Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Royal Tavern

edited April 2008 in Not Sports Related
Well it looks really good

Comments

• edited April 2008
    You been in yet? Is it open?
  • Me and the wife drove past today,looks very good,will be paying it a visit soon,yes open fella
  • I live opposite and not even noticed it was open yet! It certainly wasn't 2 weeks ago because the Mrs had a look. I'll have to pop over then.
  • Its a Gastro pub now,looks really good,it must of opened sat or today as i drove back from oxford on friday night about 8.15 and was closed.
  • Tavern> me and les will have to meet you and the wife for lunch in there one sunday!
  • [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]Tavern> me and les will have to meet you and the wife for lunch in there one sunday!

Sounds great
  • opens tonight, mate. my dad will be checking it out after work.
  • [cite]Posted By: les_says[/cite]opens tonight, mate. my dad will be checking it out after work.

I am going to go in there soon fella
  • looks fantastic might have to pay a visit with my bro.
  • I think they are leaning heavily on the food side as its actually now owned by a food catering company.

the Royal will serve “traditional pub food with a holistic twist” using locally sourced ingredients, and will be headed up by Artizian sous chef Abraham Torre.

food
  • Sponsored links:

• "locally sourced ingredients" How about The Pardew Special ? looks great on the menu tasts like sh*t though.
  • "locally sourced ingredients" - there's a fresh supply of duck in the Tarn next door! Would give the "rodent surprise" a miss though!!!
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Tavern[/cite]Well it looks really good[/quote]

Drove past the other week, looked like flat conversions to me, glad to see otherwise, to many boozers dying in SE London/Kent.
  • Well popped in last night.Very good,well worth a stop off if your in the area
  • Tavern did u have the Pardew Special ? Looks the muts nuts but gives you the shi*s ?
  • [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Tavern did u have the Pardew Special ? Looks the muts nuts but gives you the shi*s ?

Stuck to the fosters m8
  • Tavern not sure what time people are meeting down bexley tmorrow. Some want to start there and head back to North Woolwich early evening. Some wantto start in Woolwich as we did last year. Best guess 5 PM ish in Bexley.

DA-9 what time do you think you will down Bexley ?
  • its gone all a fancy - food pub. Not sure the old regulars will be comfortable drinking in there as its more a place you go to eat rather than boisterous and drunk.
  • Last time i was in there was after Jimmy Garrets funeral. It was a pub then. Big Dunk holding court at the bar + loads of old Eltham faces about.
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]its gone all a fancy - food pub. Not sure the old regulars will be comfortable drinking in there as its more a place you go to eat rather than boisterous and drunk.

did you see Les' dad in there last night?
  • Sponsored links:

• No. We went round the corner from the bar about 8.30 to eat.
  • Well that didnt last long for any of Mottingham folk. Closing again soon. Shame as i liked the sunday roast in there.
  • To be fair, Mottingham isn't the greatest choice of venue for a "gastro" pub. Shame really, but I guess that's just how it is these days.
  • gastroitis maybe