person?

Agreed. Let's loan them Amdy Faye for the season as an ambassador.
  • Options
    Their 30 years behind us in terms of accepting minority groups into their countries, change will happen.
  • Options
    lets hope so.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]not being funny but didnt rangers have a no catholic rule well into the 80s?

they had Catholics playing for them well before then...
  • Options
    did not no that,my apologies
  • Options
    even if they DID nolly that was the past we are talking about now
    In todays anti racism stance its a joke
  • Options
    Spain still has an abysmal record of racist abuse as well

I don't think we should be confining this to the far reaches of Eastern Europe

Given the ridiculously high migration rate across the Straights from Africa, black people are seen as the villains and undesirable in the more ignorant parts of Spanish society (particularly in the smaller urban areas, and rural areas outside of Madrid, Catalunya, Valencia and the Basque Country)

There is no excuse for a non-black transfer policy, monkey chants, banners or stereotyping in this age and the 5.000Euro fines handed out by UEFA are doing a great job of alleviating this problem!
  • Options
    spain are awfull,worse imo
  • Options
    i think its well done to dick advorcat for letting the world know and then ban them from all european competion
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]So all the advert boards running the whole length of the pitch which said" Kick racism out" was just token boloxxx by EUFA. Which of course should be no surprise.

I expect so. I only watched a few minutes of it before going out, but I didn't notice any boards saying " Расизм пинком вне". Were there any?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]spain are awfull,worse imo
    As a (semi) dago I can confidently say that, in most parts of Spain, you are 100% accurate. However, places like Catalunya are a lot more cosmopolitan than ****holes like Madrid, the Basque country and Galicia. There has been a huge north African community in Barcelona for decades - the city is much more like a British city in terms of its ethnic makeup. You can't tar the whole of Spain with the same brush you would Madrid.
  • Options
    always wanted to go galicia,they reckon there celts!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]always wanted to go galicia,they reckon there celts!

very strange lot they are!
  • Options
    why? never been whats they like
  • Options
    Strange place Galicia. Massive drug problem amongst the young, enormous unemployment (most of the Spanish kids over here are children of those who left Galicia in the seventies) and its a largely dismal, depressing place. That said, the people are usually very friendly, the food is awesome and, in the summer, the weather is awesome (kinda like you wish it was here - hot but not sweltering, a little bit of rain here and there but not enough to **** you off) and loads of nice, verdant greenery. And the architecture there is amazing - often gets overlooked because of Barcelona, Madrid and Sevilla, but the buildings are awesome in Santiago de Compostela and La Coruna. Well worth a visit.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]Santiago de Compostela

fantastic place, the Cathedral there is out of this world

but as said, it's a really weird place up there and the weather is dismal outside the summer months