Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Your First ever salary

2»

Comments

• £35 per week working as an office junior in St James Park, one of my first jobs was to ensure the drinks cabinet in the boardroom was always full, at home I had the best drinks for miles, with my first weeks wages I bought 2 LP's (remember them) Supertramp - Breakfast in America and Sex Pistols - Great Rock n Roll Swindle and a Detroit Express footie shirt!
  • £3,500 per annum in 1985 working at London Bridge. My desk to platform 4 - 5 minutes. 12 minutes to Catford Bridge station. Best commute I ever had.
  • did you drink in the copperfield in those days chicago
  • [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]now £5k a week as a electrician

LOL
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]did you drink in the copperfield in those days chicago[/quote]

Did indeed Nolly. Often a swifty on the way home, and back then regularly on a Friday night before going down the Prince Henry for afters.
  • the prince is closed,but looks like a refurb,dont no if its getting done into flats or a pub again.
  • £12 per week in 1976 as an apprentice car mechanic......didnt last that long and moved into printing which paid slightly better but not as much as people thought.
  • 1985 - £50.00 take home a week
  • Tel i was one in 1976 LOL
  • About £6,500 per annum at Lloyds TSB in 1987
  • Sponsored links:

• 37.5p per hour as a car park attendant in a local supermarket, £1.50 for 4 hours on a Saturday 1975
  • £5k per year at Warburton's bakery in Bolton. Some interesting football connections..

my boss was the son of Jimmy Armfield

Warburtons owned Bolton Wanderers - used to see then boss Phil Neal at the factory - all the time as he was brought in to be toasted by the Warburton family as things were going wrong.

Working on the end of a conveyor belt, taking bread tins off & stacking them on pallets 9 hours a day, 6 days a week was former Man Utd, Man City, Newcastle & Wakes forward Wyn Davies.
  • did you meet mr warburton and is he like the adverts
  • I did - not sure which one they use today - i knew them all - it was a very, old fashioned Northern company in its management style - not much had changed since the 19th century.....you wouldn't have found management consultants, blue skies thinking or team building exercises in that place back then. The bakers really did spend their lunch breaks taking their whippets (who had been locked up in the car all morning) for a walk.
  • edited April 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite] The bakers really did spend their lunch breaks taking their whippets (who had been locked up in the car all morning) for a walk.

LOL I've just pissed myself reading this
  • £12 a week, paper round just started. : - )
  • First wage was £2.63ph in Tesco at Foots Cray in 1991.
    First salary £15k graduate trainee programmer 1997
  • First saturday job - 17 quid a day in a fishmonger's in Nunhead

First 'real' salaried job - nightclub bar manager - about 600 quid a week with 'tips' (i.e. thieving money that was for soft drinks - not ringing it through the till cos it was all post-mix and untraceable) :o)

Left that when I was 21 for IT and didn't earn that amount again for about ten ****in years!
  • 25 pound a week yts scheme as a painter
  • £45k per annum, plus company car plus 30% bonus.

like feck!

£18k per year as a Graduate in Marketing in 2000
  • Sponsored links:

• A merchant navy apprentice in 1963 on £9/month, yes month, but booze and cigs were duty free and there's not much to spend it on a sea but in port was another story!
  • Something like £4.8k pa - back in 1988.

Relatively speaking, it's just about the richest i've ever been I reckon.