Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Next Seasons Squad

13»

Comments

• Options
    WSSWSS
    edited April 2008
    Give away our top scorer? Wow.

Who cost us nothing.

Surely based on their "job" we should get rid of Varney, Gray, McLeod first?

And he is our top scorer despite only starting 8 games this calendar year.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Give away our top scorer? Wow.

Who cost us nothing.

Surely based on their "job" we should get rid of Varney, Gray, McLeod first?

And he is our top scorer despite only starting 8 games this calendar year.

If a bid came in I'd get rid, we play very negative football when he's in the team, not he's thought admitidly, but personally I'd get rid of gray way b4 him,

I think he can do a job and if we had a midfield capable of putting a few passes 2gether and using a bit of width he could be leathal and cause mayhem in the box, not great with he's head but always awkward marking a big man in the danger area. However we don't, and using him as a 'target man' clearly hasn't worked, we don't have a midfiled willing to support him the few times he has managed to hold up the ball without fouling or falling over himself
  • Options
    Im with you WSS i cant level any blame at big Chris at all scored when asked too and not started enough compared to his goals, Yes Varney scored 2 against that lot from Shit hurst but has failed to impress me apart from that yet big Chris is getting the blame for shite loads
  • Options
    SE7SE7
    edited April 2008
    STARTERING- NOT INCLUDING SIGNINGS

Keeper - Weaver

Backs - Moutaouakil, Bougherra, Basey, Thatcher

Middle - Sam, Holland, Shevley, Thomas

Front - Varney, Iwelumo
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CAFC_4_LIFE[/cite]STARTERING- NOT INCLUDING SIGNINGS

Keeper - Weaver

Backs - Moutaouakil, Bougherra, Basey, Thatcher

Middle - Sam, Holland, Shevley, Thomas

Front - Varney, Iwelumo

finish about mid table with that team I'm afraid.
  • Options
    Varney and Iwelumo have both scored about 1 goal every 3 games based on starting appearances.

Not sure why Iwelumo gets such a bad press, cost nothing and scored some vital goals this season.

Wouldnt have him in a starting XI next season but definitely keep him.