Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Wolves and Hull...

So, are we all really big Wolves and Hull fans this weekend, I most certainly am?

Comments

• Got to be ...... at least everyone on here should be an 'anti-Palace' fan.

It doesn't matter who goes up - as long as it's not the Stripeys. Please God.......
  • I am so desperate for them to fail over the next two games that I still feel like my season is alive.
  • 3 things matter to me until the end of the season...

1. Palace don't get promoted (and don't even make the Play offs with a bit of luck) - don't give a monkeys who else gets up!
    2. We see some of the academy boys on the pitch in the last two games
    3. I get a day out in Manchester for the UEFA Cup Final and Gers do the quadruple
  • yep, go wolves
  • Support who you like folks.

I'll be supporting my team, we still have something to play for..................................
  • still can't beat us though SOS...........................
  • [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]still can't beat us though SOS...........................

That was community work....we got a grant from the government ;-)

I don't actually think/expect that we will go up......so at least we can correct that next season.
  • i hope you do Palace - give us something to laugh at next season.
  • I'd almost be gutted (but not quite) if we went up.

Since warnock has come in it's been great watching him change the attitude of the team and seeing youngsters like Hills, Robinson, scannell, moses and bostock getting a chance alongside other home grown talent in Watson, Soares and Morrison has been great.

If we were to go up, I'd only really enjoy it if then youngsters are still given a run........ reality is though that most sides that go up waste money on journeyman like quashie, thatcher etc

If that's the case, I'd rather stay in the championship and keep developing these players and seeing them play for us before they eventually get sold for a tidy sum.......I know where we fit in the food chain!

I think CAFC have major problems for next season.
  • dont really matter what league we are in , how bad we play, we will always look down on Palarse.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: son of selhurst[/cite]I'd almost be gutted (but not quite) if we went up.

Since warnock has come in it's been great watching him change the attitude of the team and seeing youngsters like Hills, Robinson, scannell, moses and bostock getting a chance alongside other home grown talent in Watson, Soares and Morrison has been great.

If we were to go up, I'd only really enjoy it if then youngsters are still given a run........ reality is though that most sides that go up waste money on journeyman like quashie, thatcher etc

If that's the case, I'd rather stay in the championship and keep developing these players and seeing them play for us before they eventually get sold for a tidy sum.......I know where we fit in the food chain!

you talk allot of sense sometime (for a Nigel of course)
  • Massive Wolves fan tomorrow, love the Tigers as well.
  • edited April 2008
    [quote][cite]Posted By: son of selhurst[/cite]
    If we were to go up, I'd only really enjoy it if then youngsters are still given a run........ reality is though that most sides that go up waste money on journeyman like [b]quashie[/b] thatcher etc
    [/quote]

You'll have to find him first
    http://www.kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=102125&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

*edit for the 1000th time* Grrrrrrr I give uptrying to quote and link in the same post
  • ha ha, thats pretty funny Mortain.

We could do one for Cory Gibbs if only we knew what he looked like in the first place.
  • Like it mortain............hopefully when he is found, it's not by us!
    [cite]Posted By: CHG[/cite]Massive Wolves fan tomorrow, love the Tigers as well.

All wolves fan's are massive fact! Must be that black country diet.....
  • u'll sell most the youngsters though if u dont go up.
  • [cite]Posted By: matt896[/cite]u'll sell most the youngsters though if u dont go up.

Very unlikely for next season, unless we get a silly bid for one of them, but we certainly wont be selling "most" of them next season.
  • [cite]Posted By: son of selhurst[/cite]

SOS - you generally talk a lot of sense (for a stripey Nigel), would be ineterested to know why you think we have major problems for next season? Admittedly our end to this season has been pretty dire but I still think we're not far off of having a really decent Championship squad, next season could be another disappointing one if we don't add the correct players but not sure I'd say 'major problems'?
  • I'd love to see Hull make it this year, even though they were cack both games we played them.
    It just goes to show what a bit of confidence can do for a very ordinary team.

My reason is, Hull City have never played top flight football before.
    This is the big chance for their supporters to have their day in the sun.

Every supporter of any proper club (non-media circus) deserves to get their glory days.
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]It just goes to show what a bit of confidence can do for a very ordinary team.

My reason is, Hull City have never played top flight football before.
    This is the big chance for their supporters to have their day in the sun.

Every supporter of any proper club (non-media circus) deserves to get their glory days.

i like that way of thinking oggy
  • Sponsored links:

• The worse thing about Hull is Phil Brown i really cant stand him

but i would like to see Hull go up
  • [cite]Posted By: PassItToLeaburn[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: son of selhurst[/cite]

SOS - you generally talk a lot of sense (for a stripey Nigel), would be ineterested to know why you think we have major problems for next season? Admittedly our end to this season has been pretty dire but I still think we're not far off of having a really decent Championship squad, next season could be another disappointing one if we don't add the correct players but not sure I'd say 'major problems'?

The main reasons being that I believe that this is your 4th consecutive season of decline. I think and reading this site, quite a few of you agree that your current squad does not have the necessary balls to fight in the matches where fight is just as important as technical ability.

The main problem though to be brutally honest is pardew...... I'll never forget how he cracked under pressure in the play-off final for wham against us....the most bizzare substitutions I have ever seen.

I think he has now assembled a very average championship forward line for you.......and he clearly thinks it himself by brining in lita.

Being really objective, there is probably only two players in your squad I'd like at Palace.......which if I'm honest I would have expected that number to have been at least 7.

I honestly think if you give pardew 10 million to spend and he would not get you up. His promotion record is only via the play-offs and he lost 2 of the 3 finals he has reached. And the game he did win PNE were awful....although I'm sure mortain will say differently.

West Ham and Reading have both done better since he left. Although financially West Ham are different club now to the one he managed to be fair.

But it's just an opinion......and no doubt most will think this is from an anti- cafc perspective.

I hope he stays ;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: son of selhurst[/cite]

But it's just an opinion......and no doubt most will think this is from an anti- cafc perspective.

Bizarre - why would we think that? After all, you lot "don't care" about us - do you?

450-odd visits to this site in approx 18 months - and those are just when you've logged in - proves that, of course!
  • To be fair to SOS - He gives as good as he gets and doesn't shy away from issues (also despises Jordan, acknowledges the fact we gave them a good shoeing).
  • edited April 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: son of selhurst[/cite]

Bizarre - why would we think that? After all, you lot "don't care" about us - do you?

450-odd visits to this site in approx 18 months - and those are just when you've logged in - proves that, of course!

You're better than that off_it
  • Actually I quite like SoS, he could really be rubbing it in right now, but give credit to him he speaks some sense. I can'r say I agree 100% with him but he backs his opinions up with something more than rhetoric.
  • agree with bfr here.

personally i think wolves will blow it and palarse will nip in to the play offs. drat!
  • If Palace can't get something against Burnley at home with the huge incentive of a play off place then they deserve to fail.

They are in pole position and have their destiny firmly in their own hands.
  • I agree with MCS, SOS is welcome on here any time in my book. He keeps it civilised and does not resort to the petty mud-slinging that gets so, so boring after a while.
  • [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]If Palace can't get something against Burnley at home with the huge incentive of a play off place then they deserve to fail.

They are in pole position and have their destiny firmly in their own hands.

It depends on how Palace handle the tension - and expectation to succeed.