Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

One big weekend

edited May 2008 in Not Sports Related
Anyone else going? Medders??

I'm going on the Saturday, just wondering if anyone else is heading Mote park direction this weekend

Comments

• Options
    im going on sunday! woo hoo! lets all laugh at medders!

Raconteers and hot chip me up dood. You can poke your usher and maradona mate!
  • Options
    Forget that Madonna woman I will be launching urine at her
  • Options
    It's going to piss it down all weekend....

Do the mouth trick for Mad Madge Dicko
  • Options
    Wish i had known about this event, love the Raconteurs seeing them next Wednesday at hammersmith! Cannot wait, also seeing Nick Cave tonight and Springsteen at the Emirates at end of May so a big month for concerts for us, gives us something to do when there is no footie
  • Options
    It'll be full of Northern Monkeys I'm afraid, Radio 1 have a lot to answer for !
  • Options
    It'll be pony. End of.
  • Options
    I applied for tickets using Stone's address but didn't get them.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]It'll be pony. End of.

Not at all bitter are you
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]I applied for tickets using Stone's address but didn't get them.

Oh, another Maidstone address not getting tickets... there's a shock!
  • Options
    Most of Kent Applied but more than most were declined, so much for the locals getting preference eh ! Huge Own Goal by Radio 1.

I did get a DJ Plug last Saturday on Judge Jules show so cannot be too down on them :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]
    [cite]Oh, another Maidstone address not getting tickets... there's a shock!

But you don't live in Maidstone
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]
    [cite]Oh, another Maidstone address not getting tickets... there's a shock![/cite]
    [cite]

But you don't live in Maidstone[/cite]

Did I say that I did numbnuts? Oh, and learn how to quote.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Most of Kent Applied but more than most were declined, so much for the locals getting preference eh ! Huge Own Goal by Radio 1.

Apparently, they thought that ME1 was Maidstone... hence why a load of Medway chavs got most of the tickets...

Even people on the road outside Mote Park (which will be closed for the whole weekend) didnt get tickets!
  • Options
    Heh heh heh

Bloody shame you ask me! ME5 is where its at
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Most of Kent Applied but more than most were declined, so much for the locals getting preference eh ! Huge Own Goal by Radio 1.

Apparently, they thought that ME1 was Maidstone... hence why a load of Medway chavs got most of the tickets...

Even people on the road outside Mote Park (which will be closed for the whole weekend) didnt get tickets!

yawn
  • Options
    I'm so tired of it Stu I'll tell all the residents about the do they missed on my way out.

They will appreciate it
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    no loss for those without tickets
  • Options
    No loss Ken? The Fratellis are playing, worth going for them alone!

Looks like the "outdoor stage" is the one to be avoided.
  • Options
    Im going tommorow cant wait to see the enemy again.
  • Options
    Can here it from my back garden. Sound should carry better later for when Madge is on.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Was a good do, pleasure to see you Sco. Sorry for burning your eye mate!!

Excellent day load of us back at mine now for a pardew party. Carlsberg you will have a riot tomorrow put suncream on though!
  • Options
    How was Madge? I saw her in '87, thought she was shite. However she does produce some good studio stuff.
  • Options
    I thought she was shit. Just went through the motions to be honest
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]I thought she was shit. Just went through the motions to be honest

Heard some of her set on the radio earlier... sounded really poor. Wasnt impressed at all.

Come on then Dicko, who did you see?
  • Options
    Dizzee Rascal and the mildly solid crew (god knows who they were)

Fratelli's
    Nic Fanciulli who was the shizzle
    Fatboy Slim
    Hoosiers and the Feeling are not my cup of tea but there was loads of fit women watching them.
    Ting Tings who were brilliant

Most of all there was some stunningly fit women there, best time was to be had down the outdoor stage dancing like a nutter gurning like an idiot!
  • Options
    ScoSco
    edited May 2008
    I thought the beeb put on a really good event in all (was there on Saturday only). The cracking weather helped a lot but I saw plenty of great bands - Vampire Weekend, We Are Scientists, Guillemots & Editors. Caught the last few minutes of Mrs Ritchie and didn't feel any pangs of regret at missing her. The main marquee was absolutely gigantic.

By the way, this event moves around the country each year and so tickets will not exclusively be for locals as people from all over will want to catch the acts that they are interested in. Funny to see ticket touts for a free event - they got some stick!

Carter dazzled me with his glittery suncream - very fetching - and then blinded me with his cigarette ash!
  • Options
    thought it was blinding.
    saw;
    Black kids (suprisingly good).
    Justice was pleased to see the good lad gumbo in there giving it woop woop!
    Hot chip wasnt as good as i thouhgt they would be.
    zootons were brilliant.
    newton faulkner was very good done bohemian rapsody.
    Raconteurs were just fantastic and you can clearly see mee jumping around like a bell end right at the end of the set on the video online. i was right at the front.