Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

QPR confirm Dowie as manager

Just confirmed Dowie as manager - can't believe he's being let loose with that much money.

Comments

• Options
    ok .... so you had heard!
  • Options
    quick flog him Amdy Faye...
  • Options
    first team coach actually.

Wonders will never cease. Someone offer him Amdy Faye for £5m
  • Options
    They are doomed
  • Options
    On the face of it, madness.

But it will be very interesting to see what happens. Quite a few people believe Dowie is not fit to be a successful football manager. Here is a chance to view what he does with a decent budget.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]On the face of it, madness.

But it will be very interesting to see what happens. Quite a few people believe Dowie is not fit to be a successful football manager. Here is a chance to view what he does with a decent budget.

We all know what Dowie can do with a decent budget. Unfortunately.
  • Options
    Most of my QPR mates ar hopping mad with this appointment no storming the title this year I'm afraid lads :-)
  • Options
    Was he in charge of Coventry at Smellhurst this season - if not, I wonder what the Nigels will make of his return?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    We all know what Dowie can do with a decent budget. Unfortunately.

Not really. With us, our budget would of been in the bottom half of the division. Same with Palace, and with Cov. Now he is likely to have one of the biggest in the division he is in.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He might even have learned a few things, you never know - gps for long runs for example?
  • Options
    has his brother followed him?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: NorthStandUltra[/cite]Was he in charge of Coventry at Smellhurst this season - if not, I wonder what the Nigels will make of his return?

Think they still like him over there... mostly due to him screwing us up. Agent Dowie and all that b'locks
  • Options
    Here's a question for the anoraks (and to which I have no clue as to the answer).
    There are plenty of managers who have managed 2 London Clubs but can anyone name another manager that has managed (as Dowie now will have) 3 or more London Clubs?
  • Options
    He was top of the league with Coventry for a fair while in the early months of this season.
    Won away at West Brom 4-2.
    And pulled off Premier League scalps in the League Cup - including ManUTd at Old Trafford.

His strength is evidently man motivation - providing he later doesn't lose the dressing room.
    I can't remember what happened before Christmas to plummet Coventry down the table.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: NorthStandUltra[/cite]Was he in charge of Coventry at Smellhurst this season - if not, I wonder what the Nigels will make of his return?

Think they still like him over there... mostly due to him screwing us up. Agent Dowie and all that b'locks

I doubt the Orange to$$er will welcome him back :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PeanutsMolloy[/cite]Here's a question for the anoraks (and to which I have no clue as to the answer).
    There are plenty of managers who have managed 2 London Clubs but can anyone name another manager that has managed (as Dowie now will have) 3 or more London Clubs?

Alan Mullary ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PeanutsMolloy[/cite]Here's a question for the anoraks (and to which I have no clue as to the answer).

Terry Venables (palace, spurs, QPR)

And who you calling an anorak : -)
  • Options

Terry Venables (palace, spurs, QPR)

And who you calling an anorak : -)
    Any advance on 3?
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    That is such a weird decision!
    Italian owner who brought in an italian coach who was doing ok, in place of a Dowie-type in Mick Harford.

He obviously has something to constantly be offered jobs.

Right, let's have a guess when he'll be sacked. I'll have first go:
    August 30 - after four league defeats and QPR's exit from the Carling Cup to Dagenham.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]

Alan Mullary ?
    CAFC, Fulham, ??
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PeanutsMolloy[/cite]

Alan Mullary ?
    CAFC, Fulham, ??

Mullary didn't manage Fulham just us, Palace and Brighton (London on sea)

Jimmy Seed managed Orient, Charlton and, oh the shame of it, Millwall.
  • Options
    Mullary did have a short spell as Director of Football at Barnet as well , where for an even shorter time of his spell he was in charge of team affairs.
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Didn't know that re: barnet

Anyway there is no doubt that QPR is closer to Bolton than Palace although not as handy for London City airport for the flights home.
  • Options

Alan Mullary ?
    CAFC, Fulham, ??

Bloody anorak
  • Options
    What about George Graham?
  • Options
    Our old player Alec Stock
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: addick1965[/cite]What about George Graham?
    Yup - Millwall, Arse, Spurs
  • Options

Alan Mullary ?
    CAFC, Fulham, ??

Don't think Jimmy Seed managed Millwall but he was invited to become a director.

Yet another poor reflection on the Gliksten dynasty IMHO
  • Options

Alan Mullary ?
    CAFC, Fulham, ??

Bloody anorak

Take that back. Shirty 5 is the official CL anorak now ; - )

PS I give you a ring re: going for another Indian.