Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The new CEO is............

CHGCHG
edited April 2008 in General Charlton
Big Steve Waggott.

Comments

• good, great bloke
  • Loves a bev.
  • Just read the report on the OS.

Congratulations Steve, and the very best of luck.
  • WSSWSS
    edited April 2008
    Best of luck Steve.

If his community work is anything to go by i am confident the club is in excellent hands. It feels me with greater confidence that PV was involved in the selection process as well.
  • who the feck is he?
  • what do you know about him rothers?
  • Isn't he the guy who runs the Trust?
  • http://www.cafc.co.uk/newsview.ink?nid=32349

He was the Chief Exec of the Community Trust nss.
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Best of luck Steve.

If his community work is anything to go by i am confident the club is in excellent hands. It feels me with greater confidence that PV was involved in the selection process as well.

thats very sporting of you considering he pipped you to the post.
  • Sponsored links:

• i said it was an in house appointment
  • he plays golf in the same society as me. nice bloke. geordie i think.
  • [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite].

how repetetive can you be!!
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Best of luck Steve.

can only take your word for it WSS as I never met the bloke, know nowt about him and cannot say much about his community work as I live some 150 miles from The Valley.
  • [cite]Posted By: Charlie Block[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Best of luck Steve.

can only take your word for it WSS as I never met the bloke, know nowt about him and cannot say much about his community work as I live some 150 miles from The Valley.

You know about care in the community though
  • Used to be Andy Cole's agent when he was at the toon, I believe.
  • Good luck to him (christ he'll need it)

Lose the David Brent goatee and you'll be fine.
  • Did the board head hunt any decent outsiders ?
  • Good news. Good bloke, knows the club and its ethos and should be a smooth handover.

Does talk a bit funny but otherwise very pleased.
  • Sponsored links:

• Can only echo what's been said by other people. Top bloke and the right man to take the reigns at our club.
  • I'm blaming him for next years relegation
  • he's a bloody northerner nearly a jock ffs.

LOL

He obviously did a good job at the trust and knows the club so sounds like a good appointment.
  • Had no dealings with him, and know little about him. Just hope we've pitched high enough because its a massive leap from running the trust to the football club.

Varney made a similar sized leap when he took it on, if he is half as successful then we have appointed well.
  • He was recently featured in an article in the Express

Express article

Sounds like a decent chap.
  • I'm a little surprised that we didn't head-hunt the Chief Exec from another Club BUT I know nothing about this bloke and wish him all the best.
  • [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]He was recently featured in an article in the Express

Express article

Sounds like a decent chap.

good article but 'each member of Alan Pardew’s rapidly-improving team'. LOL !!!!
  • don't forget large at the time of the article we were 5th;-)
  • yep my everlasting memory of the season the immortal word's

AT LEAST WE'RE STILL 5TH
  • i don't think we'll ever be 5th again ,maybe 4th or 6th but we've worn out 5th
    next season it'll be 'we're not going down we're 5th bottom you can't get relegated there' ;-0