Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Dickson Etuhu

edited April 2008 in Rumours
Theres rumours that we are after Etuhu of Sunderland start of the 'strength' in the side campaign. A big bugger i seem to remember. Dont know if he is any good.

Also on addicketed.net that Darren Huckerby is on a bosman a usuful addition to the sqaud ?

Comments

• Etuhu, looked good at Preston and Curbs was rumoured to be sniffing around, then went to Norwich I think and started the season well at Sunderland, but has not entirely cut it. Good strong midfielder, kind of a Championship Viera
  • would be a good start but is he not injury prone
  • both would usefull if you get huckerby right and treat him right i have always thought him to be a talent
  • Huckerby is a bit old now though.
  • Huckerby is past it now, maybe as a squad player, but would rather see Yeates of Col U or Hollighan of Blackpool
  • huckerby's too old
  • We definitaly need 2-3 Stoke style 6ft plus players to add strength particularly in the centre of the park. I always thought that Zheng would get stuck in more after hearing about his 'reputation' but this is the one element I dont think he has brought to the side.
  • it looks like that kevin phillips is going to be up for grabs.
  • Now although he is old, Phillips would be interesting to say the least!
  • edited April 2008
    [cite]Posted By: pete_tong1[/cite]it looks like that kevin phillips is going to be up for grabs.

Would have thought the reason he is leaving because he just wants one last pay day. I'm sure the new slim line CAFC wouldnt be able to afford him.
  • Sponsored links:

• think its because he wants a 2yr deal and they only wanna offer him one. he would score goals, but it goes back to us needing to have the players to create for him
  • [cite]Posted By: charlton_carl[/cite]think its because he wants a 2yr deal and they only wanna offer him one. he would score goals, but it goes back to us needing to have the players to create for him

Yes but the confidence of that having Mendonca in the side brought to the team cannot be underestimated. Phillips is clever enough to create the odd chance and a lot of space for himself, he will help a team as they will always think he will get them a goal.
  • Have him, should have got him years ago before he went to Southampton and we dithered then, if i was Pardew, i would do my bussines as soon as possible, tell the players to get to pre season early and spend time on the players getting to know each other and working on tactics and fitness,
  • ' if i was Pardew, i would do my bussines as soon as possible, tell the players to get to pre season early and spend time on the players getting to know each other and working on tactics and fitness, '

Yeah and get them down to spearmint rhino for some squad bonding lol
  • i am not saying he would be a bad signing have thought he was quality since he was at watford, if we could get him it would be a very good signing despite his age.

Its just another player that we would have to play to his strengths, not just lump high balls up to him
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: pete_tong1[/cite]' if i was Pardew, i would do my bussines as soon as possible, tell the players to get to pre season early and spend time on the players getting to know each other and working on tactics and fitness, '

Yeah and get them down to spearmint rhino for some squad bonding lol[/quote] Or tell them that if they didnt do the business that they will to g oround the oak and con club and explain there performances to the fans
  • i dont think KP would come to us he really dont like us much. y else would you always score against us i mean what did we ever to too him
  • So many players mentioned b4 the end of the season

I doubt we will see any
  • If WBA let Kevin Philips go then they would need their heads testing. Take him out of their side and they'd be lucky to be in the Play Offs. I'd walk from Brisbane to Charlton if we could sign him next season.
  • WBA will let him go i have no doubt about that what he asks for and what he gets will be miles apart IMO and then he will sign for Derby you heard it here 1st folks
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]WBA will let him go i have no doubt about that what he asks for and what he gets will be miles apart IMO and then he will sign for Derby you heard it here 1st folks

A well proven goal scorer, if they let him go then for their sakes I hope they have someone lined up.