Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Any computer wizz's out there?

Every single time i push the 'search' button on Google, i get directed to a site called 'Guazu.com'.Think it's a file sharing site.
It's been happening for weeks now.Been using the orange search page instead which is not as good

Any ideas?

cheers.

Comments

• Options
    ScoSco
    edited April 2008
    It is possibly a virus/trojan/spyware thing. You should run a full scan on your system using (fully updated) anti-virus software and download and run some anti-spyware tools:

Spybot

Ad-aware

(Both free)

Run all the checks with the computer disconnected from the internet.
  • Options
    its possible that you might have accidently added a toolbar when you have installed something. so when you search for something in an advertisers toolbar they will automatically direct you to their site.

when you are on the google homepage rather than clicking search just press enter and see if that makes a difference
  • Options
    Sounds like a Virus

Lavasoft is good also AVG is a great free one to have
  • Options
    Definitely spyware/trojan

There is another one called Hijack This, it gets red of most things that Adaware doesnt.

http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/programs.php
  • Options
    Turn it off and then on again
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: DaveMehmet[/cite]Turn it off and then on again[/quote]

LOL....1st line support Mehmet!!
  • Options
    Thanks for all the info nerds. ;-)

[cite]Posted By: DaveMehmet[/cite]Turn it off and then on again

Absolute genius.Worked first time.

[cite]Posted By: Sco[/cite]It is possibly a virus/trojan/spyware thing. You should run a full scan on your system using (fully updated) anti-virus software and download and run some anti-spyware tools:

Spybot

Ad-aware

(Both free)

Run all the checks with the computer disconnected from the internet.

Excellent advice Sco.Turns out my computer's got more diseases than a Maguluf holiday rep.And i can now go on google and find out what half of them are

Thanks again people.