Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket

MCSMCS
edited November 2006 in Other Football and Sports
I no this is not the major agenda for today, but i really cant get my head round this neither!

Tresco omitted frrom ashes squad

Comments

• He's been suffering from a form of depression for the last year or so. Hope he gets better soon.
  • Cricket...a very stressful sport....
  • "Cricket...a very stressful sport...."

Don't be ignorant, depression has nothing to do with playing cricket and is a disease that affects people from all walks of life, rich, poor and includes sportsmen and women.
  • Lets hope he can get over this, i rate him highly, espesh at 1st slip! I think we have enough cover ie Ally cook to come in and cover his opening role, but a big loss to the slip fielders imo.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]"Cricket...a very stressful sport...."

Don't be ignorant, depression has nothing to do with playing cricket and is a disease that affects people from all walks of life, rich, poor and includes sportsmen and women.[/quote]

I apologise for my comments...
  • [cite]Posted By: 04_MCS[/cite]Lets hope he can get over this, i rate him highly, espesh at 1st slip! I think we have enough cover ie Ally cook to come in and cover his opening role, but a big loss to the slip fielders imo.

Very big as Flintoff as captain like Vaughan also relied a lot on his tactical acumen in that position.
  • Yeah, tresco and vaughny, 2 major losses for english cricket. Espesh Micky V
  • [cite]Posted By: 04_MCS[/cite] Espesh Micky V

only you could make the england cricket captain sound like a late eighties house dj.
  • A lot of cricketers suffer and have suffered from depression to the extent that they commit suicide. A book has been written on the subject called Silence Of The Heart by David Frith.

Amongst the cases chronicled are Stuart Leary, ex CAFC and Kent, and Danny Kelleher, ex Kent.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2006
    David Bairstow also committed suicide.

More recently Graham Thorpe and Ashley Giles have been sufferers from depression.
  • This book is a good read - also Bairstow ex Yorkshire Capt and WK

Danny Kelleher was never the same after I bowled him out and then hit him for 3 fours on the spin whilst playing for Bexleyheath School :-)
  • David Bairstow is also in the book.