Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is this true ?

As a good few who chat on here live over seas i wonder if they can tell me if this is true . Its from todays paper
" The hospital said, "" Unfortunatley being British, having a British passport,having been born in the UK, having property in the UK and paying NI contributions and UK taxes does not entitle you to free health care ""

Thats gota be wrong aint it ? since when did the welfare state stop then ?

Im sure its linked to amount of time your overseas.

Comments

• Options
    Sounds a bit off track to me....Ive not had any problems and I fit that criteria
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]
    " The hospital said, "" Fortunatley, not being British,not having a British passport,not having been born in the UK, having property in the UK paid for by british taxpayers and not paying NI contributions and UK taxes entitles you to absolutely bloody anything you want""

That's more like it !
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]As a good few who chat on here live over seas i wonder if they can tell me if this is true . Its from todays paper
    " The hospital said, "" Unfortunatley being British, having a British passport,having been born in the UK, having property in the UK and paying NI contributions and UK taxes does not entitle you to free health care ""

Thats gota be wrong aint it ? since when did the welfare state stop then ?

Im sure its linked to amount of time your overseas.

According to The Sun yesterday you get caught by this if you are overseas for more than 3 months!

Reading between the lines you are probably ok in another EU country but if you travel outside the EU tough titty!