Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

So lets be honest now.....

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2008
    We can all try to be objective but our objectivity is shaped by our own life exeriences. ( OU Social Science Foundation course).

Standing in the rain all those years ago in a 3,000 crowd watching us beat halifax.
    Prefering night games so you didnt see the huge gaps in the terraces.
    Hoping that the free transfer from Hudddersfield would be that special find.
    Fighting religation 3 years on the trot and then going down to the Third Division.
    To many tiny false dawns to count.
    Of course this year would be ours, wouldnt it ? they never were.

Its great to remember the good days of promotion to the prem, Wembley and some of the players we have had recently, but God they were so many many years of pain and rubbish. Dont wanna go back to that dark place.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]"Clowns to the left of you jokers to the right here i am stuck in the middle with you"

LOL!

Perhaps that's what we're like now .....!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]for me it's the lack of fight that hurts most,if we had a lack of ability fair enough,but i still say with the squad we have automatic promotion should have been achievable and play off's should have been a certainty so im with Len most dissapointing since 1980/81

I agree that a top six finish was achievable with this squad but not automatic.
  • Options
    94/95 was a pretty crap season.

I really cant see how anyone has 'enjoyed' this season.

Yes we have had a few good days, Palace home and away, Blackpool weekend was a laugh etc but this has been the least enjoyable season I have experienced in 23 years as a Season Ticket Holder.

I can handle us being crap, dont watch Charlton for the glory, but we are a different club to the one in the mid 90's and expectations are rightly higher, sadly I can only see us going further down the league next season.
  • Options
    stoke at home was good wasn it?

i thought we were going to storm it after that game... how flat it went.
  • Options
    so did i b
  • Options
    so not so long ago people thought we were going to storm it but now it is wrist-slitting time?
  • Options
    Well now isnt it obvious we are not going to storm it?

im not slitting my wrist just stating what i thinnk.
  • Options
    81/82 was pretty awful....seen a lot of highs and lows over the years, but agree with Smudge, this season was more disappointing than last......Close season I predicted 12th....then I got sucked into Pardews positive spin and said maybe 8th.....however, with the squad we had, we should have been so much better. It promised much and delivered....nothing. I just hope its not the start of a wholesale slide......lets hope not eh.....
  • Options
    has to be the worst season in over twenty five years,
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]so not so long ago people thought we were going to storm it but now it is wrist-slitting time?

Nothing wrong with an occassional dose of realism Salad.

I think the current likely scenario is that this summer we are likely to have to reduce our wage bill further, sell players, and bring in replacements for peanuts. This on the back of the relegation form of the last 23 games.

Doesn't inspite confidence does it ? Despite that, a bit of blind optimism certainly doesn't go amiss.

OUR club is going to need OUR support even more than ever in the next couple of years.
  • Options
    Think the vast majority of fans expected more than we got out of the team and management this season. With that aquad I personnally think the playoffs should have been a cert. To blame the fans for negativity is ludicrous. We saw some really really awful performances at The Valley....Remember Colchester ! and I can`t even say we had loads of bad luck. No team in this seasons championship was head and shoulders better and make no mistake Charlton missed as good an opportunity to get promoted this season as they ever will have. I make next season a much tougher division to get out of. Dissapointed...Too damned right I am. Am I always negative ? people who know me would say the opposite. Can I see light at the end of the tunnel ? Not at the moment.
  • Options
    I think that is a pretty honest, and accurate assessment of the current picture SHG
  • Options
    So we came down and thought wed do a blinding job and deep down we all thought that we could bounce back, right.....

Well the expectation has now dropped like a stone of a cliff and theres plenty of people very worried about us doing a forest/sheff weds/etc.....

so with no real expectation..... could that be the dose that just some how sorts us?

Just a thought.... im going to sleep now.... its half eleven ....night
  • Options
    NSS you summed it up bud Lack of fight not the only right words for me, Lack of Bottle, Lack of team spirt, Lack of Experience, Lack of bonding with the fans, Lack of cutting edge

this season lacked every thing shite i am suicidal again wheres oggy put some positive spin on it for me bud
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    deff worst season I remeber, but then again I'm 25 so have lived through the 'glory years' and only remeber being taken the piss outa alot at sch for not havin our own ground, I liked that under dog status we had thou.

This yrs mainly been such a disappointment because , I don't mind losing to 'small teams' away from hme (I don't like it but can live with it), Its the crap we played at home that has annoyed me so much, and to add to that embarrisment from our support (which I must admit pay their money so are more than welcome to vent their anger - I have after games, and then ranted for several days there after to every living soul), turning on the team so so early, more often than not in the first half.

The team has been a joke and we as fans have personified their performances on the field to our support off it, if that makes sense??

I'm so so so disappointed with the way this season has gone, but find myself already dreaming of the prospect of next season??!!!
  • Options
    The good thing about this broken wrist, is that I can't type a long response to this thread now, maybe in 3 weeks when the cast is off i might.

Lack of belief for me is the main problem in all departments
  • Options
    Why do the commercial department lack belief ffs ;0)
  • Options
    can't get a sponsor, no belief in them ;O)
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    [cite]Posted By: scruffle[/cite]

The team has been a joke and we as fans have personified their performances on the field to our support off it, if that makes sense??

So basically the team and supporters deserve each other ..........?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I was relying on you Ogg to cheer me up
  • Options
    I'm having a crap day myself, NLA.
    *can't find rose-tinted specs*

Now who's gonna cheer ME up......???
  • Options
    well it wont be AFKA or NSS thats for sure
  • Options
    hi ya oggy whats up m8
  • Options
    there you go Oggy the caring sharing Charlton lifers swing into action just like samaratans i reckon they could have dedicated a number for just us this year
  • Options
    Ah....... I'm really touched, my sharing, caring cyber mates.
    Fanx you lot!

NLA - love your idea of an emergency dedicated Samaritans number for stressed out, can't take anymore, Pards out Angry Brigade supporters.

Could even have a special number for Charlton Lifers when Charlie_Block posts.

;o)
  • Options
    you love us really oggy
  • Options
    course I do, NSS *blows sloppy kiss*
  • Options
    Thats what were here for oggs atleast we can give your neighbours a shoeing on their manor again as well.

now its just AFKA we need to help come on NSS bring out the cuddle jumper and put it over smudges head
  • Options
    get a room you lot!