Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The difference between men and women.....

I watched the Democratic presidential nomination debate today between Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama and something happened that exemplified the difference (in my opinion) between men and women when they really want something desperately badly, especially when its a male/female contest.
In short, Obama was offered a softball on Clinton's recent mis-statements (lies) on being under sniper fire when she arrived in Bosnia as First Lady in the 90's.
"Well, we are speaking so much during this campaign and are on tape 24/7 so I think we are allowed the odd mistake now and then," Obama responded.
For her part, Clinton was offered similar questions on Obama's recent comments about working class Yanks being "bitter" about globalisation and over his associationa with Rev. Jeremiah "God Damn America" Wright.
Well, Hillary, in that non-aggressive but clearly malevolent way that only the fairer sex seem to possess ripped poor old Obama from breakfast to supper with comments like, "I know Senator Obama is an honorable man but....."
It just brought home to me that although there are men out there as equally ruthless as Hillary (Bush and Rove for starters) that women have a way of being utterly ruthless in a far more subtle way than men who will often come out and clumsily confront people whereas some women are much more effective at causing what the Chinese call "Death by a thousand knives."
For what its worth, I do admire Hillary greatly but her performance today left a sour taste and made me lean more toward Obama who may lack her killer instinct and political nous but appears to be much more of a rounded human being than she is.

Comments

• Options
    I got a bit bored half-way through but I presume in the end you were going to say "Cocks and Tits"
  • Options
    Obama is comfortably leading the race to win the Democratic nomination - realistically it's his to lose and therefore perhaps was playing it a bit cool and not trying to over-do it. To win Hillary needs Obama to self-destruct to win and is going after him tooth & nail.

I didn't watch the debate but there's been a lot of adverse comment about the nature of the questions asked of the candidates. The US is stuck in Iraq with no clear strategy of how to win, and domestically is about to enter a recession and yet they ask Obama why he doesn't wear a lapel pin of the US flag? WTF...
  • Options
    Don't really give a hoot about the USA as a whole let alone their internal politics. OkOk everyone will say this is the most powerful job in the world, maybe but it DOES NOT effect me or my world.
    I just want the lad to win the Democratc nomination because of the total arrogance shown by the Clinton camp over the past few years. They thought all she had to do was to announce that she would run and the Whitehouse was hers 100% let alone be the Demo candidate.
  • Options
    I'm sorry Ormy but I have no respect for the woman - As first lady she put tried to sort out the mess that is the US healthcare system with "Hillarycare". Now we hardly ever hear a peep out of her on the subject - I wonder why - Well maybe the fact that she is funded to a fair extent by what we would consider to be the private healthcare sector has something to do with it.