Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Man U v Barca

1-0 man U HT.

Anyone watching. Cracking tension game, fluidity of some of Barca's breaks a joy to watch. Messi has a wand of a left foot.

Really think Man U need a 2nd goal.

Comments

• Options
    man u defence reminds me of ours at the moment
  • Options
    I think Messi is going to crack them in a minute, Ronaldo looks like he's carrying a knock, I know he's played a lot this season but he don't look at the races.

Barca keeper is having a Weaver and flapping like an injured seagul
  • Options
    there singin denis's song as well.
  • Options
    Great game, you have to wonder how the hell barca have been so toss this yr, domestically, well not toss but not up to their usual standards

not sure 2-0 will be enough, mind but united deff need another goal to hold barca a bit at arms length
  • Options
    Hows Allan Simonson doing is Mark Hulyer in the crowd scouting for him.
  • Options
    i'd like to see ronaldo score tonight
  • Options
    nani= lloyd sam
  • Options
    henry to put barca through sods law
  • Options
    I'd rather Barca went through than Manyoo. Hope Henry smashes em
  • Options
    great game, and an all English club final.

Messi - what a player though !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    well done mancs
  • Options
    didn't wanna post and jinx utd.
    have always had a soft spot for them since being dragged around the country by my dad to watch them.
    feel really pleased for scholes. fantastic player, never (caught) in fights in nightclubs or dogging/roasting scandals, and now he has a shot at winning a european final.
  • Options
    Couldn't disagree more. I hate United and everything about them, could not give a flying rats dick about 'English' clubs in Europe and actively hope the opposition not only win but throw a bit of embarrasment in for good measure. Shame I was disappointed tonight, funnily enough the local sounded well busy and will probably be full of plastics for the final who know nothing the same ones who get the hump and can't understand why I celebrate when Tottenham/Arsenal/United/Chelski/Scousers (delete as appropriate) get done. Especially the yids.

I think I'll start doing the fence that night
  • Options
    Did Ralph Milne get on for the final 20?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]Couldn't disagree more. I hate United and everything about them, could not give a flying rats dick about 'English' clubs in Europe and actively hope the opposition not only win but throw a bit of embarrasment in for good measure. Shame I was disappointed tonight, funnily enough the local sounded well busy and will probably be full of plastics for the final who know nothing the same ones who get the hump and can't understand why I celebrate when Tottenham/Arsenal/United/Chelski/Scousers (delete as appropriate) get done. Especially the yids.

I think I'll start doing the fence that night

Some peoples bitterness really amazes me.

Barc were a completely different side 2nd half, since Scholes goal till half time they looked locked on to score. Just didn't push on.
    Messi is one special player, Deco good too. Henry?? Waste of time.
    Utd's defence just got better and better.
  • Options
    Well you certainly won't be sitting on it Carter !!

I just appreciate good football, and can do so with a much more unbiaised eye now we are not competing in the same league as these teams. Man U play great football, and with an attacking verve as well. As do Arsenal.

With Chelsea and liverpool, its always been caution first. Really hope its a cracker tomorrow night, but if it is, then its likely to be a tactical cracker rather than a free-flowing one.
  • Options
    superb result and proves that the top league in the world is the premiership and that's where i want my team to be battling it out
  • Options
    I know Barca lost but for me any argument over who is the better player, Ronaldo or Messi was settled tonight. Messi is absolutely brilliant!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]superb result and proves that the top league in the world is the premiership and that's where i want my team to be battling it out

Yeah for one season like Derby.

The Prem is the top league but at what cost? IMO the most important one, the national side.
    How many English players play regulary in the top 4 every week? 10/12 out of 44 and usually none at Arsenal. Top English manager? Harry Redknapp.

All this crap about good players will break through is bollocks. The likes of Wenger and Benitez have no interest in our national team, and to be fair, why should they?

We wonder why we are not at Euro 2008.

The so called Golden Generation, Backs, Lamps, Terry, Ferdinand, Gerrard, Owen, Cole etc have let us down for too long. They must all go, we must stick in our U21's now, all of them, forget 2010 World Cup, lets work for Euro 2012 and WC 2014 in Brazil. A bit like France did when they didn't qualify for USA '94.

The Premiership has destroyed English football.
  • Options
    world cup
    1966 - qualified as hosts
    1970 - qualified as holders
    1974 - did not qualify
    1978 - did not qualify
    euro's
    1964 - did not qualify
    1972 - did not qualify
    1976 - did not qualify
    1984 - did not qualify

all the premierships fault!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm not sure why anyone would want a team with a good spattering of English players to lose against any foreign side (unless of course Palarse get promoted and do an Ipswich!!).

Messi, as said above, looks absolutely different class tonight. Although to say he's done Ronaldo in being the better player from one game seems a bit harsh. You don't get voted by your peers as being the best player in (arguably) the best league in the world without doing something right.
  • Options
    I'm not bitter, I just don't like anything about those clubs.

No class, if Barca had got an equaliser in the 93rd minute Ferguson would have gone apeshit and blamed everyone within earshot.

I have never liked any of them and can't bring myself to have an inkling of support for them. However it was a decent game with some very talented players on show.
  • Options
    Very well put Carter!!!!!!!
  • Options
    bang on carter - ferguson even got the gall to now come out moaning his team on the end of the all the bad decisions weeks after the french pratt at arsenal. Benitez now asking for strong ref - just need grant at chelsea to say drogba don't dive.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]man u defence reminds me of ours at the moment

keeping 2 clean sheets against Barca
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]man u defence reminds me of ours at the moment

keeping 2 clean sheets against Barca

To be fair, when was the last time Barcelona scored against us?
  • Options
    Good on you Carter. I couldn't agree more.

What have any of those clubs got to do with us? Well I'll tell you, just one thing: Every game they win makes the gulf between them and us all the bigger. I don't expect I'll ever see the day when Charlton could regularly beat Man Utd. But, as things stand I think I'll be lucky if I see us beat them just once in my lifetime. Every game they win and every trophy they win gives them more cash and more support amongst the know-nothing glory-hunting kiddies that form the vast majority of their passive supporter base. Every game they win and every trophy they win makes it just a little bit more unlikely that my slender dream of Charlton becoming the premier English side could ever bear fruit. For the sake of your own club and of every similar club to ours we should hope that these prima donnas get beaten every time they play foreign opposition.

There is nothing in it for us when these clubs win. Don't go thinking that they somehow represent the English, because they don't: They represent themselves and no-one else. Don't go thinking that there is any reflected glory, because their isn't any. And don't go thinking thay there is some strange trickle-down effect whereby smaller clubs somehow gain on the backs of the big boys' success. Because they don't, these big clubs have wrecked English football by turning it into a boring closed shop where only the elite few can win anything. The only thing that trickles down is their urine as they piss on the rest of us.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Harvey Gardens[/cite]
    There is nothing in it for us when these clubs win. Don't go thinking that they somehow represent the English, because they don't: They represent themselves and no-one else. Don't go thinking that there is any reflected glory, because their isn't any. .

Fair enough if that's how you feel.

But I reckon that if you lived abroad you'd feel differently.

For me it was music to my ears to hear the French commentators say 'for the first time ever, they'll be two English clubs in the final'

Don't forget that the only goal in 180 minutes of football was scored by an Englishman. 4 of Man Utd's team were English
    Last week 6 English players featured for Liverpool.
    If you think that isn't many then you're mistaken. It's virtually a team and that's not counting those that play for Chelsea ( at least 3)
    In France everybody supports Barcelona and Chelsea because of their 'French connections' - Drogba isn't even French FFS but if you went in a bar during the game you'd find that they all cheer for him. Now that's clutching at straws.

It makes up a bit for our failure to qualify for the Euros and to me proves that England's failure is due to the FA's incompetence. We should just take a good young English manager like Southgate (and Hoddle and MCLaren before him) and give him a 10 year contract and leave him to get on with it. After all we couldn't do any worse. England with it's all Italian management team is as foreign as any of the 3 clubs you're complaining about.
  • Options
    No Class? That's Liverpool innit?
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I reckon that if you lived abroad you'd feel differently.
    I expect you're right, but as I'm here....

[cite] Don't forget that the only goal in 180 minutes of football was scored by an Englishman. 4 of Man Utd's team were English
    Last week 6 English players featured for Liverpool.
    I don't think its got anything to do with the nationality of the players. Whether their first team has 11 or 0 English people, the simple fact is that they aren't representing the country they are representing themselves.