Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

st georges day

edited April 2008 in Not Sports Related
why is this not a public holiday yet? should be partys in the streets like a jubilee.

Comments

• Options
    dont get me started on Political Correctness
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    i have some irish heritage but feel embarrsed for people who celebrate st pats in silly hats over here,this is england let us celebrate this day.
  • Options
    Well, some of us will be out again locally, as we have done for the last 10-12 years, always a good turnout, 300-400 sometimes crowded into the bar/pub.
  • Options
    Yep

Whats everyone doing?

Think im stuck at work no chance of teh day off

Also Ging is in court round the corner from me that day
  • Options
    Got the day off work, waiting to hear the plans...
  • Options
    there celebrating it in the plough in catford.
  • Options
    Our normal Bexley venue, always guaranteed a turn out, got the afternoon off for a pre match lunch in Bexleyheath with a pal.
  • Options
    Lunch in the city , then head down to Bexley
  • Options
    I'll get Dave to send the flag down....lol
  • Options
    DA9DA9
    edited April 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Gump[/cite]I'll get Dave to send the flag down....lol

LOL.... we have a new one now as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It better not be bigger than any Millwall one...they have "size" issues, don't you know...
  • Options
    woolwich south about 1pm
    woolwich north 2.30 ish
    woolwich south 4.30 ish
    plumstead 6ish
    Bexley 7.30 ?

timing is everything , aint got it right in the last 15 years !!!
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    will be having a little drink up at lunchtime here in the north, shame i have to be in that day though...

will be having our ST. George's Day proper in Sheffield and then Barnsley that weekend
  • Options
    St Georges day is always a day on the mead. Then jousting through Chatham high street with the invading saracens
  • Options
    Bexly has always been a good crack but over the past few years has got a bit lively in the evening
  • Options
    Late evening things have been getting slightly spikey round this way too.

It's amazing the amount of people who will want to start an argument with people celebrating that day but on St.Guiness day feel the need to stick the pogues on the jukey 200 times and wear a stoopid green hat and go on about how much better the black stuff is in Ireland when the pissing stuff tastes exactly the same and is only poured properly over there.

Bombardier and Giant wll be orders of the day as will gallons of flat cider.
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]i have some irish heritage but feel embarrsed for people who celebrate st pats in silly hats over here,this is england let us celebrate this day.

Here, here.

I fully approve naming our national saint after a Turk who most likely would never be allowed inside the country that adopted him as its patron saint and who would never meet the approval of the BNP either.
  • Options
    Was that sarcasm or a dig?
  • Options
    Actually BFR he was not a Turk as such - more greek as modern day Turkey was occupied by greek speakers. I get your point made after however.
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]Was that sarcasm or a dig?

If you understand the joke it's sarcasm, if you don't it's a dig...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    who was that strange little blond child genius who became a woman? someone on here reminds of him.
  • Options
    Probably down to Trax again.
  • Options
    what a surprise BFR having a dig at St George. u really are pathetic.
  • Options
    obvious though.
  • Options
    james harries thats who bfr reminds me of.
  • Options
    Excuse my ignorance, but why is Bexley the preferred destination of choice exactly?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]Was that sarcasm or a dig?

If you understand the joke it's sarcasm, if you don't it's a dig...

In a word...COCK.

Stay in Germany and don't come back.
  • Options
    DA9DA9
    edited April 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]woolwich south about 1pm
    woolwich north 2.30 ish
    woolwich south 4.30 ish
    plumstead 6ish
    Bexley 7.30 ?

timing is everything , aint got it right in the last 15 years !!!

Is this with the winged one?.......no chance of getting away after just 2 hours fella
  • Options
    DA9DA9
    edited April 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]what a surprise BFR having a dig at St George. u really are pathetic.

I note no such sarcasm about St Patrick being Welsh forthcoming from him........................................., isn't it amazing how people will quite happily pick holes in the English saints day but no one else, and since when has St Georges day had anything to do with the BNP?

The celebration of St Georges day has grown & grown for nearly 10 years, to the extent that the major high street card shops now stock merchandise, pubs decorate their bars and put on functions, schools, church groups, scouts, town councils (Dartford for one) all now get involved and celebrate the day.

Is there any link between this government coming to power in 97 and trying to erode away any English culture or identity, and the failed attempts at forcing multiculturilism on oridinary folk, and its even worse immigration and deportation policies, and the rise in patriotism and pride in being English,the search for an identity?

I for one, think not.

There is a forgotten -

nay almost forbidden word,

. . . . a word which means more to me than any other. . . .

That word is

"ENGLAND"

Sir Winston Churchill.
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Well said was going reply something along those lines myself mate.

Yes the North Woolwich thingy is with Mr Nut. have to get out and about though need to see how many are going on the Sunday "walk".

Bexley is only the place to go because there is a bar there that has made an effort for along time to put on a show for St Gs Day. Its a nice bar and if to packed (it usually is) there are other places to go.