Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

How far

edited April 2008 in Not Sports Related
Do people have to travel to get to their place of work. I mean to the starting point not throughout the day just to like the office or the yard?

Me 30 miles to the yard. Leave at about 6.20-35 get home at a pretty similar time in the evening (I'm not whingeing by the way!).

And also dog owners, how long do your dogs get left alone for on average whilst the house/family are out?

Comments

• work in peckham, dont start till 10 so leave at ten past 9 and get there between nine 50 and 10 am sometimes 10 o one or ten oh 2, 3 and four, dont remember being later than ten oh 4. Work till 6 officially then overtime if i leave at 7 takes me half hour, 8 and it takes 24 minutes, cant complain really
  • leave at 7.30 - 20 mins walk to work - home at 6.30 - sometimes later.

No dog but Cat gets left at least 11 hours - he probably loves it.
  • 25 minute walk at moment.
    When I move to Bermuda, hoping to get the ferry.
    No pets.
  • 5 minutes on the scooter. 2 Dogs home all day till just after 5, but let out by my old man at lunch for pooing.
  • Live in Eltham work at London Bridge so 30 mins tops.Cat at home all day with bowl of food and dirt tray.
  • DA9DA9
    edited April 2008
    Currently, about 2 miles, 10-15 minute drive depending on the route I take, live near Bluewater, work in Dartford centre, leave home just after 7am to drop er indoors at station, start at 8am, keyholder so I get to let myself in for a coffee and catch up on emails/internet/CL before I start.
  • 30 miles (Approx) by coach from Medway to Canary Wharf I get on the coach at 7am and am normally at my desk at 8am depending on whether the Blackwall Tunnel is behaving!!!

Get home roughly 6:45 / 7pm of a night. I have a cat so he's happy to sleep all day.

:o)
  • 25 miles from Redhill to Egham round the good old M25 - can take anywhere from 35 minutes to an hour and 35 minutes - Fridays are the best, was in work at 7.45am.

Getting home is usually good, leave work at 5pm and usually home for 6pm.

I have no pets, it's a struggle looking after myself nevermind an animal :-)
  • Live in Eltham (shortly moving to Welling, should I change my username ?!?!) work in Holborn so a stroll from Charing X

40 mins door to door, leave at 7.15 in the morning home by 6.
  • Abbey Wood to St James Park
    LEave at 7.10 in work 8.15

Dog gets left 6 hours a day and is as good as gold for a puppy anyway
  • Sponsored links:

• 2 buses,rail and tube. leave home at 06.45 get in at 8am. On the edge ofthe known World.

Leave at 16.30 home by 17.30 in Gods country.
  • Live in a pretty little village called Millbrook, nearly by the sea.
    We'm as happy as a pigs in muck, living the Millbrook way.
    Up with the sun when the Giro's come,
    And pissed for the rest of the day!

Ah, life in idyllic Cornwall........

When I worked in Plymouth city centre my commute was a doddle, cycle 3 miles alomgside the creek and catch the pedestrian Cremyll Ferry to Plymouth, then 20 mins walk to City Centre.

But I work near Ivybridge and after queuing for the Torpoint Ferry and right the way across rush hour Plymouth, can easily take an hour and a half each way. Leave 7 30 in the morning and get back about 6 45 at night.

3 hours of the day wasted travelling & that's the bit of the job that truly knackers you.

My sweet boy child is 20 now, although he still lives with me, sorts himself out.
    The cat, Psycho, fends for himself during the day and pounces on me when I get home.
  • [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]Live in Eltham (shortly moving to Welling, should I change my username ?!?!.

Change your user name? We're on a 2 match unbeaten run - how about WellingUpWithPride..........?
    You can always change it when we lose again!

;o)
  • I work from home...

If it's any compensation the head office is seven long hours away by rail.
  • 10 mins door to door

no pets that need walking
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]Live in Eltham (shortly moving to Welling, should I change my username ?!?!.

Change your user name? We're on a 2 match unbeaten run - how about WellingUpWithPride..........?
    You can always change it when we lose again!

;o)

I like it !!
  • Two days a week I work from home, the other three days I commute from just south of oxford to edgbaston in birmingham. Takes about an hour and ten, the M40 is such a great road (traffic always moving and not many/any cameras).
  • edited April 2008
    Live in Welling, work in Dartford, 10 -15 to get in. Pick daughter and dog up from in-laws in Eltham then home, about 1 hr.
    Take the dog every morning about 5.30 - 5.45 for an hour, he like a sniff around fanny in morning.
    Don't start work till 9, usually in about 7.30. Leave at 5 if I can.
  • get 2 buses to work or walk part of the way, usually takes about 30 mins (when the kids are off - last day for that today - boo) of about 50 - 1hr when they're back
    takes 55 mins if i walk the whole way
    buying a car soon and it'll take about 20 mins. its about 3.5 miles.
  • WSSWSS
    edited April 2008
    Live in Dartford
    Leave home at 7.20
    Get train at 7.30
    Get bus (london bridge) at 8.05
    Get to work (chancery lane) 8.25-30 ish
  • Sponsored links:

• Live in Sidcup
    Leave for work about 8 drive in
    Get to sunny Woolwich about 8.20-30

Finish any time from 4 usually home about 4.45
  • 15 min walk to station
    35 train to Charing Cross
    15/20 min walk to what passes for work.
  • Routine varies depending on where I am.

If I'm in the Office (at least to start) then I take my youngest daughter to school for 8:30 - 8:45 (depending on if she gets up!!) pop home, quick coffee with the wife as she will then be up and leave the house 9:30 ish ( Near Gillingham, Kent) arriving at the Office in Bickley near Bromley 10:30ish dependent on traffic. We are always very busy so often I might not leave in the evening until 9:00 or after but of late have tried to leave about 7:30. I'm trying to improve my work life balance or whatever it's called! Don't think the boss is impressed though!

School Holidays varies depending on what they are doing. Sister in law is staying so I arrived at the Office today for instance just after 9. I hope to leave about 6 this evening but who knows!
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Live in Dartford
    Leave home at 7.20
    Get train at 7.30
    Get bus (london bridge) at 8.05
    Get to work (chancery lane) 8.25-30 ish

So you get on my train then?
  • Walk 5min to Westcombe Park Station, get 7:40 train to London Bridge and then get 149 Bus to St Leonards Hospital ( 10 mins from Old Street). Usually at work 8:25-30 ish. Get home, 6:30-7pm
  • Drive car from the Bourne to Faversham approximately 25 minutes for 7 miles, bleedin School run to blame for that. Leave at 8.30am in work for 9.00am.

Return journey even shorter normally home by 5.30pm. Dogs have someone at home with them all day otherwise there would me a mountain of **** everywhere from 5 puppies & two adult German Sheps.
  • God i love working from home!

:-)
  • [cite]Posted By: God[/cite]StanmoreAddick i love working from home!

:-)
  • edited April 2008
    When on Days
    Mottingham Train Station (3 Minute Walk)
    - Euston Station via Charing Cross (Average 50 minutes)
    (5 Minute walk to Euston MDU)
    58-60 Minutes

When On Nights
    Drive the 14 miles in about 45 minutes to work and home in about 30 minutes, my record is 24 minutes with every traffic light going my way and the Blackwall tunnel having no late night road works.

Cats left for about about 9 hours if i'm on days if not i'm there anyway