Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

This Single Status

Hows it work?

Been searching seems teh Mrs should get it, but after speaking to someone they say she is not

She has worked at this place 5 years on p**s poor wages, school leaver office junior rate if im honest.

Her boss put he name down for it they say no??

Is there a certain Criteria they need to meet

Comments

• Options
    eh?
  • Options
    single - unmarried??

:)
  • Options
    what youve dumped your missus and her boss said no

lost me leftie
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]Hows it work?

Been searching seems teh Mrs should get it, but after speaking to someone they say she is not

She has worked at this place 5 years on p**s poor wages, school leaver office junior rate if im honest.

I presume she works in the public sector? I understood it that it was introduced to reduce pay inequality, but was pretty much negotiated between individual councils and the unions, so I would get onto her union (assuming she is a member) in the first instance.
  • Options
    ha ha no LOL

Its a new pay to make people across local goverment departments equal

As some have been left behind some doing a lesser job get more

Its a balanceing excerise
  • Options
    edited April 2008

What does your wife do?

It was for manaul workers, i.e. cleaners, cooks etc, to bring them in line with office workers grades and salaries.

Some of the cleaners from my office have taken home a nice 15k cheque as an ex-gratia payment because of single status.
  • Options
    She is office Admin but teh position was created for her and when teh revied her pay she was on a old pay scale hence the boss putting her in for it as other Admin in the office have got it and she is on lower pay than all of them.

She has a contact thre trying to get her to call them and find out more info for me
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]

What does your wife do?

It was for manaul workers, i.e. cleaners, cooks etc, to bring them in line with office workers grades and salaries.

Some of the cleaners from my office have taken home a nice 15k cheque as an ex-gratia payment because of single status.

Do you work for Greenwich Council? I did hear that some manual workers were getting 9 years back-pay and getting £25k in their April pay packets.
  • Options
    Yeah I do mate, think someones pulling your whatsit. As far as I know the backpay is only till last April but some people are getting cheques up to about 20k.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    yeah the bird she works with got 2.5k

Yes mine works for LBG
  • Options
    if she does work for greenwich then only the manual workers jobs have been re-evaluated. the white collar jobs are going to be done by 2012 (i think).
    greenwich back pay goes back 6 years. the agreement means the most someone could get is £20,100.